Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 903749 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Anyone check out the new Lizzy Borden album? The reviews were fairly poor which surprised me because usually Lizzy has been consistent with putting out solid albums in the past.

But I checked out some songs on YouTube and the reviews are pretty spot on, it's sounding like a modern almost poppy sounding rockish album.

It's far removed from Love you to Pieces.

There are a few very positive reviews around but on the whole I agree it's been pretty negative.  I thought the first couple of tracks were pretty good but after that I thought it was a bit of a mess - most songs had a good idea here and there but to me it sounded like a lot of unfinished ideas.   If I had bothered to rate it the number probably would've had a 6 on the front of it.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I did check it out and it fucking blows.

How's that?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
End of discussion lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh man, it was so bad.

I did bust out the Murderous Metal Road Show, which still is amazing.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a shame to hear.  Lizzy is as j said usually pretty consistent, and Appointment with Death was a really strong album IMO.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's a shame to hear.

By all means, don't take my word for it. God knows I've been on the wrong side of albums reviews before.

But I thought it sucked. ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 Does it suck or fucking blow ?- you've spent years educating us on your rating system and now it's confusing everyone.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh no, it fucking blows. I was just trying to not be too negative in multiple posts. :D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So, two headlines caught my attention on Bravewords today.

First:

KINGDOM COME To Celebrate Debut Album With 30th Anniversary Tour
https://bravewords.com/news/kingdom-come-to-celebrate-debut-album-with-30th-anniversary-tour

Wut? Do you mean the LANDMARK GROUND BREAKING INFLUENTIAL BREAK THE MOLD CLASSIC BEST SELLING TRIPLE FUCKING PLATINUM debut from Kingdome Come?

3 words...WHO FUCKING CARES!

The second one:

Drum Legend BRIAN TICHY Joins W.A.S.P. For European Festival Dates
https://bravewords.com/news/drum-legend-brian-tichy-joins-w-a-s-p-for-european-festival-dates

Wut?? DRUM LEGEND? Brian Tichy is a DRUM LEGEND now? Who the fuck is he? I think he did some stuff with Whitesnake, right? So he's some dude that plays drums for fucking has been 80's bands and that makes him a fucking DRUM LEGEND?? Seriously, I'm almost 50 and have been a music fan my entire life. I don't own, nor have I heard any album that Brian Tichy is on. Also, pretty sure I'm aware of who the music legends are are who is not.

Bonham? Legend
Moon? Legend
Peart? Legend
Portnoy? Hell, I'll give you that. Legend
Brian Fucking Tichy? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Tichy is a good drummer , popular hired gun/session guy but yeah - hardly legendary.

The worst thing about the Kingdom Come news (and I do think the debut KC is a good effort) is that the guy who IS/WAS Kingdom Come (Lenny Wolf) isn't in the band anymore.  So yeah - even if you think they are legendary - who fucking cares if the main guy/signature voice isn't a part of it

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
The Kingdom Come debut is really good, but certainly not legendary, and yeah, without Lenny Wolf it doesn't make much sense.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So, two headlines caught my attention on Bravewords today.

First:

KINGDOM COME To Celebrate Debut Album With 30th Anniversary Tour
https://bravewords.com/news/kingdom-come-to-celebrate-debut-album-with-30th-anniversary-tour

Wut? Do you mean the LANDMARK GROUND BREAKING INFLUENTIAL BREAK THE MOLD CLASSIC BEST SELLING TRIPLE FUCKING PLATINUM debut from Kingdome Come?

3 words...WHO FUCKING CARES!

The second one:

Drum Legend BRIAN TICHY Joins W.A.S.P. For European Festival Dates
https://bravewords.com/news/drum-legend-brian-tichy-joins-w-a-s-p-for-european-festival-dates

Wut?? DRUM LEGEND? Brian Tichy is a DRUM LEGEND now? Who the fuck is he? I think he did some stuff with Whitesnake, right? So he's some dude that plays drums for fucking has been 80's bands and that makes him a fucking DRUM LEGEND?? Seriously, I'm almost 50 and have been a music fan my entire life. I don't own, nor have I heard any album that Brian Tichy is on. Also, pretty sure I'm aware of who the music legends are are who is not.

Bonham? Legend
Moon? Legend
Peart? Legend
Portnoy? Hell, I'll give you that. Legend
Brian Fucking Tichy? You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim is on a roll on this page. I like it, he should provide us with more music news updates!

Offline ozzy554

Weird last Kingdome Come news I heard Lenny was talking about wanting to get the original line-up back for a new album and a tour. I wonder what the fuck happend there.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tim is on a roll on this page. I like it, he should provide us with more music news updates!

OK here's one:
https://bravewords.com/news/def-leppard-announces-new-collaboration-with-luxury-sneaker-brand-six-hundred-four

WTF'nF?

What's next? Fucking Winger slippers??

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, for only $1000 you can have all four pairs!!!!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Which would likely only come in size 17.

Or womens.

Or women's size 17.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

OK here's one:
https://bravewords.com/news/def-leppard-announces-new-collaboration-with-luxury-sneaker-brand-six-hundred-four

WTF'nF?

That is a fucking joke.  Fuck off!!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
New Primal Fear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-bYmB-jkFk

Rather ordinary in my opinion.  And fuck Frontiers - enough with using the same formula for videos.  I'd rather they spent the money on something else - like we haven't seen a band playing in an abandoned warehouse/factor a hundred times already.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Rather ordinary in my opinion.  And fuck Frontiers - enough with using the same formula for videos.  I'd rather they spent the money on something else - like we haven't seen a band playing in an abandoned warehouse/factor a hundred times already.

They probably set the cameras up and get all the bands to turn up on the same day.

Offline Lowdz

So Brent, you getting one of these Van Halen Eruption Guitar’s? The man played Eruption on each one 😀

https://www.hairbandheaven.rocks/single-post/2018/06/28/EDDIE-VAN-HALEN-Unveils-New-Eruption-Model-Guitars

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
So Brent, you getting one of these Van Halen Eruption Guitar’s? The man played Eruption on each one 😀

https://www.hairbandheaven.rocks/single-post/2018/06/28/EDDIE-VAN-HALEN-Unveils-New-Eruption-Model-Guitars

Nah - not getting hugely excited over that .  Just a bit of a cash grab - happy with the EVH one I already have in storage for Mr Ben  ;)    Couldn't afford one these days anyway.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought that was pretty good (surprise, surprise).  Reminded me of something mid tempo from their older stuff ala Nuclear Fire.  The band is Magnus' now though, it's all his writing and guitars.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought it's a pretty good track, but yeah, it's somewhat ordinary.  I doubt it will be a standout track on the new album though.

I do agree about the empty warehouse videos!  Especially from Primal Fear, that seems to be a go to for them.   

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Once Winger slippers hit the shelves they won't have room in the warehouse for Primal Fear.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
They're great for the beach!

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Was listening to Twisted Sisters album You Can't Stop Rock n Roll. I think that album is easily their best album by far.

I'm curious what Dee Sniders new album will sound like.  Would have been cool to just have the TS guys play on it and just make it a Twisted Sister album. Probably would have sold much better with the TS name attached to it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Was listening to Twisted Sisters album You Can't Stop Rock n Roll. I think that album is easily their best album by far.

I'm curious what Dee Sniders new album will sound like.  Would have been cool to just have the TS guys play on it and just make it a Twisted Sister album. Probably would have sold much better with the TS name attached to it.

The sound of the track I heard from his upcoming "metal" album was very promising BUT (from someone who normally takes zero notice of lyrics) the lyrics were that bad that they ruined the song for me .   And if your lyrics are so hopelessly incompetent , my advice is not to bring out a lyric video  ::)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

It's a great album. Listened to a lot of it last week while making a 1983 playlist on Spotify.

The title track uses the Running Wild/Wicker man riff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
really cool song

I guess the abandoned factory was booked by Primal Fear, so UDO had to use the abandoned house.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Dee Snider - Become The Storm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hljBz0zTEKQ

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal   This song is slamming and Dee sounds so awesome!  I wasn't too big on the first single, but this one is a killer song.

Offline Lowdz

New UDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xksm1X7UHM

This is pretty damn good.

It’s not converting me to a UDO fan, though the song is good. I’d prefer it if he did away with the drunken crooning and just do the screechy vocal instead.

The Dee Snyder is pretty good though. Video is the same old shit in a warehouse with a swinging lightbulb or two.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:48:36 AM by Lowdz »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Dee Snider - Become The Storm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hljBz0zTEKQ

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal   This song is slamming and Dee sounds so awesome!  I wasn't too big on the first single, but this one is a killer song.

Awesome tune!!! Might have to seriously consider a purchase here. That was amazing.

New UDO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xksm1X7UHM

This is pretty damn good.

It's excellent. But I have just never been able to get excited about UDO.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That Dee song is excellent!!