Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 905005 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

For a guy that doesn't know what last.fm is, or have a FB account, you sure can make a meme better than most interwebz users Tim.

I don't know what last.fm is, don't have a facebook account and wouldn't have a clue how to make a meme, and am not even middle age, I think I'm fucked.

Hey Kade... Tim has hacked your account.  Might want to change your password from shesonly17

Tim can hack my account anytime.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

For a guy that doesn't know what last.fm is, or have a FB account, you sure can make a meme better than most interwebz users Tim.

I don't know what last.fm is, don't have a facebook account and wouldn't have a clue how to make a meme, and am not even middle age, I think I'm fucked.

Hey Kade... Tim has hacked your account.  Might want to change your password from shesonly17

;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
hack can accounts??

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Gee that didn't come out right.. :lol

That meme takes on a whole new meaning, doesn't it? :lol

Damn Winger!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Your Winger finger is a zinger.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hope it doesn't linger.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Give Tim Kip in the ringer.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
the hell is a can account?!?
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
the hell is a can account?!?

I dunno, but Tim's got one.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
 :rollin alright guys, you made my day, better than the funny thread  :lol :lol :rollin
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Saxon- Thunderbolt =  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

And I think I found Kade's all time favorite Saxon song.  "Predator", a Saxon song with some death metal vocals in the background!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

And I think I found Kade's all time favorite Saxon song.  "Predator", a Saxon song with some death metal vocals in the background!!

Get the fuck outta here!?  I have to work the next two weekends so dunno when I'm gonna be able to pick this up.

How do you rate it compared to Battering Ram mate?  Tim's assesment wasn't promising but I have faith.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Get the fuck outta here!?  I have to work the next two weekends so dunno when I'm gonna be able to pick this up.

Spotify is your friend.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
First two listens I would rate it slightly above Battering Ram but below Sacrifice.

There is some heavy tunes on this bad boy and Saxon just doesn't slow down

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
First two listens I would rate it slightly above Battering Ram but below Sacrifice.

There is some heavy tunes on this bad boy and Saxon just doesn't slow down

Fuckin nice.

Spotify is your friend.

For some reason I just can't take to it.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Let me know when you change your mind and I'll sell my JB Hifi shares  ;)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Let me know when you change your mind and I'll sell my JB Hifi shares  ;)

Make me an offer!  ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

How do you rate it compared to Battering Ram mate?  Tim's assesment wasn't promising but I have faith.

I don't think it's as strong as Battering Ram. And I'm not saying it sucks or anything. I would simply rank it last in the post Lionheart era.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I don't think it's as strong as Battering Ram. And I'm not saying it sucks or anything. I would simply rank it last in the post Lionheart era.

I guess I read that more negative than what it came across Tim.  I'd be disappointed if it were weaker than Call to Arms, IMO.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I actually like Call To Arms. But you'll definitely like it more than that. It just feels rushed to me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I actually like Call To Arms. But you'll definitely like it more than that. It just feels rushed to me.

That seemed by far the weakest to me from the later stuff so far, but I can't recall much so might need a revisit.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

That seemed by far the weakest to me from the later stuff so far, but I can't recall much so might need a revisit.

It was certainly the least heavy. Thunderbolt is definitely heavier.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It was certainly the least heavy. Thunderbolt is definitely heavier.

Good enough for me.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
It's way beyond "solid" if that helps Kade

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's way beyond "solid" if that helps Kade

:metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Borealis!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqlqxJaEzhM

Nothing new here but pretty damn nice.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sad news............I knew he was struggling with Parkinson's but didn't realise that it was that grave.   :-\

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Sad news............I knew he was struggling with Parkinson's but didn't realise that it was that grave.   :-\

My thoughts exactly.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

My thoughts exactly.

Fuck, same here.  RIP mate.  :'(

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
This comes as a sad surprise, I also knew about the Parkinson disease but never imagined it this being this serious.

Saw him a couple of time with Mr. Big, very good drummer and he had one of the most interesting solo spots I've ever seen at concerts.

RIP.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
On a brighter note,  producer to the stars and podcaster extraordinairre Mr Ben turned 10 years old today  :metal

That t-shirt came all the way from Berlin

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Metal Ben!  :metal

Speaking of metal, I can't get over how kick ass that new Stryper tune is. Once you hear the new song, that chorus will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Happy Birthday Ben!!

That shirt!!   :metal :hefdaddy

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Metal Ben!  :metal

Speaking of metal, I can't get over how kick ass that new Stryper tune is. Once you hear the new song, that chorus will be stuck in your head for the rest of the day!

As I said in the other thread, it seems pretty silly with that chorus but it definitely is catchy.  Just seems tacked on and doesn't really fit with the song, but I appreciate the heavier approach.