Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907353 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Luckily, I need a reason to get 'into' Edguy.  I only have Space Police and Rocket Ride, so this package is something that appeals to me.

Unluckily, I'm unemployed and really should be watching where I spend my money.

phsaw.

The tracklist is actually really shit and not a good representation of their best IMO.  Get Mandrake and Hellfire Club, then Savage Poetry and Theater of Salvation.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cfmoran13

Interesting read.

https://bravewords.com/news/quiet-riot-drummer-frankie-banali-claims-he-created-opening-drum-pattern-in-ozzy-osbourne-s-over-the-mountain
The guy's a good drummer (I really like what he did with W.A.S.P.).  But, the more I hear and see of this guy, the more he really comes off like a tool.  At this point, he's really just pissing on Kevin DuBrow's grave with what he's doing with Quiet Riot.  Apparently, he's not good enough to have latched on somewhere else in the 10 years since DuBrow died.  He has to continue this revolving door of singers.  It's not quite as bad as Bobby Blotzer's Ratt.  But, it's not too far off.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Luckily, I need a reason to get 'into' Edguy.  I only have Space Police and Rocket Ride, so this package is something that appeals to me.

phsaw.

The tracklist is actually really shit and not a good representation of their best IMO.  Get Mandrake and Hellfire Club, then Savage Poetry and Theater of Salvation.

Usually if I'm getting into a band, I will go for a live album. Burning Down The Opera is pretty good. It came between Mandrake and Hellfire Club.

I prefer THE Savage Poetry, which is an upgrade over Savage Poetry.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
   At this point, he's really just pissing on Kevin DuBrow's grave with what he's doing with Quiet Riot.  Apparently, he's not good enough to have latched on somewhere else in the 10 years since DuBrow died.  He has to continue this revolving door of singers.   

Apparently he's got a dude from f'n American Idol now on the new album. ONLY because I was glued to my couch for a few days, I checked the two tracks that Bravewords posted. Holy shit what suckage!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

phsaw.

Usually if I'm getting into a band, I will go for a live album. Burning Down The Opera is pretty good. It came between Mandrake and Hellfire Club.

Good call, that live album is excellent.  Yeah, of course I meant the re-recorded Savage Poetry.  The original is bloody hilarious!!

Offline cfmoran13

At this point, he's really just pissing on Kevin DuBrow's grave with what he's doing with Quiet Riot.  Apparently, he's not good enough to have latched on somewhere else in the 10 years since DuBrow died.  He has to continue this revolving door of singers.   

Apparently he's got a dude from f'n American Idol now on the new album. ONLY because I was glued to my couch for a few days, I checked the two tracks that Bravewords posted. Holy shit what suckage!
Yeah, he replaced this guy Seann Nichols who was there for 10 seconds, but long enough to record an entire album.  Then, QR and Nichols split and Banali shit all over him in the press.  Now, both sides are re-recording the material their own way.  Nichols' versions of the two songs I've heard sound better than (but still not great) QR's versions.  Ironically, Nichols is now the singer in BB's Ratt.  And, regardless of who's version you're listening to, the new material just isn't QR.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Thank God I stopped listening to Quiet Riot and Ratt in 1985. They sucked then and I can't imagine WTF they must sound like now.

Offline cfmoran13

Thank God I stopped listening to Quiet Riot and Ratt in 1985. They sucked then and I can't imagine WTF they must sound like now.
As far as Ratt goes, the other guys are back together (with Carlos Cavazo in place of Robin Crosby) and touring.  Apparently, they won the name in court, which is why BB's Ratt hasn't been seen or heard from in months.

Offline Lowdz

As far as Ratt goes, the other guys are back together (with Carlos Cavazo in place of Robin Crosby) and touring.  Apparently, they won the name in court, which is why BB's Ratt hasn't been seen or heard from in months.

RATT were great back in the day, and I have a soft spot for the s/t from a few years ago. Pearcy has a shit voice but it's ok on their albums.

I was never into QR at all, couldn't see what the fuss was about. You should never be allowed to get famous on the back of a cover version until you've had hits of your own. They should make a rule 😀

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

RATT were great back in the day, and I have a soft spot for the s/t from a few years ago. Pearcy has a shit voice but it's ok on their albums.

I was on them from the beginning. Their singer truly held them back. After the first album, I literally couldn't listen to him/them.

Offline Lowdz

I was on them from the beginning. Their singer truly held them back. After the first album, I literally couldn't listen to him/them.

They certainly succeeded in spite of him, rather than because of him. I saw him live at Monsters of a Rock in 84 and he was pitiful. Saw them a few more times and he wasn't any better.
I loved their guitar tones though. And Di Martini was great. He was, however, surprisingly shit in Whitesnake when I thought he would have been perfect.

Offline Lowdz

phsaw.

Good call, that live album is excellent.  Yeah, of course I meant the re-recorded Savage Poetry.  The original is bloody hilarious!!

I was very disappointed with the track list. Too many rom the latest album, nearly all of the Superheroes ep (though I do like those tracks). It has arrived but not played the DVD yet. Cricket has been on 😀

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

I was very disappointed with the track list. Too many rom the latest album, nearly all of the Superheroes ep (though I do like those tracks). It has arrived but not played the DVD yet. Cricket has been on 😀

Alright you fuckers... then give me what should be the double-CD "best of" Edguy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Burning Down The Opera.

Honestly, I haven't cared for much that came after. I totally skipped Space Police which I'm told was pretty good.

Offline Lowdz

The first disc and a half of the Hall of Flames compo and the Rocket Ride and Hellfire Club albums would be a start.

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/NlEcM53kj_I

New Alice. Only heard the first 20 seconds but I like it so far 😀

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://youtu.be/NlEcM53kj_I

New Alice. Only heard the first 20 seconds but I like it so far 😀

Not sure why, but when I saw that a track was released today, I thought it was the same song he released a while back.

I like this too. Based on the first two tracks, this album is already a big improvement over the last few.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm not feeling these new Alice Cooper tracks at all

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Alright you fuckers... then give me what should be the double-CD "best of" Edguy.

Challenge accepted fucker!  I have a couple of hours doing nothing right now so I'll be back in an hour.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another pointless song from this new Masterplan release;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXl7zC4XtFk

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, here's a best of 2cd Edguy compilation.  Put some of the hits in there but it's pretty self indulgent but whatever;

Edguy - The Savage Tears of the Eyes of a Tyrant - Best of

CD1;

1. Mysteria
2. The Piper Never Dies
3. Golden Dawn
4. Key to my Fate
5. The Headless Game
6. King of Fools
7. Wasted Time
8. Land of the Miracle
9. Ministry of Saints
10. Out of Control
11. Eyes of the Tyrant
12. 9-2-9
13. Space Police

Running Time - 78 minutes

CD2;

1. Sabre & Torch
2. Babylon
3. Superheroes
4. Hallowed
5. Nailed to the Wheel
6. The Pharaoh
7. Walk on Fighting
8. Misguiding Your Life
9. The Unbeliever
10. Holy Water
11. The Savage Union
12. Down to the Devil
13. Under the Moon
14. Tears of A Mandrake

Running time - 78 minutes

That'll do.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Fantastic.  Created my Spotify playlist, and will be spinning later today/tomorrow. 

I find this to be an excellent way of discovering a band - rather than try to work through a the discog of a band that was (as I like to say) off my radar - especially when its 5+ albums to try and sift through.  Brent helped me out with Tad Morose and Talisman a while back.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool stuff Chad.

I'd like to know what you other Edguyheads think of my compilation.

Offline Lowdz

Cool stuff Chad.

Not much wrong with that at first glance.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Cool stuff Chad.

Not much wrong with that at first glance listen.

fix'd.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

Played the new Edguy songs on the new album, enjoyed them. Still not watched the DVD but I don't think the cricket will last all day tomorrow so may get a chance then 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Played the new Edguy songs on the new album, enjoyed them. Still not watched the DVD but I don't think the cricket will last all day tomorrow so may get a chance then 😀

Looks like this release got pushed back a week down here.

Cool stuff Chad.

Not much wrong with that at first glance listen.

fix'd.

Glad you are enjoying them.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Piss off Vince you fat fuck. 

I find this quite offensive - "full figured fuck" would be more sensitive Kade.

I have missed you guys  :lol

Doesn't seem that I have missed any major DTF happenings in recent weeks - should be up to date by mid week in terms of anything in this thread , PMs etc...
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Slim challenged fuck!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of slim challenged , but with more class than Vince has in his little finger...........

Steve Grimmett out there and rockin it barely six months after losing a leg and almost dying - and sounding pretty good doing it :hefdaddy

https://youtu.be/ZzIV1_r7LBk
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, I saw that. You can't say that he's not a trooper.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Finally the Brent has come back to the Official Hard Rock/Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabillia Thread!