Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907028 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
https://youtu.be/HNsFSimANzM

New Europe track from the album due in October. Caught me by surprise whilst scouring YouTube. A Zep vibe going on. It's ok on first listen, but a slow paced stomper.

This statement alone makes me want to not even click the lick.

Well played.  :clap:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/MN5bWwkeWAo

New Nocturnal Rites. I like it. Cool solo section too.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!

New Europe track from the album due in October. Caught me by surprise whilst scouring YouTube. A Zep vibe going on. It's ok on first listen, but a slow paced stomper.

I dug it.  I liked their last album, War Of Kings.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lowdz

I dug it.  I liked their last album, War Of Kings.

They've been a bit hit and miss for me since reforming but War Of Kings was excellent.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Sounds a lot like later In Flames to me in the music, which is sweet with me.  This album is sounding promising.

Per Nilsson is an absolute master!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

Sounds a lot like later In Flames to me in the music, which is sweet with me.  This album is sounding promising.

Per Nilsson is an absolute master!

I want to like In Flames and we know why I don't. I can't believe something so beautiful can make a sound so ugly 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New PC69 album on the 10th of Nov.

Offline Lowdz

New PC69 album on the 10th of Nov.

Please tell me Del Vechio hasn't been anywhere near it?
It's always a pleasure to hear David Redman though.

And Brent, how was th Kee of a Hearts? There's even a big cheesy smile on the bloody cover. Is it a cheesy smile concept album? 😀

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

And Brent, how was th Kee of a Hearts?

It's O-Kee   :neverusethis:   Keepin' it cheesy.  ;)

Unfortunately you have already heard the best couple of tracks (the opening two).  The rest is pretty much a  DelVecchio special with the added attraction of one of my favourite singers and favourite guitarists.  Those two guys elevate it above the standard Frontiers drivel but only just.

Rating 83%  (which is about as high as most stuff I have heard lately with only a couple of exceptions).

I do hope they take it forward and put a bit more time into creating something with some more original ideas.   Tommy and Kee do sound very good together and it's cool to hear Kee returning to this more melodic style .
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New PC69 track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAzAbCdDtoQ

Yeah, not bad, I guess.  Nothing new here though, of course.  Readman sounds great as usual.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

And Brent, how was th Kee of a Hearts?

It's O-Kee   :neverusethis:   Keepin' it cheesy.  ;)

Unfortunately you have already heard the best couple of tracks (the opening two).  The rest is pretty much a  DelVecchio special with the added attraction of one of my favourite singers and favourite guitarists.  Those two guys elevate it above the standard Frontiers drivel but only just.

Rating 83%  (which is about as high as most stuff I have heard lately with only a couple of exceptions).

I do hope they take it forward and put a bit more time into creating something with some more original ideas.   Tommy and Kee do sound very good together and it's cool to hear Kee returning to this more melodic style .

I fucking knew this would be the case.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Dunno if this has been posted but a new JSS track;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlcU-Jqsh4

This is actually really cool and a step up from the Soto band he was doing.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah - heard that the other day.  That's about the right style for his voice these days.  Nothing too original but it rocks - hopefully Howie Simon can come up from some cool ,fresh material after a break from working with JSS.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah - heard that the other day.  That's about the right style for his voice these days.  Nothing too original but it rocks - hopefully Howie Simon can come up from some cool ,fresh material after a break from working with JSS.

It was a nice surprise to see his name back in this band working with JSS again.

Offline Lowdz

It was a nice surprise to see his name back in this band working with JSS again.

He released a ballad from it yesterday, Song For Joey, about his brother who has been in a coma since the start of the year. Nice song, great vocal. Hoping for a good album from him because it's been a long time since he did anything that interested me.
That first track is only ok. Didn't set my world alight.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, that's terrible news about his brother.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Just tried the new album from Adagio and had to quit after a few songs.   Too smart by half - just a mess of power, prog and ahhhhhh.................djent.  Kelly Carpenter seems unable to find a band that can harness his talents and produce something decent.

Next in the big 2017 catch up - Iced Earth.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just tried the new album from Adagio
First thing I thought of:

The Iced Earth is pretty um...solid.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The Iced Earth is pretty um...solid.

After the first two tracks I would go with that.

Or "The Iced Earth is pretty..........Iced Earth"

All very familiar but doubt I will need to skip much.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Seems a bit more straightforward. I like that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The Iced Earth was really good.  Great solos for once, Stu sounds decent enough and it's very straightforward and not much filler.  It's just not bloated with stuff you have to skip through, it's a really strong album IMO.

Just tried the new album from Adagio and had to quit after a few songs.   Too smart by half - just a mess of power, prog and ahhhhhh.................djent.  Kelly Carpenter seems unable to find a band that can harness his talents and produce something decent.

I sampled a song on youtube a few weeks back and didn't make it through the whole song.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Seems a bit more straightforward.

it's very straightforward 

Hmm..you don't say?  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Seems a bit more straightforward.

it's very straightforward 

Hmm..you don't say?  ;D

So.......that new Iced Earth is pretty solid and straightforward, huh?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's solidly straightforward.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent, I'm listening to Labyrinth of Dreams and I seem to go to youtube and play the whole thing quite often.  What a fabulous album, thank you!

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Kelly Carpenter seems unable to find a band that can harness his talents and produce something decent.

Tell me about it.  What he sings is either f'n awesome, or tripe - all depends on who's writing behind it.  I'm such a fan of his voice, but far too often he's handed a sack full of shit.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Coming November  :metal     Apparently quite a bit heavier than the debut

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm up for that one.  Especially if it's heavier!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I found the last one to be hugely DTF overrated.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Stop giving 8's to Sacul/Zantera music and I will give your opinions on over-weighting some weight   ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Stop giving 8's to Sacul/Zantera music and I will give your opinions on over-weighting some weight   ;D

:lol

Wait till the Round 2 scores!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Coming November  :metal     Apparently quite a bit heavier than the debut

:2metal: