The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!

Started by bl5150, September 21, 2014, 04:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjrock88

wolfking

Quote from: BlobVanDam on February 19, 2017, 08:46:14 PM
Quote from: bl5150 on February 19, 2017, 08:43:10 PM
I would agree that there's nothing super special in there but how many albums these days are special and not somewhat derivative?   I thought it was by far the best thing I have heard from Gus G/Firewind (always thought they were over rated tbh) and so I suppose relatively speaking I think it's notable for that reason.   Another good thing from an album rating point of view is that IMO there were no total duds.

I also meant to note that I almost choked on my dinner last night when an ad came on TV for a Hyundai car and they were using Holy Diver as the music  :omg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQAlo4nnscg

Yeah, I saw that about a week ago and thought it was surprisingly awesome. :metal :metal
Definitely not a song choice I expected to hear on TV, but I ain't complaining!

I saw that on tv for the first time a week or so ago too.  Good shit, but don't understand why.

wolfking

I was fully expecting the awful Issa track to be played in representation for the Ted Poley just to piss me off.   :biggrin:  Happy with We Are Young, I actually really enjoy that album bar that one track.

bl5150

wolfking

bl5150

Quote from: TAC on February 14, 2017, 05:33:02 PM
Oh boy, the three songs after Testament... :|

Ted Poley and Tango Down were in Tim's 3 killer songs .  Good to see some consensus  :lol

jingle.boy

Quote from: TAC on July 31, 2021, 06:55:07 PMIf I can do it, it's idiot proof.
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Lowdz

Edit - should say SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't got through it all yet 😀

I liked all the instrumental tracks you played. I have the Syu and Gary Hoey but the Evan K was cool too. Will have to try that one in full. Same for the Eric Gillette. He does a flawless impression of JP.

Highlights for me in the ones I hadn't heard were

Tango down (heard previous albums but didn't really rate them)
Sunrise
Sunburst
Logar's diary
Mark wood (see comment for Tango Down)
Hand of dimes
Gracepoint
Fractal cipher
Eric gillette
Virtual symmetry
Kayser
Claudio Cordero

Podaar

I'm listening, finally, to the podcast.

I was sure you must have been mistaken about the Tygers of Pan Tang song actually being them. The vocalist was way too good!  :lol  I looked it up though and we were both correct. It was the ToPT alright but not the original singer. :)

TAC

Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Podaar

Wild Cat was an interesting album. The music was so cool but the singer sounded board and... well bad. Like he could quite hear what he was singing. You know, like when your brother was wearing head phones and trying to sing along with Venus and Mars. *shudder*

TAC

But I thought it was a ton better than the albums that followed. Jess Cox really fit the music. The Jon Deverall albums were so clean, they lacked any life, John Sykes notwithstanding.

jjrock88

TAC

bl5150

Things are a bit hectic in North Korea at the moment so give the guy a break - there's only so much a deceased dictator can handle at once ;D

I keep Chad in the loop re the podcast directly - good to see him back around here too.  :metal

jingle.boy

Things have been a bit hectic in my life the last number of months... years actually.  Wish I had it in me to be more active around here with you guys, but I don't.  Still trying to  :metal as often as I can though.

Got my annual Shmegland hookup in a few weeks.  I'd invite you Tim, but since you've forgotten who I am ... :P
Quote from: Stadler on January 03, 2024, 09:00:00 AMThat's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
Quote from: hefdaddy42 on November 04, 2021, 05:14:36 AMI fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".

wolfking

Quote from: jingle.boy on February 20, 2017, 07:46:44 PM
Things have been a bit hectic in my life the last number of months... years actually.  Wish I had it in me to be more active around here with you guys, but I don't.  Still trying to  :metal as often as I can though.

Got my annual Shmegland hookup in a few weeks.  I'd invite you Tim, but since you've forgotten who I am ... :P

It's really good to see you here mate.  Hope all is well.

wolfking

wolfking

Damn, the combo of both Perc3ption and Pareidolia were excellent, two to definitely check out.

TAC

All credit goes to Cram for this awesome picture:

Kipburgers for everyone!!!! :lol

jjrock88

BlobVanDam

Big Hath

TAC

jingle.boy

jjrock88

Lowdz

Quote from: wolfking on February 22, 2017, 03:42:07 AM
Damn, the combo of both Perc3ption and Pareidolia were excellent, two to definitely check out.

Same here. Both n my list to check out further. If they keep up that standard some cash will be spent. However, if they did they'd probably make the top 40.

bl5150

Quote from: TAC on February 22, 2017, 09:56:32 AM
Quote from: jjrock88 on February 22, 2017, 09:10:22 AM
The possibilities are endless

Kip fries, Kip shakes, Kip nuggets

Definitely NOT Kip nuggets! :lol

What if they came in a special red "nugget pouch"?

TAC

jingle.boy

Some predictions for B&B's Top 40?

Guaranteed:
Almanac
Fates Warning
Herman Frank

Better be there:
Cloudscape
Poverty's No Crime
Enbound
Monument
Pain
Rage
Burning Point
Mystic Prophecy
Iron Mask

Definitely/Maybe/For Sure/Possibly
Thunderstone
Withem
Eternity's End
Hemina
Utopia
Now Or Never
Myrath
Alter Bridge
Nordic Union

Might be, but shouldn't be:
Serenity
Section A
Hell in the Club
Evil Masquerade
Headspace
Redemption

I'll lose all hope if it's there:
Dream Theater
Eden's Curse
Meat Loaf
Circus Maximus

Lowdz

jjrock88

jingle.boy