Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908578 times)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good to see some love for the Firewind, good stuff.

And yes, one of the slowest starts to the year I can remember!

Oh and new Dream Evil on May 26th!!  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The ADSL is bearable for basic browsing but even with that it can slow down and become painful.  What I didn't realise until I did these podcasts (never uploaded much before) is that on such a slow connection uploading makes browsing impossible.   Apparently the little packets that you would normally send back to a website etc......that allow you to browse don't make it through when the channel is flooded with a big mp3 upload , so the only time I can upload is when I'm not browsing which is almost never :lol

Will use that mobile connection .   I should use it more - only trouble is that I have been known to forget to turn it off and then cop a whopping bill when my overnight cloud backup goes through on that connection and blows my data allowance  :omg:

In this slow year I already have checked out hundreds of albums and have >40 in my spreadsheet rated >75% so if this is slow I'm happy to keep it slow :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
You could always set a reminder alarm on your phone to turn the hotspot off.   ;D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I am useless with phones - mine's flat most of the time.     The device I am referring to is a mobile broadband modem that runs on a different (faster) spectrum to my phone - awesome connection but mega expensive data.  I could set an alarm somewhere but I don't trust myself to do that every time after the bill I copped :lol    They should prompt you to buy extra data but this thing just sends you messages all day - you've been charged a squillion for extra data every 1GB
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
In this slow year I already have checked out hundreds of albums

Fucking hell.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I think I might be up to about 15 albums or so this year? Pretty thin, and nothing that's really blown me away yet either.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I got two records of 2017, Pain Of Salvation (great) and Thunder (not sure what to think but growing steadily). And maybe for or five records from previous years.

I just don't have the time to listen to that many records any more  :yeahright
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This 2017 TAComendation is for Chad. I know he likes his female vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-G464I9Ul0
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:07:39 AM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm on it.  Will report back later.  I'm on a day of musical discovery.  Batting 2 for 4 so far:

Stamina/System of Power - Prog/Power Metal.  Lots of diversity hear.  I think ya'll would like.
Age of Reflection / In the Heat of the Night - Melodic Rock... but not Frontiers sounding.  Enjoying so far.

Couple others that didn't work.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The track I linked is probably the heaviest and busiest. The album is on Spotify.

Stamina/System of Power - Prog/Power Metal.  Lots of diversity hear.

This is very cool. Reminds me a bit of Darkwater.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That's spooky Chad - I was listening to Stamina yesterday too.  I have all their stuff............they've never released an album that totally nails it but they do have a unique vibe as their songs are often pretty standard melodic rock/metal but then they throw in something jazzy etc.......the musicianship is often on another level vs the otherwise basic song structure.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Goddamned I'm hyped for the Wolfpakk album next month:

It's time for the fourth installment of WOLFPAKK, the melodic metal allstar project led by Mark Sweeney (ex-Crystal Ball) and Michael Voss (Mad Max, Michael Schenker). Once again the two experienced musicians have gathered a pack of "guest wolves" to refine the 11 new songs which will be featured on "Wolves Reign" (release date: April 28 2017). Among the 26 guests are:
Biff Byford (Saxon), Georges Lynch (Dokken), Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy Osbourne), Ronnie Atkins (Pretty Maids), Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy Osbourne), Tony Harnell (TNT), Chris Holmes (W.A.S.P.), Oliver Hartmann (Avantasia), Timo Somers (Delain), Brad Gillis (Night Ranger), Pasi Rantanen (Thunderstone), Danny Vaughn (Tyketto), Michael Vescera (Yngwie Malmsteen), just to name a few.

Rudy is so awesome, they had to mention him twice!   :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
wow, thats a loaded lineup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hopefully Chris Holmes is only there to set up George Lynch's equipment.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have never heard a single song from this project.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have never heard a single song from this project.

Solid :lol

Very few of these sorts of projects live up to the names involved.  The main man behind it is Michael Voss.    I have the 2015 release (similar sort of lineup) and it's okay.  Don't tell Tim but Kiske was on it .

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I believe I may have checked it out because of that. I think Chad may have sent me the track on Spotify. Actually, yes, he did.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
All three albums are top notch.  Lots of household names - at least, household names in 'our' neighbourhood

One the first (Wolpakk) - JSS, Boals (and his rug), Rob Rock, Ripper, Di'Anno, Tony Martin.  The female vocalist is an unknown, but sounds awesome
On the second (Cry Wolf) - Somerville, Sheepers, Gioelli, Tony Mills, Doogie, and Blaze.
On the third (Rise of the Animal) - Kiske, Deris, Poley, JLT, Altzi, Dokken.

Can't believe you guys didn't know about this project.  You've missed out.  I'd rate Rise of the Animal the best, with the other two just slightly behind and tied for 2nd.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

This ain't bad.

Nope... it's fucking suh-weet!  Thanks for the rec'n Tim

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
All three albums are top notch.  Lots of household names - at least, household names in 'our' neighbourhood

One the first (Wolpakk) - JSS, Boals (and his rug), Rob Rock, Ripper, Di'Anno, Tony Martin.  The female vocalist is an unknown, but sounds awesome
On the second (Cry Wolf) - Somerville, Sheepers, Gioelli, Tony Mills, Doogie, and Blaze.

Can't believe you guys didn't know about this project.  You've missed out.  I'd rate Rise of the Animal the best, with the other two just slightly behind and tied for 2nd.

Some great names there, will have to find time to have a listen.  I just don't seem to really give a shit about these star studded projects anymore, unless it's Avantasia.  They always just seem so disjointed, and the singers rarely get songs that are outstanding.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Some great names there, will have to find time to have a listen.  I just don't seem to really give a shit about these star studded projects anymore, unless it's Avantasia.  They always just seem so disjointed, and the singers rarely get songs that are outstanding.

Freefall would like to have a word with you.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Just got word from an inside source that a favorite 70s/80s rhythm guitarist's time is near and he likely will leave this world soon.  He and his family are not ready for a public announcement yet, so I will not mention names.  But just kinda bummed by the news.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Let me guess. Joey Alves. How did Dave survive them all? They all died so young.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Let me guess. Joey Alves. How did Dave survive them all? They all died so young.

That would be my assumption too - sad to hear if that's the case  :-[

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

☹️

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Freefall would like to have a word with you.

I don't include Magnus as he is just a given.  ;D

That's terrible if true.

Offline Lowdz

Those Wolfpakk albums are pretty good.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I checked out some of that Wolfpakk too.  They are tooo sweeeeeet (Chad will understand)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
This thread is for life.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
 :lol

12 tied bandanas down one leg of your ripped jeans mofos!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
....or Z Cavabiccis  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au