Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907069 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
JJ Approved!

:metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Can't wait to check this out when I'm not at work.  I'm not expecting anything really new or over the top either, just good metal.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Can't wait to check this out when I'm not at work.  I'm not expecting anything really new or over the top either, just good metal.

That's exactly what it is.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmmm....didn't knock my socks off, but definitely on par with what they have been doing.  Doesn't sound as heavy as what Battering Ram did here but hopefully that's just the youtube clip.  It kind of felt more old school than what they have been doing lately. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Felt very old school.  :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Felt very old school.  :metal

I hope it's not all like that.  I was enjoying the newer heavier style.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Schenker!

https://bravewords.com/news/michael-schenkers-michael-schenker-fest-to-release-resurrection-album-in-march-warrior-music-video-streaming

I like it. Probably going to be the only one. Schenker sounds great. So does Robin McCauley!! Wow!

I am so pumped to see them in March. I sure hope Graham Bonnet lives until then.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Schenker!

https://bravewords.com/news/michael-schenkers-michael-schenker-fest-to-release-resurrection-album-in-march-warrior-music-video-streaming

I like it. Probably going to be the only one. Schenker sounds great. So does Robin McCauley!! Wow!

I am so pumped to see them in March. I sure hope Graham Bonnet lives until then.

Pretty good.

Offline ozzy554

sounds pretty good to me. I'm not very familiar with MSG apart from assault attack but this makes me want to hear more of his stuff.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim, what's the heaviest thing Schenker has done?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tim, what's the heaviest thing Schenker has done?

Probably Assault Attack. It's a 1983 Martin Birch produced album with Graham Bonnet on vocals. It's easily his best sounding album. That's the 3rd of the first four original MSG albums.
After those he did the 3 albums with Robin McCauley, the second of which, Save Yourself is the heaviest of the three.

He would then continue to release albums throughout the 90's and 00's, most of which I find pretty mediocre. But the last two albums he has done with Doogie White are very good, Bridge The Gap and Spirit On A Mission. Bridge The Gap is awesome, I must say.

I would also recommend Adventures Of The Imagination (2000). It's an instrumental album but very cool.

The thing about Schenker is that he never takes on the guitar hero persona. He's more interested in writing songs than showing off, which I truly feel is a disservice.

sounds pretty good to me. I'm not very familiar with MSG apart from assault attack but this makes me want to hear more of his stuff.

Gonna assume you're familiar with his UFO output.

I would highly recommend MSG, from 1981. It is the 2nd MSG album, and personally, it's one of the most important albums to my musical life. features Cozy Powell on drums, and UFO's Paul Raymond. The vocalist is Gary Barden, who is also featured in the new video.

ozzy554, he's playing at Berklee in March.

Offline Lowdz

Enjoyed it. They even managed to make Barden sound ok, which takes some doing. He was terrible on the Scehker fest dvd.

McAuley is awesome, as always and tbh I’d be happier if he sang the whole thing. Bonnet and Dougie do fine though. Just leave Barden at home for the tour.

Offline ozzy554

Gonna assume you're familiar with his UFO output.

I would highly recommend MSG, from 1981. It is the 2nd MSG album, and personally, it's one of the most important albums to my musical life. features Cozy Powell on drums, and UFO's Paul Raymond. The vocalist is Gary Barden, who is also featured in the new video.

ozzy554, he's playing at Berklee in March.

You Had me at Cozy Powell.

and of course it's in march. All the bands I currently want to see are coming in march for some reason lol.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought AA might have been the heaviest.  Those later ones with Doogie sound like something I'd be interested in also.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
What's this thread doing off the first page?  ;D

I think I know someone who will be drooling over this........

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

It's cuz of Kev's self-indulgent polls.  :lol

Parama?

:rollin
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Let's take a poll on why this thread was off page 1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I am the pawn in that prophecy!

Is this out yet??

Is there an actual drummer on this one? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Michael Romeo "drumming" again and release date is 26th January.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Michael Romeo "drumming" again and release date is 26th January.

He used a drum machine on the first album?  Is that what I'm reading?  :lol Get your ass back on the geetar matey!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I think this is the second live dvd in a row that Anthrax released that wasn't issued on cd.  I rarely buy dvd's, but would've got the cd version of this one.  Cool album cover.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://bravewords.com/news/anthrax-kings-among-scotland-live-dvd-confirmed-for-april-release

Looks cool.

Cover art a tribute to Kiss.

I really like For All Kings but not much else from Anthrax gets me going like this does, so this will be a perfect release for me to try and get into them even more.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
For All Kings is awesome!!

Yeah, JJ, I wish there was a CD.

Offline Lowdz

I see Warren Dale has died of a heart attack. RIP

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh WOW!

Offline ozzy554

Damn. I know he wasn't looking too good recently but I wasn't expecting this. I'm more of a fan of his work with Sanctuary than Nevermore but there's no denying the man had a unique sound to him. R.I.P
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
sad news

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I know who you mean Paul  ;)

Sad to hear this - another key voice from my childhood gone.  I was never big into Nevermore but did have some Sanctuary.   I will feature something from the recent demo album in the Best of 2017 show.

RIP.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy shit!  WTF?!!  Oh man, I am a huge Nevermore fan so this has hit me for a six.  What the hell, 48!?  OMG!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Given my age vs his (surely has to be greater than 4-5 years) I very much doubt he was only 48yo Kade.   I know that's what is being reported but I just have a feeling it's wrong.

That would make him 16 or 17 when Sanctuary released their demo in 1986.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:16:02 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
and 17 or 18 when I saw Sanctuary in 1988.  ;D

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Given my age vs his (surely has to be greater than 4-5 years) I very much doubt he was only 48yo Kade.   I know that's what is being reported but I just have a feeling it's wrong.

That would make him 16 or 17 when Sanctuary released their demo in 1986.

That thought did go through my head as he formed Sanctuary in what 84, 85?!  But yeah, given the shocking news, I didn't think much more of it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wiki has his birth year as 61, making him 56 which seems right.  Still so damn young though.

Weird how 48 is written in the reports.