Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907965 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That was the definition of shit.  Nothing redeeming in that track whatsoever.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
For all these new rock songs on youtube, I tend to look at the thumbs up and thumbs down ratings.  The majority of songs that I find crap or "solid", most still have an overwhelming thumbs up.  I usually just figure its fanboys that will like anything released by a band.

However, this one is pretty even with the thumbs down, so that goes to show you the suckage of this one.

As far as TNT goes, I am only familiar with the song 10,000 lovers and Knights of the New Thunder album.  But this is terrible.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m afraid I don’t have any good news on the new releases front. The new TNT song. Shit doesn’t even come close to describing this.

https://youtu.be/yBwxbDJGrN4

I was ready to get a hard rock when clicking this, instead I just got a soft cock.  This could be one of the crappiest thing I ever heard.  No wonder Harnell said fuck these guys, again.

Disappointing when they keep saying are you ready for some hard rock when it never fucking comes.

I tapped out 35 seconds in.  The first 34 seconds were disbelief

Good effort  :lol   

I agree with everything Kade said - I only heard enough to know it's a joke.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Rumours around that the Conception boys have been spotted together.   I realise that probably means little to many but I'd be on board "bigly."
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Rumours around that the Conception boys have been spotted together.   I realise that probably means little to many but I'd be on board "bigly."

Cool!  And with Khan recording that song that got put out on YT earlier this week, I will be hopeful it's more than just them hanging out.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Yeah, there's no point in getting those Fifth Angel cd's without any extras.  Cool shit though.

Yup. I am getting those limited vinyls, but that's it. There's no other material, honestly. I have the "Under Pressure" demo that was left off the first record. Somebody discovered it years ago, and when I asked both Ed and James, they said the same thing (paraphrasing here): "It was a song we did that was left off the deal with both Shrapnel and Epic/Sony. Someone probably found a cassette in a trash bin, saved it, and then transferred it." They did not record the song in-studio, according to them. Just a demo at home.

And as for Time Will Tell, there is nothing leftover from that either. They were lucky to get that album recorded, as they could never get a drummer. Ken Mary did them a solid and did the drums for it, but he had already left the band by then. And then Ed left, and the band fell apart.

Should be some new Fifth Angel news soon though!
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, there's no point in getting those Fifth Angel cd's without any extras.  Cool shit though.

Yup. I am getting those limited vinyls, but that's it. There's no other material, honestly. I have the "Under Pressure" demo that was left off the first record. Somebody discovered it years ago, and when I asked both Ed and James, they said the same thing (paraphrasing here): "It was a song we did that was left off the deal with both Shrapnel and Epic/Sony. Someone probably found a cassette in a trash bin, saved it, and then transferred it." They did not record the song in-studio, according to them. Just a demo at home.

And as for Time Will Tell, there is nothing leftover from that either. They were lucky to get that album recorded, as they could never get a drummer. Ken Mary did them a solid and did the drums for it, but he had already left the band by then. And then Ed left, and the band fell apart.

Should be some new Fifth Angel news soon though!

Makes sense.  I always found the UFO cover out of place and unnecessary.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
NO UFO cover is out of place and unnecessary.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Didn't Winger cover a UFO song once?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Chad, have you checked out the new Borealis yet?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

But of course.  Even outright purchased it.  Only listened 2-3 times, so haven't really picked anything distinctive out of it, but it's as good as any other release of theirs.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

But of course.  Even outright purchased it.  Only listened 2-3 times, so haven't really picked anything distinctive out of it, but it's as good as any other release of theirs.

Nice and solid then, very good.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It's more "solid" than the "solid" we use in the Frontiers thread, that's for sure.

Offline Lowdz

It's more "solid" than the "solid" we use in the Frontiers thread, that's for sure.

Indeed it is.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Don't know anything about any of 'em.  The tour poster isn't exactly making me want to rush out and buy their albums either.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I think if Punky Meadows smiles his toes are gonna curl up  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
https://bravewords.com/news/heavy-pettin-announce-uk-tour-with-angel-s-punky-meadows-and-frank-dimino

Lettin' Loose is one of my all time favorite albums!

What does everyone think of Angel?  They had a few songs that I liked, "The Tower" is good.  But I found most of their songs to be way too glammy for my rock tastes.  I remember when I read about them, they were presented as a heavy progressive band from the 70's and got lots of good reviews.  But when I played their music, I really wasn't getting that vibe at all besides a few spots here and there.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Don't know anything about any of 'em. 

Heavy Pettin's Lettin' Loose is a 1983 release. It is a cross between Def Leppard's High n Dry and Pyromania. I have loved it since the day it came out.
Their second album, Rock Ain't Dead blows.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
The only thing I know of Angel is Punky's Whips.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

Don't know anything about any of 'em.  The tour poster isn't exactly making me want to rush out and buy their albums either.  :lol

They were from Scotland and they were shit. Not much else to know.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Their first album was awesome. THEN they were shit! :lol

Offline Lowdz

https://bravewords.com/news/heavy-pettin-announce-uk-tour-with-angel-s-punky-meadows-and-frank-dimino

Lettin' Loose is one of my all time favorite albums!

What does everyone think of Angel?  They had a few songs that I liked, "The Tower" is good.  But I found most of their songs to be way too glammy for my rock tastes.  I remember when I read about them, they were presented as a heavy progressive band from the 70's and got lots of good reviews.  But when I played their music, I really wasn't getting that vibe at all besides a few spots here and there.

I have most of their albums on vinyl but I wouldn’t call myself a fan really. Some good songs, very KISS like. Punky Meadows’ album a couple of years ago was very good.

Offline Lowdz

Their first album was awesome. THEN they were shit! :lol

I’ll have to take your word fo4 that . They were so shit it puts me off even trying 5he first one. The singer wanted to be Rod Stewart. 80s Rod Stewart not cool 70s Rod Stewart.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Jon Bon Jovi- Young Guns 2 soundtrack

Aldo Nova- Blood on the Bricks

RATT - Dancing Undercover

Then you should have no problem with the first HP album.. ;D

Offline Lowdz

Jon Bon Jovi- Young Guns 2 soundtrack

Aldo Nova- Blood on the Bricks

RATT - Dancing Undercover

Then you should have no problem with the first HP album.. ;D

All three of those are excellent albums 😍

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Good enough for me mate.

Offline Lowdz

Good enough for me mate.

So I gave the first album a go as I was cleaning the bathroom today (oh the joys of being a grown up 😀) and it was actually pretty good. Maybe I’ll listen to this TAC fellow a bit more. He’s not always wrong...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ha!..No it isn't bad. It sits right between High n Dry and Pyromania. I enjoyed the hell out of Lettin' Loose when I was a kid, and I still love it. But man, they sucked on the second album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Speaking of early 80's heavy metal...

New Seven Sisters is out!!!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Good enough for me mate.

So I gave the first album a go as I was cleaning the bathroom today (oh the joys of being a grown up 😀) and it was actually pretty good. Maybe I’ll listen to this TAC fellow a bit more. He’s not always wrong...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns