Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907233 times)

Offline Lowdz

Leaving this hear for pansies that don't like growls hahaha!!  SOLUTION .45!!  Fuck yes, been waiting for 5 years!  Listen to the whole damn thing, I dare you.  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2KVqagPFeM
I can vouch that half of this song is awesome!

What he said.  This level and quantity of growls still ain't my thing.

Growls are the rap of metal. Got about 40 seconds in and couldn't take anymore tuneless growling.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Leaving this hear for pansies that don't like growls hahaha!!  SOLUTION .45!!  Fuck yes, been waiting for 5 years!  Listen to the whole damn thing, I dare you.  :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2KVqagPFeM
I can vouch that half of this song is awesome!

What he said.  This level and quantity of growls still ain't my thing.

I respect this boys.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gazinwales

Tuneless growling?
Hardly, trying doing it yourself and see how easy it is.

Offline Lowdz

Tuneless growling?
Hardly, trying doing it yourself and see how easy it is.

Didn't say it was easy - I'd imagine it would hurt like hell with a bad technique. There's just no melody there which makes it boring to me as a lead voice. When used as a background vocal / call and response type thing I can handle it. As a lead vocal, no.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Right. Since when does difficulty=enjoyable?

I can have a 5 Star chef use the greatest techniques on an onion, and it'll still taste like shit.

Yes, it's the TAC Onion Analogy! :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Right. Since when does difficulty=enjoyable?

I can have a 5 Star chef use the greatest techniques on an onion, and it'll still taste like shit.

Yes, it's the TAC Onion Analogy! :metal

Bro, onions are amazing.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Bro, onions are amazing.

:lol

Everytime I bust out The Onion Analogy, I can always count on Wolfking to tell me how much he loves onions!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I eat one a day, seriously.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I eat one a day, seriously.  :lol

Let me guess, a Bloomin' one?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The Tony Abbott diet (one of our many ex-Prime Ministers)

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Are you trying to eat a tomato and eat an onion by mistake like George?

That review by Brent has me pumped up big time for CIIC!!  Brent knows what he is talking about.

Just got back from HMV.  No luck with anything.  Just a whole bunch of new pop and rap stuff. 

Ordered Stryper and CIIC from amazon.

Offline gazinwales

I found the new CIIC in a local store today, though I was looking for the new Caligula's Horse, which they didn't have.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I had a quick listen to that Circle II Circle album, and surprise surprise, I thought it was totally mediocre. :lol
I did only have one listen though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I had a quick listen to that Circle II Circle album, and surprise surprise, I thought it was totally mediocre. :lol
I did only have one listen though.

Based on that I now upgrade my rating to 100%  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Found both CIIC and Saxon in store yesterday!  :metal :metal :metal

So fucking stoked, out at the moment so haven't had a listen though.  Will be blasting them tonight.  Can't believe JB had both, wicked.

Offline gazinwales

Yeah I saw CIIC in my local JB too.
But no Caligula's Horse, grabbing that from Utopia today though.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

So fucking stoked, out at the moment so haven't had a listen though.  Will be blasting them tonight.  Can't believe JB had both, wicked.

WTF? I still have to wait 2 weeks for the Saxon. :censored

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

awesome dude!  I had to order Stryper and CIIC with amazon.  Paid for express shipping though.

Like Tim, we have to wait till the 30th for Saxon.  That better be at HMV

Post feedback when you can  :metal

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Do you think my girlfriend would get mad if I won an auction for Amanda Somerville's bra?

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Do you think my girlfriend would get mad if I won an auction for Amanda Somerville's bra?

Some things you just never disclose

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Only if you ask her to wear it, and start singing The Story Ain't Over.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
It's at $37 right now, and I think it's worth it considering she's including pictures of her wearing it.

I'm a sad sad man...

Offline gazinwales

Killer new song from one of Australia's better bands, Caligula's Horse
https://youtu.be/3C5qnG0GLfI

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Not bad at all.

Gonna dive into the Saxon and CIIC and will post my thoughts tomorrow.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Not bad at all.

Gonna dive into the Saxon and CIIC and will post my thoughts tomorrow.

Brent would never let us down with his reviews.  The CIIC has got to be outstanding!  And you know Saxon always delievers

Offline Lowdz

Not really had a lot of chances to listen to the newie said but the Saxon made a great first impression, as did CIIC. Winery Dogs is the only recent release that hasn't hit the spot for me and I liked the first one.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Have listened to both twice.

The Saxon impressed me a little more than the CIIC to be honest, but CIIC have always been a band that require quite a few spins to really get into.  The last album is my second fav of theirs but initially, I thought it was just solid and probably in the middle of the bunch.

It's very slick, heavy, good melodies and performances and all round nothing weak here.  Sounds like a fantastic album and some real stunners on here.  Great solos as usual.  Seems a lot shorter than what I'm used to from the band also.  I can't rate it as highly as Brent, as to me at the moment, it's just another solid slab of music from CIIC.  I'm not quite sure what is in hear that Brent doesn't here in previous releases, especially the last one.  But my opinion on it could easily rise even more.  If you're a fan of the band, you won't be disappointed. 

The Saxon is outstanding.  The Accept comparisons with this from Brent are spot on, especially in terms of the excellent production.  Great songs, Biff sounds great, amazing riffs, this one has it all.  Jason, you will be in love with this, guaranteed.  I'll post more thoughts with more listens.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sounds awesome!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm not quite sure what is in hear that Brent doesn't here in previous releases, especially the last one.

I'm not sure either but I was bored after the first few tracks on the last one and set it aside.  This one I was high fiving my monitor from the minute it started.  Tastes  :)      I haven't listened to every C2C album over and over (although I have them all) but on first listen this seems clearly the heaviest to me and has the least of the parts I don't like from Zak era Savatage.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I would definitely say it's their heaviest and darkest too.  But really, since Delusions of Grandeur, they have stepped up the heaviness, but the production has always seemed to let them down.  Seasons Will Fall was a big step up in production and this seems another step up. The style of riffing on this album adds to the heaviness too.  The rhythm guitars are great.  Gonna spin it loud in the car as it will give me a good chance to digest it.  I guess sometimes Brent certain albums just scratch the itch even if we don't fully know why. 

I had the Saxon in the car all day today and it sounded brilliant.

The whole thing is quite brilliant but my favourites are the title track, Queen of Hearts and Top of the World.  The latter being a brilliant piece of melodic hard rock.  But saying that, Devil's Footprints, the Priest like Destroyer, Eye of the Storm and Stand Your Ground are all excellent metal outings.  A special mention to Kingdom of the Cross.  It's probably one of my favs but hard to say just cause it's so different.  It's really well done, and has a lot of emotion for such a somber piece and something brilliant and unique for the band.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hmmm....listening to the CIIC again now.  Untold Dreams is fucking brilliant.  Even though my initial reactions weren't as strong as yours Brent, I do think this will grow into a monster.

And Brent, One More Day might be one of my favs, that riff is so damn good.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:08:21 AM by wolfking »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Glad everyone seems to be really liking the Saxon and C2C - even aside from my roulette I am having a ripper week with some new releases and old discoveries.   I think I have heard more that I like this week (with limited time) than I have in the last 3 months.

I am currently half way through a quick listen to the Hoekstra album and it has been a positive surprise too.  I was expecting something much more "production line" and more AOR but it rocks , the songs have some sort of originality and the playing is good.  Nothing mind bending but quality and better than expectations.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Might have to check that one out too then.  The songs I heard didn't interest me that much, the project on a whole should based on the style and those involved.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The songs I heard didn't interest me that much, the project on a whole should based on the style and those involved.

Ditto..............samples underwhelmed me too.

www.theguitardojo.com.au