Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 901736 times)

Offline Lowdz

Yeah, it's really heavy. Testament-lite.

Wow.  I know nothing from Dee or Twisted Sister but might have to check this out.

Bugger. I should have sent something from the Widowmaker album in your roulette. Blood and Bullets is th3 best album with Dee on it. I’m not much of a TS fan.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, it's really heavy. Testament-lite.

Wow.  I know nothing from Dee or Twisted Sister but might have to check this out.

Bugger. I should have sent something from the Widowmaker album in your roulette. Blood and Bullets is th3 best album with Dee on it. I’m not much of a TS fan.

Jesus, I see it features Pitrelli also, yeah good chance that would have gone down well.  I'll add it to the list mate, thanks.  Name sounds familiar, maybe Brent's played it before.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Current wolfking roulette listening;  Arida Vortex - The Illustrated Man.  Only halfway through but this is really quite good.  Don't know what the fuck it's about though.

Hade a listen to Andy James - Exodus too.  He's a great shredder, but really pretty one dimensional in his style.  Some really nice tunes on this, but most are quite samey and feel almost improvised.  Nice sound and great shred though, top player.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Jesus, I see it features Pitrelli also, yeah good chance that would have gone down well.  I'll add it to the list mate, thanks.  Name sounds familiar, maybe Brent's played it before.

Yup - was in one of the "Hard Rock/Metal Rarities" podcasts .   Not sure I covered every letter in the alphabet but W was done at some point.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:26:18 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yup - was in one of the "Hard Rock/Metal Rarities" podcasts .   Not sure I covered every letter in the alphabet but W was done at some point.

See, I listen!  ;D

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
To follow up on the memorabilia post I made, my stuff is all up and done. But my wife's portion of our den (where all of this stuff is) is yet to be done. And since she has the same love of hard rock and metal we all do, she's accumulated some killer stuff over the years. So I am re-doing all of her stuff as well, and will post some pics of it all once it is completed. She's got some signed Megadeth stuff, a killer signed Pushead Empire patch and LP single from Queensryche, and some other really cool goodies. For those that dig Firewind, she took this killer shot of Gus during Firewind's last tour with their classic era singer, Apollo.

Anyway, I'm re-doing the entire den, so once done, I'll post a couple of pics.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Some more roulette listening in the form of Leather Heart - Comeback.  This is a really enjoyable album.  Liking it a lot.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Some more roulette listening in the form of Leather Heart - Comeback.  This is a really enjoyable album.  Liking it a lot.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Was very annoyed when someone used that. Hurt to cross it off my list.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Isn't as heavy as I thought it would be after first impressions with The Crow but that's not a negative at all.  Excellent from start to finish and the Danger Zone cover is awesome.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
 :metal Great album!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Had a listen to Firepower again this week in the car and I initially thought Rising and Surrender were the best tracks but I now agree with Tim.  Listening again, Traitors Gate is by far the best song on the album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Had a listen to Firepower again this week in the car and I initially thought Rising and Surrender were the best tracks but I now agree with Tim.  Listening again, Traitors Gate is by far the best song on the album.

:metal :metal :metal

That song rocks, man.  I actually listened to Firepower a couple of weeks ago, and holy shit, this album stands up. I still feel the same way about that chorus.

Out Of The Dark
Into The Light

That whole part is  :2metal:

It's easily a Top 5 album of the year for me, maybe Top 3. This is an impressive album. So heavy.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
It's album of the year for me at this point.  I'll see how the new Primal Fear and Fifth Angel sound, but it will be pretty tough to take the top ranking away from it.

I think its easily the best Priest album since Painkiller and definitely top tier overall.  If thats the final album for the band, you can't get much better than that.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:metal :metal :metal

That song rocks, man.  I actually listened to Firepower a couple of weeks ago, and holy shit, this album stands up. I still feel the same way about that chorus.

Out Of The Dark
Into The Light

That whole part is  :2metal:

It's easily a Top 5 album of the year for me, maybe Top 3. This is an impressive album. So heavy.

Yeah, I was surprised how fucking epic it is and confused why I didn't have that opinion on it initially.

It's album of the year for me at this point.  I'll see how the new Primal Fear and Fifth Angel sound, but it will be pretty tough to take the top ranking away from it.

I think its easily the best Priest album since Painkiller and definitely top tier overall.  If thats the final album for the band, you can't get much better than that.

It's holding up surprisngly well.  The 1-2 punch of Firepower and Lightning Strikes is one of the coolest starts to an album they have done.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Guess I need another listen of it then.  I spun it a few times when it was released, and liked it plenty, but haven't gone back to it.  Time to drop the needle... click the Spotify, actually.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Today is it hotter in Winnipeg or Australia? In Winnipeg it's 39 Celsius or 102.2 Fahrenheit

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully we can beat somewhere in Australia at least once a year lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Today is it hotter in Winnipeg or Australia? In Winnipeg it's 39 Celsius or 102.2 Fahrenheit

Currenltly winter over here bro, so you got us covered today.  39 degrees sucks though doesn't matter where you are.  The world is getting hotter every year and it's getting pretty concerning truthfully.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's very true and it is concerning. Unfortunately when you have to deal with minus 40 Celsius in the winter, you are hard pressed to complain about heat lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Has anyone heard the new Primal Fear in its entirety?

I've ordered it, but it won't get here for a few more days. The reviews sound very good

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I've ordered it, but it won't get here for a few more days. The reviews sound very good

With a public holiday today, I'm going on a hunt this afternoon to see if I can find a copy instore.  The songs so far have been okay but I'm hoping there is more quality within the album.  Surely Brent has checked it out?

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent has already checked out the next Primal Fear album after Apocalypse

Offline Lowdz

:metal :lol

Not heard it yet but I’m on leave and have decorating to do so it will get an airing today.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent has already checked out the next Primal Fear album after Apocalypse

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I couldn't find a copy this afternoon.  :'(

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.

I have a download waiting for me. WIll go grab it and fire it up...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Spun it this morning.  On par with the last two albums - excellent stuff top-to-bottom, but nothing entirely 'new' from PF.  I'll still buy it though.

Offline Lowdz

Spun it this morning.  On par with the last two albums - excellent stuff top-to-bottom, but nothing entirely 'new' from PF.  I'll still buy it though.

Yeah, agree with this. Enjoyed it.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
The last Primal Fear album I bought was 16.6 and haven't kept up with them since.  So this new one seems pretty kickass to me.   :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
The last Primal Fear album I bought was 16.6 and haven't kept up with them since.  So this new one seems pretty kickass to me.   :metal

Dude... if you're loving Apocalypse, you need to get Delivering the Black, and Rulebreaker right now.  They are both all kids of awesome.

One Night in December :2metal:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Dude... if you're loving Apocalypse, you need to get Delivering the Black, and Rulebreaker right now.  They are both all kids of awesome.

One Night in December :2metal:

Delivering the Black is just a perfect album. I love it so much.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm one listen in and its definitely on par with Rulebreaker.  It's kick ass and like the Chadster said, its excellent from top to bottom but nothing new from PF.  "Hail to the Fear" stood out to me upon first listen but I need to listen a few more times.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm one listen in and its definitely on par with Rulebreaker.  It's kick ass and like the Chadster said, its excellent from top to bottom but nothing new from PF.  "Hail to the Fear" stood out to me upon first listen but I need to listen a few more times.

I was awaiting the third in the epic 'trilogy'... One Night In December --> We Walk Without Fear --> ??  Eye of the storm was close, but not close enough.