Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908806 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I only just noticed that Scorpions are playing one Australian show (in Melbourne) later this year - tix just went on sale and it's around $130 per ticket.  It'll be interesting to see how it sells but not sure I can justify it at that price.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I only just noticed that Scorpions are playing one Australian show (in Melbourne) later this year - tix just went on sale and it's around $130 per ticket.  It'll be interesting to see how it sells but not sure I can justify it at that price.

I seriously don't see many people forking out that amount of money for the Scorpions.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jon-oliva-recovering-from-stroke/

Unfortuantely, something like this was only a matter of time.  Glad he's recovering well though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Good to hear that Jon got a "warning shot" rather than something worse.  As you say - he was an accident waiting to happen with the lifestyle/weight he was carrying.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I always feared much worse for him.  Hopefully a wake up call he needs.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jon-oliva-recovering-from-stroke/

Unfortuantely, something like this was only a matter of time.  Glad he's recovering well though.

I thought the same thing. I felt like more sooner than later we were going to hear about him dying or having something like this happen.

Offline cfmoran13

I seriously don't see many people forking out that amount of money for the Scorpions.
How often do the Scorps make it to Australia, though?  I know they've already done one Farewell tour.  But, with these bands, you never know how much is left in the tank.  Plus, everyone I know who saw them last time around when QR was opening for them said they were awesome. 

All that being said, I couldn't justify $130 for them either.  I'm just not that big a fan.  I was supposed to see them back in '88 on the Monsters of Rock tour at the 2nd Giants Stadium show.  Unfortunately, the it was cancelled.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

How often do the Scorps make it to Australia, though? 
Never - first time afaik.   I have never been a massive fanboy but it'll be a shame to miss it.  Struggling to afford it too with Queensryche about the same time.............Symphony X too if I can make it (and much cheaper)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:28:08 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Would like to see the Scorpions, but wouldnt pay that much for them.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
More Geoff Tate shite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI1bdc0xxxQ

I listened with an open mind, but not good, and he just sounds awful.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
More Geoff Tate shite.

I will check out the ripper and blaze song though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
More Geoff Tate shite.

reminds me a bit of HITNF era - nothing I am interested in hearing more of , but not the worst he has done in recent times. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
True, it's not as bad as some of his last couple of turds.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
True, it's not as bad as some of his last couple of turds.

You're review for FU is still something to see

Offline Lowdz

I must be listening to something different because I thought it was complete and utter shit. Even HITNF was a classic compared to this.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's utter shit but he has released shittier shit  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Lowdz

It's utter shit but he has released shittier shit  :lol

When you get to a certain point shit is just shit. No need to grade it further  :biggrin:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

"It's so shit. I mean how much more shit can it be?"
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Some shit lingo from the classic Canadian tv series Trailer Park Boys:

1) Shitballs: When you keep getting hit by shit balls, you gotta get a shit bat.

2) Shitabyss: The abyss of shit. "...when a man stares into the Shitabyss

3) Shitapple: Trinity (Used in a similar manner of "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree") ("A Shit Leopard Can't Change Its Spots")

4) Shitbarrometer: Measures the "Shitpressure" in the air.

5) Shithawks: A big shitty bird that swoops down and shits on people.

6) Shiticane: A hurricane of which shit blows around, caused by a Shitsystem. Mr. Lahey was calling Julian while in the middle of one.

7) Shitnami: A tsunami tidal wave of shit, unleashed to extinguish the shitflames. Mr. Lahey desires to release one on Ricky.

8) Shitidiots: Ricky, Julian and Bubbles

9) Shitiots: Ricky, Julian and Bubbles

10) Shitline: The line, used in the same manner of "crossing the line", as in when someone has gone too far.

11) Shitleopard: Ricky and his unchangeable ways, the term is used by Jim and Erica exactly as "a leopard can't change his spots".

12) Shit Machine Gun: Loads of trouble for the person that "loaded" the weapon. Randy expressed confusion to Lahey's description.

13) Shitmonkeys: Cory and Trevor from the Conky episode.

14) Shitmoths: Shitcaterpillars like Ricky which, given enough time, cocoon and eventually transform into shitmoths.

15) Shitnami Tidal Wave: A wall of water which will engulf Ricky's "Shitflame" and extinguish it.

16) Shitpuppets: A number of people, mostly the criminal element and the "losers" of Sunnyvale Trailer Park that Jim works to get jailed.

17) Shitrats: Bubbles' cats

18) Shitrope: A rope, covered in shit, that criminals try to climb up to avoid arrest. But the tighter you hold on to the rope, the faster you slide down.

19) Shitseeds: These grow into Shitweeds.

20) Shitweeds: These grew from Shitseeds.

21) Shitstorm Troopers: Julian and Ricky.

22) Shitwinds: Also referred to as "the winds of shit".

23) Shitwolf: Crucial piece of evidence needed to send Ricky, Julian and Bubbles to jail

24) Captain Shitacular - Referring to Ricky. Mr Lahey calls Ricky this while he is "raising shit in Sunnyvale again.

25) Shit tectonics: Pressure that builds causing a Shitquake.

26) Shitipillars: Jim Lahey's alcohol

27) Shitfruit: The fruit off of a shittree

28) Shitbox: Referring to Julians Trailer or generalizing buildings.

29) Shitmobile: Ricky's car

30) Shitstorm: You better bring in the jib before it gets covered in shit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin  Nice work j.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's a JJ World Record Longest Post!

Bigger than his last 20 posts combined! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Some Kai hansen solo thing.  He's doing he's best Hammerfall impression here.  So unoriginal, and his voice sounds weird.  The part right at the end of the chorus is a short rip off Priest's Rock Hard Ride Free.  Meh.  Cool he's trying to do something different though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGkwVVYkWTw

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Holy shit, that sucks! Wow!

Offline Lowdz

Some Kai hansen solo thing.  He's doing he's best Hammerfall impression here.  So unoriginal, and his voice sounds weird.  The part right at the end of the chorus is a short rip off Priest's Rock Hard Ride Free.  Meh.  Cool he's trying to do something different though.

Yeah, good catch on the Rock Hard Ride Free chorus.
It's ok I suppose but if this was JLB he'd be catching some shit for the effects on the vocals.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I wouldn't rank it at the suck level like Tim, but I never want to hear that song again though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I wouldn't rank it at the suck level like Tim, but I never want to hear that song again though.

Not sure how it works in Canada, but here in the States,  Sucks=never want to hear it again! ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I would just rank it "meh" level

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I would just rank it "meh" level

Same.  I love Kai but this isn't great at all.

Yeah, good catch on the Rock Hard Ride Free chorus.
It's ok I suppose but if this was JLB he'd be catching some shit for the effects on the vocals.

The effects are just horrid.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I love Kai too. Looking at him and those young dudes, it looks like a tune made at some Heavy Metal Fantasy Camp.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I love Kai too. Looking at him and those young dudes, it looks like a tune made at some Heavy Metal Fantasy Camp.

:lol

I'll give the album a listen but not expecting anything, which is a shame.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not sure if all of you guys go there, but I posted some pics of The TAC Summer Vacation in the Post Your Picture thread.

After seeing Mount Rushmore, I obviously had to bust out some Deep Purple!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was at Mount Rushmore once. Of course that was the one day that there was major fog and couldn't see jack shit lol.

But still a good excuse to listen to Deep Purple!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't think anyone will really be interested in this, but new song from Charred Walls of the Damed.  The band featuring Tim Owens, Jason Suecof, Steve Digiorgio and Richard Christy.  I really like their first two albums and this is some good heavy shit.  Album coming in September!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5rPKGEuTYE&feature=youtu.be