Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 904248 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Not sure how many follow Blabbermouth on a regular basis, but they seem to always have stories with the same rock stars over and over.  It's clearly just to mess around with people, but for the last couple weeks it's seemingly been turned up a notch with daily trivial stories revolving around KK Downing.  I think each story is from his new book, but it's funny watching people lose it with the constant KK updates lol.

I use to look at it daily but haven't been there for months.  I should check it out again though by the sounds.  The comments made visiting worthwhile most of the time.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It seems to happen on BM every time a high profile book comes out - exerpts for weeks and each one a new "story" on BM.  As Kade said - you go there for the comments.

Speaking of amusing .........this clip of Steel Panther doing Ozzy managed to get a laugh out of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHfowLnbTkU
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline Lowdz

It seems to happen on BM every time a high profile book comes out - exerpts for weeks and each one a new "story" on BM.  As Kade said - you go there for the comments.

Speaking of amusing .........this clip of Steel Panther doing Ozzy managed to get a laugh out of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHfowLnbTkU

Saw that the other day. Brilliant. Even got the auto tune on the chorus and mumbling words, forgetting them. Pure Ozzy.

Anyone heard 5he new Dynazty? Solid. 😀

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Not sure how many follow Blabbermouth on a regular basis, but they seem to always have stories with the same rock stars over and over.  It's clearly just to mess around with people, but for the last couple weeks it's seemingly been turned up a notch with daily trivial stories revolving around KK Downing.  I think each story is from his new book, but it's funny watching people lose it with the constant KK updates lol.

I use to look at it daily but haven't been there for months.  I should check it out again though by the sounds.  The comments made visiting worthwhile most of the time.

I stopped bothering a year or so ago. It's all meant as click bait. If I want news on bands I like, I simply go to their social media sites and get it there.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just thought I'd post my little haul I ordered from Utopia in Sydney lads;  Brent reminding me about them for the Redemption a while back and got these;

Redemption - Long Night's Journey Into Day
UDO - Steelfactory
Omnium Gatherum - The Burning Cold
Vega - Only Human

Not expecting much from the Vega, but they are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.  I know Omnium Gatherum probably shouldn't be mentioned in this thread haha, but Jon sending them to me in my first roulette has made me a fan.  Love their melodies and the mix of brutal growls and such beautiful music is excellent.  This is a pretty standard affair from them but a couple of goodies.

The big surprise is the UDO.  I LOVED Decadent and it's probably my fav from him so I was skeptical with what he would come up with.  And it's a worthy follow up just from the first listen.  Still maintains that bit of heaviness in some of the songs, but even though there's about 50 songs on here I'm looking forward getting into this one, some great melodies and riffs all the way through, with some nice edge without too much cheesiness.  Although I dare you not to laugh your ass off as soon as you hear Make the Move.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The big surprise is the UDO.  I LOVED Decadent and it's probably my fav from him so I was skeptical with what he would come up with.  And it's a worthy follow up just from the first listen.  Still maintains that bit of heaviness in some of the songs, but even though there's about 50 songs on here I'm looking forward getting into this one, some great melodies and riffs all the way through, with some nice edge without too much cheesiness.  Although I dare you not to laugh your ass off as soon as you hear Make the Move. Living For Tonight.

I'm checking this out. The first song sounds great.

Tongue Reaper?

Tongue fucking Reaper??  :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Make The Move was awful, vocally. Udo would be a great band... without Udo

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The big surprise is the UDO.  I LOVED Decadent and it's probably my fav from him so I was skeptical with what he would come up with.  And it's a worthy follow up just from the first listen.  Still maintains that bit of heaviness in some of the songs, but even though there's about 50 songs on here I'm looking forward getting into this one, some great melodies and riffs all the way through, with some nice edge without too much cheesiness.  Although I dare you not to laugh your ass off as soon as you hear Make the Move. Living For Tonight.

I'm checking this out. The first song sounds great.

Tongue Reaper?

Tongue fucking Reaper??  :rollin

Yeah, crazy rip off there, but I love it.  Yeah, Tongue Reaper, WTF?!!  :metal :metal :metal

Make The Move was awful, vocally. Udo would be a great band... without Udo

I actually think he sounds pretty decent on this album.  This isn't as good as Decadent, but it's really enjoyable.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
This might be of more interest than the Work Of Art preview Tim........

https://www.metalblade.com/europe/news/riot-releases-thundersteel-30th-anniversary-edition/
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, that's more like it!!

Oh, and here's a great DTF Secret Santa idea!
https://knucklebonz.com/product/yngwie-malmsteen-rock-iconz-statue/

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That is fucking amazing, I love it, but $149!?!!!?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You guys see this? 44. WTF??

https://bravewords.com/news/all-that-remains-confirm-death-of-guitarist-oli-herbert

About a dozen years ago or so, I tried rough style vocals and All That Remains is one of the band I checked out. I remember their music was pretty good. I may go back and recheck it.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

The Wolfking guitar Rock Iconz Statue would be cooler!  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
MUCH COOLER! :metal :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'd get that!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You guys see this? 44. WTF??

https://bravewords.com/news/all-that-remains-confirm-death-of-guitarist-oli-herbert

About a dozen years ago or so, I tried rough style vocals and All That Remains is one of the band I checked out. I remember their music was pretty good. I may go back and recheck it.

Oh fuck.  What the hell, I wonder what happened, Oli was a great guitarist and I've got one of their older albums and it's quality.  Fuckin' hell.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The Wolfking guitar Rock Iconz Statue would be cooler!  :metal

:metal  I'd give you all you boys a free one too!!!

I'd buy that one too.  But the real question is where is the Kip Winger one??

Offline Lowdz

Brilliant 😀🤘

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Starbreaker - sounds a bit more straight ahead metal than the older modern-tinged stuff

https://youtu.be/sZ964oRKEvU

album due Jan 2019

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Decent enough first track.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Listened to Lynch Mob's first album, Wicked Sensation, the other day for the first time in ages.  I have to say, while there was nothing really groundbreaking or deep about it, the songs are SO well composed just from a musical standpoint.  The guitar riffs are nasty and catchy.  The vocal melodies are amazing.  Oni Logan just drips attitude the way he sings.  Really good album.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Really nice listen... though I can easily do without the Phantom of the Opera cover.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Listened to Lynch Mob's first album, Wicked Sensation, the other day for the first time in ages.  I have to say, while there was nothing really groundbreaking or deep about it, the songs are SO well composed just from a musical standpoint.  The guitar riffs are nasty and catchy.  The vocal melodies are amazing.  Oni Logan just drips attitude the way he sings.  Really good album.

Great album. Second one was pretty good too. Production wasn’t as good however.

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods

I saw them when they opened for Great White in 2012. It was my birthday too, I thought they were great. Bought Sound Mountain Sessions and got it signed by George Lynch.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The Primal Fear influence is really strong and evident in that Starbreaker track.  However, Tony sounds amazing and the songwriting is really good as always.

Even though what Magnus has been doing lately is not The Battle or the first Starbreaker quality, he's still really having a very strong run and still putting out impressive stuff.  Although, it seems he doesn't give a fuck that he uses the same 4 licks over and over again.

Offline Lowdz

I saw them when they opened for Great White in 2012. It was my birthday too, I thought they were great. Bought Sound Mountain Sessions and got it signed by George Lynch.

I saw them open for Queensryche and after their set they stood in front of me to watch the start of the QR set. They only stayed there for a couple of songs but enough to shake George’s hand. No magic rubbed off on my guitar playing 😀

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
The Primal Fear influence is really strong and evident in that Starbreaker track.  However, Tony sounds amazing and the songwriting is really good as always.

Even though what Magnus has been doing lately is not The Battle or the first Starbreaker quality, he's still really having a very strong run and still putting out impressive stuff.  Although, it seems he doesn't give a fuck that he uses the same 4 licks over and over again.

Yes MK's riffs are a little on the "been there, done that" vibe but they're very efficient for what they are. And Tony Harnell! Just wow! What an amazing singer! He's always been one of my all time faves.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I saw this headline:
https://bravewords.com/news/kingdom-come-talk-comeback-shows-we-re-touring-to-re-establish-the-band-name

RE-establish?? Don't you have to be... oh I don't know.....established first!!?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/oeb1As36m3k

New Inglorious track. I like it. I was a bit disappointed that it slowed down after the initial fast riff but it picked up nicely after.

That seems to be standard practice these days, fast riff to make 3 everything interesting then switch to the clean chords and bore the pants off everyone. Film video in abandoned warehouse and repeat.

Anyway, Nathan James can sing a bit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yikes!

Wrong thread, bro. ;D