Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908655 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully he makes a recovery.

Was just listening to Strangers in the Night the other day. UFO has to be one of the most underrated bands in the history of rock music.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Terrible stuff, all the best and hopefully a full recovery.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Imaginos

He's a great bass player, I've always loved the intro to Cherry. Plus he was always one of those guys that just looked cool while he played. Hope he's alright and makes a full recovery.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Plus he was always one of those guys that just looked cool while he played.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Did you guys see this?

https://bravewords.com/features/wendy-dio-the-fans-and-everybody-were-moved-to-tears

Dio hologram performance. Pretty damn cool!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Saw it about a week ago. Personally I think it's a bit of a tasteless slippery slope, but I guess it would be interesting to see live.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I see what you're saying. I would hate to see them market a tour around it.
But as a one off in a setting like that, I think it's fine.

Don't suppose DT would ever play the 12 Step Suite with an MP hologram.

:neverusethis:

Offline Lowdz

It was a bit spooky but I thought they would have chosen a better vocal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
At least in that performance they're not using tapes of Doug Aldrich.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
It was a bit spooky but I thought they would have chosen a better vocal

I thought that, but it's probably also a matter of what they can get access to. It has to be a good quality multitrack live recording so they can isolate the vocal, plus there's there's the issue of which label they were able to source and license it from.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
But anytime you can expose a younger audience to true metal through Dio, that's a positive

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another DGM song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4-AEmknag

Pretty damn cool.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Not bad. That song didn't really grab me, but it's a better blending of the melodic side and the metal side than most Frontiers stuff.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
To be fair, he does actually look that old.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
I wouldn't doubt that figure for a minute. I'm sure the wind erosion patterns on his face could verify it.

Dude still rocks hard though! :metal

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Rocks harder than kids half his age, even at 634!  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Rocks harder than kids half his age, even at 634!  :metal

Yeah, and he doesn't look a day over 565!  :metal

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So looks like the 'Trinity' 'Three Tremors' project is finally happening........but Tate got the replacements.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-blaze-bayley-and-tim-ripper-owens-to-join-forces-for-trinity-tour/

Wow. 

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Hopefully for jj the trinity do

A trilogy of shit stranger songs
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So looks like the 'Trinity' 'Three Tremors' project is finally happening........but Tate got the replacements.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geoff-tate-blaze-bayley-and-tim-ripper-owens-to-join-forces-for-trinity-tour/

Wow.

More like bow wow.

Offline Art

I would see them live for Blaze and Ripper.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

A triple threat singing of "the stranger" would be a musical disaster and my worlds would be colliding!

It's too bad that original three tremors idea never came to fruition around 2000-2001. I have a feeling that Geoff was hesitant to do it because that was the time period that he was really anti metal and kept giving interviews knocking metal.  But I never actually heard a reason; I'm sure the interest would have been high. A full album would have been awesome. That one duet on Resurrection, The One you Love to Hate, is spectacular

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I would see them live for Blaze and Ripper.

Same.

A triple threat singing of "the stranger" would be a musical disaster and my worlds would be colliding!

It's too bad that original three tremors idea never came to fruition around 2000-2001. I have a feeling that Geoff was hesitant to do it because that was the time period that he was really anti metal and kept giving interviews knocking metal.  But I never actually heard a reason; I'm sure the interest would have been high. A full album would have been awesome. That one duet on Resurrection, The One you Love to Hate, is spectacular

I think just trying to work around all three schedules was probably a bit too difficult also.  It would have been a great project at the time.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
yeah, it probably came down to a schedule conflict

Offline Lowdz

But who would have written the songs? Only Bruce writes songs.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
They've all been booted from their main bands so I'll call them The DiVested  :metal      Had to get a vest in there somwhere  :lol

And Gunners touring Australia and playing the MCG in my hometown  :omg:   Hopefully they get the response they are expecting as that ground holds 100,000 people (assuming what they lose from the stands behind the stage they make up for on the "floor"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:02:05 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Coming November 4th

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What do you guys think of this?
https://bravewords.com/news/dirkschneider-to-release-live-back-to-the-roots-album-this-october

It's a great setlist. Not sure what it would be like without Wolf's great tone.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was just looking at that this morning. The set list does look fantastic but I would be much more interested in a new live album from the new Accept.  Maybe it's just the blabbermouth spin, but UDO has come across as quite bitter towards Accept in the numerous interviews they post with him. Is this really going to be the last time he plays Accept tunes? I doubt it lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Did you guys see this?

https://bravewords.com/features/wendy-dio-the-fans-and-everybody-were-moved-to-tears

I'm sorry, TAC, but I thought that was fucking CREEPY.   

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Wow.

Wow is right.  There's a lot of innuendo there.  Shouldn't it be Todd La Torre in there?  Or does this mean that even Geoff thinks he's not the 'real guy' in Queensryche any more?  Haha. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Did you guys see this?

I'm sorry, TAC, but I thought that was fucking CREEPY.

Probably not as creepy as seeing Ozzy in person.  :P

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What do you guys think of this?
https://bravewords.com/news/dirkschneider-to-release-live-back-to-the-roots-album-this-october

It's a great setlist. Not sure what it would be like without Wolf's great tone.

The thing I thought was weird is that there is no DVD, UDO loves his live DVD's.  Seriously though, it should be an interesting listen.  His two guitarists at the moment smoke pretty hard, so no doubt they'll do a good job, it's just that their styles is of a more modern shredder as opposed to Wolf's more classic style.