Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 906726 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
When I was out yesterday I went to a couple of cd stores and managed to find copies of the Lancer, Night Flight Orchestra and the Fates Warning Awaken the Guardian, stoked.  Got the new Between the Buried and Me CD/DVD but that won't interest anyone here.

I also saw the new Adrenaline Mob, but that one stayed on the shelves.  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Accept!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvyVuvbm1Sc

Pretty standard stuff from them, which of course means  :metal

The instrumental section is  :hefdaddy
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Standard Acept indeed, but certainly doesn't disappoint.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
When I was out yesterday I went to a couple of cd stores and managed to find copies of the Lancer, Night Flight Orchestra and the Fates Warning Awaken the Guardian, stoked.  Got the new Between the Buried and Me CD/DVD but that won't interest anyone here.

I also saw the new Adrenaline Mob, but that one stayed on the shelves.  ;D

It would be nice to still have cd stores around lol

And a paint by the numbers Accept song is still a paint by the numbers ass kicker!  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That Nightflight Orchestra album was fucking amazing.  Not at all what I would've expected, but loved every minute of it.  Absolutely zero 'samey-ness' that so many records suffer from nowadays.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That Nightflight Orchestra album was fucking amazing.  Not at all what I would've expected, but loved every minute of it.  Absolutely zero 'samey-ness' that so many records suffer from nowadays.

After one listen, this is what I noticed the most too, lots of variety.  Solid album.  Amazing to think that the singer here is the same singer here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-deRh1VGYA

:metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I really liked what I've heard from that Nightflight Orchestra

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Jay... I'm gonna pull a Wayne's World here, and give you a no honk guarantee if you pick it up.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I liked the first couple NFO tracks linked, but I did not like the last one.

But man, they have that 80's sound down.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I liked the first couple NFO tracks linked, but I did not like the last one.

But man, they have that 80's sound down.

Spin the album Tim, it's on Spotify

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Jay... I'm gonna pull a Wayne's World here, and give you a no honk guarantee if you pick it up.

Asphinctersayswhat? 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Asphinctersayswhat?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Primal Fear Angels of Mercy is an excellent live album and Ralph is sounding just as good as ever on this one. I think they should have included a couple more tracks from DTB though. But a great set list overall!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Primal Fear Angels of Mercy is an excellent live album and Ralph is sounding just as good as ever on this one. I think they should have included a couple more tracks from DTB though. But a great set list overall!

Good shit j.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This Night Flight Orchestra is fucking amazing.  Didn't think I'd like this one as much as I do, fabulous album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol What a pleasent surprise at the mention of the band that gave inspiration of the first section of the podcast.  Brent we salute you.

Didn't like much of that Warrior besides the one with Rob Rock, which J gave me a song from them with Rob Rock in the roulette which I really enjoyed too.  Not sure both songs are from the same album, but good shit.

Oh, Sole Survivor and Hanger 18.  WIN!  :metal

Oh shit, top 3 Savatage song right now!!!!!  Could even be my fav.

What a fantastic underrated Priest track!

The Alter, fuck yes, love that album.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:04:22 AM by wolfking »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That Riot V was awesome.

Offline Lowdz

Just played the new Warrant and really enjoyed it. At least they sound like a band. Pretty straight forward hard rock but I love Robert Mason's voice.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I couldn't get through the title track.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just figured I would mention this as you guys would be the only ones who would appreciate this.  I just finished listening to every song on my ipod, which had around 8,000 songs.  It took me just over three years to do it, almost daily, but that was a lot of rock!!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice Jay.  That deserves a

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
lol  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It was also a lot of "Best of" albums!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Just figured I would mention this as you guys would be the only ones who would appreciate this.  I just finished listening to every song on my ipod, which had around 8,000 songs.  It took me just over three years to do it, almost daily, but that was a lot of rock!!

That's fuckin awesome!  But it's deserving of a triple WHOO!

How did you keep track of it?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I just put it on shuffle and three years later I was rocked out to the max!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Ya know, you should've saved this for your 10,000th post.  THAT would have been epic.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Ya know, you should've saved this for your 10,000th post.  THAT would have been epic.

I'm still tossing and turning at night debating whether post 10,000 should go in the hard rock/classic metal thread or make my debut in the rap/hip hop thread

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Truly any other genre of music in the world besides rock/metal, my contributions would be legitimately zero lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, it'd be at least 100 x that! ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
With your 10,000th post you should start The Official Hip Hop , Trip Hop , Shoegazing, Post Metal, Jazzy Ambient Avantgarde , Zantera/Sacul Music , Growly , Krautrock, Goregrind  Ska Punk, Neo Grunge  BEATDOWN thread  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Well if I post in the rap/hip hop thread I can mention that I've heard of Tone Loc, MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice. Will that go over well in the rap thread?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I can contribute too Jay.  I've seen LL Cool J on NCIS L.A............does that count?

Starting on Jorn's album finally...........just getting towards the end of the opener (title track) .   I was a bit underwhelmed by the riff but by the end of the song (with kudos to the extended solo section) I was on board and looking forward to what's coming.   

The only issue I have to this point is that Jorn seems a bit low in the mix on that opener (and his voice does seem to have lost a bit IMO )  which is weird for a vocal solo album.

Second song seems a bit better with the mix.

Glad he seems to have lost his addiction to plodding songs.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 10:30:26 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au