Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 906891 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Anyone listened to Icefish?   Seriously bored me to tears........mostly prog for progs sake.   I would take Sons of Apollo any day and I wasn't rapt in that.

Another positive new release review from your resident party pooper  ;D  I am saving the good ones for a podcast :lol

I did the preorder but I haven’t downloaded it yet. Heard the two tracks on YouTube and thought it sounded ok. I’d be very surprised if it was better than SoA as that’s up there vying for Alb7mof the Year.

Not sure what was on Youtube but the only tracks that survived the Skip button for me were It Begins and Human Hardware. 
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline gazinwales

I looked at the price of the two Evergrey re-issues, and at $37.99 and roughly the same from Amazon, no thanks.
I think it's AFM wholesale price is higher than most if not the highest, hence high retail prices.
New Japan releases are cheaper than that, says it all.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Evergrey reissues?

EDIT:  Just goggled them.  I have SDT so probably won't get that, but I don't have a physical copy of the Dark Discovery, so that might be worth it.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gazinwales

Yeah DD has been OOP for a long time and goes for silly prices on ebay.
I only have a CDR, so I am looking to upgrade but not at those prices.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah DD has been OOP for a long time and goes for silly prices on ebay.
I only have a CDR, so I am looking to upgrade but not at those prices.

I have the last SDT reissue that was put out.  I think it's a reissue anyway, have to have a look.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I really enjoyed the Victorius album from earlier this year so this caught my eye:

https://bravewords.com/news/victorius-to-release-new-ep-in-january-first-details-revealed

"Jurassic power metal. I bet you haven't heard about this before... but don't fret, Victorius are here to show you what this is about - on their upcoming EP, entitled Dinosaur Warfare - Legend Of The Power Saurus, which will be released on January 26th via Massacre Records.

You'll find all of Victorius' trademarks - a catchy and varied songwriting, the unique voice of front man David Baßin and a plethora of up-tempo power metal smashers - on this EP. The guitars deliver melodies galore, and the drums and bass hit the pedal to the metal from the very first until the last minute.

Dinosaur Warfare - Legend Of The Power Saurus was produced and mixed by Lars Rettkowitz at KR Music Studio, and mastered by Ronny Milianowicz at StudioSeven (Scanner, Eternal Fear, Lancer, etc.). The artwork was created by Stan-W Decker, who already worked for bands like Kissin' Dynamite, Masterplan and Serious Black."

Legend Of The Power Saurus??

WTF?? :rollin
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:27:13 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Wrong thread. Take that cheese and put it where it belongs.  :D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The only thing missing from that cover is an evil duck.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

From the write up it sounds like everything I hate about power metal 😀

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The only thing missing from that cover is an evil duck.

Are you kidding?  Dinosaurs don't stand a chance against a duck.

Offline Lowdz

A few soconds of the new Priest, sounds impressive. Bit of a waste of time but has made me more interested in it tbh so job done 😀

https://youtu.be/hMYmvJtsy6s

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Even though its only 16 seconds of music, it's Priest and it's awesome!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I find it hard to make any call based on them singing the album title over and over but doesn't put me off at all  :)   It seems to have a good production and Rob sounds in good shape.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:07:52 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sounded kind of cheesy TBH.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sounded kind of cheesy TBH.

Agreed - but pretty much what I was expecting from the title track.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I'm going to last I'm there just going back to basics and knocking Us in the balls. Sounds fine to me.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm going to last I'm there just going back to basics and knocking Us in the balls. Sounds fine to me.

:corn

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Joe bringing his fat finger firepower to the thread  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Stumpy Joe!! :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I find it hard to make any call based on them singing the album title over and over but doesn't put me off at all  :)   It seems to have a good production and Rob sounds in good shape.

At least we know with Sneap it will have a good strong sound.  That alone I'm sure will make this more enjoyable than ROS for me.  Sounds strong, classic and heavy, even if it is a bit cheesy and generic, but I'll take it.

Offline Lowdz

Joe bringing his fat finger firepower to the thread  :metal

Hey that’s my job in this thread  >:(

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
We can take fat finger firepower from all angles Paul, you're all good.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Primal Fear album will be called Apocalypse and released mid next year.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

:metal

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

:metal

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What are there, like 8 guys in the band now?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Nobody joined this year so that's why they called the album Apocalypse.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

WTF Brent?  :rollin

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

WTF Brent?  :rollin

Just me being stupid/sarcastic - Tim was talking as if they had a new member join every 5 mins

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I know you were being silly, just made me laugh.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Saxon!!

https://bravewords.com/news/saxon-premier-thunderbolt-music-video

:metal :metal

Not sure about the chorus, but otherwise very cool.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Saxon!!

https://bravewords.com/news/saxon-premier-thunderbolt-music-video

:metal :metal

Not sure about the chorus, but otherwise very cool.

Didn't mind it but very "by the numbers" IMO.   I enjoyed Battering Ram so hoping for another good one.  This song doesn't fill me with anticipation.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think with bands like Accept, AC/DC, and Saxon, you pretty much know what you're going to get. My anticipation would now sway either way on an advanced track. Saxon is an automatic buy for me so it wouldn't matter anyway.

Apart from the chorus, I liked everything about that track.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni