Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 906730 times)

Offline Lowdz

Anyone tried this? Got it playing on Spotify and enjoying it a lot. Big 80s metal vibe. Sounds like a band but there’s variety in the songs. Don’t know anything about them yet.
Worth a go.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Totally 80's man.

Dokken/Bon Jovi....

Sounds decent enough.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not sure if you read my post in the chat thread about movies, but ironically enough, My Cousin Vinnie is one movie that I totally ignored, but was a favorites of my wife's. We've probably watched this movie a hundred times. It's funny, we can be with friends and then someone will say something, and my wife and I will go right in MCV mode. And they're like WTF?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Not sure if you read my post in the chat thread about movies, but ironically enough, My Cousin Vinnie is one movie that I totally ignored, but was a favorites of my wife's. We've probably watched this movie a hundred times. It's funny, we can be with friends and then someone will say something, and my wife and I will go right in MCV mode. And they're like WTF?

Any movie with Marissa Tomeii in it is always worth watching 😍

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

New Starbreaker album in 2018. Fingers crossed for a great one.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Fingers crossed they actually follow thru this time.  They announced one for Jan of 2017 over a year ago, but then Magnus silently moved to do The Ferrymen instead.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Fingers crossed they actually follow thru this time.  They announced one for Jan of 2017 over a year ago, but then Magnus silently moved to do The Ferrymen instead.

Well TNT got back together and have now split again for the 5000th time.

Hence Starbreaker back as more of a priority from Harnell's side too.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I heard the talk but must have missed that they did announce something.  As Brent said, this should happen now Harnell has free time.

Wolfking needs to start The Not For Pussies Growl Thread.

I'm thinking about it, and there will be no Tim's allowed.

Do not sully this thread with your growls nonsense 😖😖😖😖

😜

In all seriousness, it started off like any power metal band out there and then the growls started and sounded very out of place and camp. Turned it off after two lines of the vocals. Sorry Kade.

You don't need to apologise, I didn't expect anyone to actually like it haha.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Ben has a new favourite metal song folks .  Surprised me big time but one of my all time faves too.  When asked to rate it out of 10 he said "twenty"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fl7yNIPlGM
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ben has a new favourite metal song folks .  Surprised me big time but one of my all time faves too.  When asked to rate it out of 10 he said "twenty"

Fuck yeah!  :hefdaddy

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Ben has the best taste on this forum!

:metal :metal
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Ben has the best taste on this forum!

:metal :metal

Hard to argue with that!

Offline Lowdz

Fuck yeah!  :hefdaddy

Good call young Ben  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So The Sentinel will kick off the next podcast?  :metal

Can't remember if I ever posted this pic but I was going through old pics on my phone.

This pic was taken 3 years ago.

This is David Hull. David played on the first two Joe Perry Project albums, which I love. He also toured in Ted Nugent's band back in the day, as well as filling in on a number of Aerosmith tours for Tom Hamilton.

One of the things he does now is play acoustically for various groups. This picture is actually taken where my wife works. It's an assisted living facility. My wife has hired him a number of times to come down and perform for the fogeys. He does sing alongs and that sort of thing.

Anyway, he was real cool. We talked about the Joe Perry days, mainly. I've Got The Rock n Rolls Again is a TAC Top 50 album. We talked a lot about the recording of that album.

About 10 years ago, in the same place, walking down the hall with my wife to have lunch, we ran into Steven Tyler, who was visiting an aunt and uncle.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
GREAT pic, Tim. Very cool.

I'm hoping for some updated pics with the Fates Warning guys in January when I get to see them twice.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
GREAT pic, Tim. Very cool.

I'm hoping for some updated pics with the Fates Warning guys in January when I get to see them twice.

That'd be cool. Definitely post. I had to settle for an over the shoulder in selfie mode shot. :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
First of all, I love Gary Moore.

Some interesting comments here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giw4-5hh9cw

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool Tim - I love Gary and Randy  :metal  :hefdaddy

So The Sentinel will kick off the next podcast?  :metal

No because another podcast has been in the can for a while.  Just waiting for the TAC Steam Powered Roulette to finish and put you out of your misery  ;D

I played The Sentinel on one of the very first podcasts.  i LOVE that song  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
First of all, I love Gary Moore.

Some interesting comments here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giw4-5hh9cw

Both incredible guitar players.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just waiting for the TAC Steam Powered Roulette to finish and put you out of your misery  ;D
:lol

It'll be over tomorrow. Unless there's a tie..

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just waiting for the TAC Steam Powered Roulette to finish and put you out of your misery  ;D

I hope there's a tie.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
From what I have heard of this Soto/Portnoy thingy  ;)  .....................solid  ;D     The proggy sections mostly detract IMO.

Just read your comments on Sons of Apollo Kade.........I think we agree.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I hope there's a tie.

Only one way to decide a tie. A Steamer Giraffe medley round

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I hope there's a tie.

It would be steamy alright.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
A major steamer

Offline Lowdz

From what I have heard of this Soto/Portnoy thingy  ;)  .....................solid  ;D     The proggy sections mostly detract IMO.

Just read your comments on Sons of Apollo Kade.........I think we agree.

Early thoughts are it’s pretty damn good. First JSS thing I’ve heard in years I like. Bumble is a beast, MP is MP and Sherinian is awesome when he keeps his mouth shut.

Really liking it. Played it three times over today.Even Sheehan fits, which he often doesn’t.

Shame they talked it up as redefining prog metal or some bollocks like that as it’s a damn fine metal album with a shitload of shredding but doesn’t redefine anything.

Really conflicted now as I didn’t wan5 to give MP and Sherinian my money...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
For the most part, I enjoyed it.  Until the last track, it was a good wank-fest, without being TOO wanky.  Although, it sounds like Derek is living in Lined of the Sand - holy crap, give us a little bit more than that sound dude.  Maybe learn to work an iPad or something.   :lol

It'll get some replay value, but not a lot.

Offline Lowdz

I enjoyed the familiar sound of it. Like FII with better metal songs, but yeah, he overuses that sound. That’s wha5 happens when you do an MP project and bash it out in a few days - no time to experiment with sounds.

I’m always a sucker for that Eastern sound and they use it a bit too.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Honestly, I am not.

For the most part, I enjoyed it.  Until the last track, it was a good wank-fest, without being TOO wanky.  Although, it sounds like Derek is living in Lined of the Sand - holy crap, give us a little bit more than that sound dude.  Maybe learn to work an iPad or something.   :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I hope there's a tie.

It would be steamy alright.

You guys! :rollin

Offline Lowdz

Honestly, I am not.

It’s the Blackmore fan in me 🤘