Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907871 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Was just searching their tour schedule... shocking, nothing in NA yet.  Gives me time to get in to them.  Hopefully they'll come around next year.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Pretty heavy on the old stuff.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
good set list

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Circle II Circle song - "Victim of the Night"

Great song, but the production sounds a little underwhelming.  I'm sure the cd will sound better.  Possibly the heaviest riffing we've heard from CIIC.

That's really cool. Sick guitar solos. I may jump in here with them. JJ sent me them in my roulette and I liked that track.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
New Circle II Circle song - "Victim of the Night"

Great song, but the production sounds a little underwhelming.  I'm sure the cd will sound better.  Possibly the heaviest riffing we've heard from CIIC.

That's really cool. Sick guitar solos. I may jump in here with them. JJ sent me them in my roulette and I liked that track.

Guess I should be expecting them sometime soon then. I'll probably hate them then :neverusethis:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Deathless

Lol you guys will get a kick out of this.

I guess Bobby Blotzer has gotten control of the Ratt name... he's taking his crew of vagabonds on the road in NA for a "Re-invasion tour". Dates are TBA.

On a side note, his band doesn't sound that bad. The singer sounds decent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=74&v=FZumTiqli8Y Nothing like Tate's scabryche that went out a few years ago.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Handy WASP setlist on tour:

01. On Your Knees
02. Inside the Electric Circus
03. The Real Me (THE WHO cover)
04. L.O.V.E. Machine
05. Last Runaway
06. Crazy
07. The Titanic Overture
08. Arena of Pleasure
09. Miss You / Thunderhead
10. Hellion
11. I Don't Need No Doctor (RAY CHARLES cover)
12. Golgotha
13. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue)
14. Wild Child
15. I Wanna Be Somebody

Solid.  Arena of Pleasure, Thunderhead, hell yeah.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I've seen a few vids of that young "Ratt" singer and yeah - he's pretty damn good and better than Pearcy has sounded in ages ,possibly ever  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
They might get more people there if they didn't put their picture on the poster.  Fuck me.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Yeah, this kind of posing and the see-through shirt may work for :TAC: but it's so 80s
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, this kind of posing and the see-through shirt may work for :TAC: but it's so 80s

But at least Winger were good looking and didn't look like a Steel Panther wannabe band.  The middle guy is for sure trying to look like bass player Magnus Rosen.

haha

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
They might get more people there if they didn't put their picture on the poster.  Fuck me.

No shit. Men should never do a duck-face.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I've seen a few vids of that young "Ratt" singer and yeah - he's pretty damn good and better than Pearcy has sounded in ages ,possibly ever  :lol

Yes he does sound very good.

Offline Kwyjibo

Anyone up for Ugly Kid Joe?

America's Least Wanted was nice (althought the hit "Everything About You" was shit) and Menace To Sobriety is still one damn fine metal album.

Seems like they got together again and got a new album out: "Uglier Than They Used Ta Be" but haven't heard it yet.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Never got into them back in the day. Can't see that changing now.

Offline Lowdz

I bought the first album as I quite liked the single but there wasn't much else of note on it. Didn't bother with anything else. Can't say I'm too interested in a new album. Might have a listen .

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought UKJ did a good job covering Cats in the Cradle.

And the song with Rob Halford was very good.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Most songs with Rob Halford are! ;D

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

good call!

Offline Lowdz

His Fight stuff would beg to differ  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Fight was pretty cool.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Hey?  Fight was awesome.

Offline Lowdz

Hey?  Fight was awesome.

I heard the second album only and didn't like it at all. Just having a. Listen to the first one and it's ok. I thought it was meant to be his industrial metal project but I don't hear that.i was just joking but, yeah, not that bad and I'd take it over Pantera, which is what it seems aimed at.

Edit . Think I mixed fight up with Two. That was the industrial shit.

Just listening to Resurrection now, that was a good album, and the live album awesome too.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 04:46:39 PM by Lowdz »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, Two was the experimental industrial one.  I don't think I've honestly listened to that album in full at all.

Resurrection is just incredible.  Crucible has a more modern darker edge but is awesome also IMO.  Winter Songs did nothing for me and Made of Metal was hit and miss, but had some good songs on it.  Just the quality was no where near Resurrection or Crucible.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, Two was the experimental industrial one.  I don't think I've honestly listened to that album in full at all.

Resurrection is just incredible.  Crucible has a more modern darker edge but is awesome also IMO.  Winter Songs did nothing for me and Made of Metal was hit and miss, but had some good songs on it.  Just the quality was no where near Resurrection or Crucible.

You summed up all of the Halford discs perfectly.

The two Fight albums are pretty good; the first was much better.  However, I found the Fight albums don't even touch Resurrection and Crucible.

I'm not sure what that Two thing was.  Rob's voice was boring, but I think he was intentionally trying to get away from the 80s metal singing.  The album did nothing for me and other's seemed to agree, I think it did poorly.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Hey?  Fight was awesome.

So I do have a Fight story. I saw them open for Anthrax in 1993. It was a small club I Providence, and in the pit for Fight, I literally saw some dude the most bloodied I've ever seen anybody.
So for Anthrax, we went up to the balcony, and Scott Travis watched Anthrax right next to us! I shook his hand and told him that they were awesome.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
However, I found the Fight albums don't even touch Resurrection and Crucible.

No, they don't.  Not even close.

Hey?  Fight was awesome.

So I do have a Fight story. I saw them open for Anthrax in 1993. It was a small club I Providence, and in the pit for Fight, I literally saw some dude the most bloodied I've ever seen anybody.
So for Anthrax, we went up to the balcony, and Scott Travis watched Anthrax right next to us! I shook his hand and told him that they were awesome.

I know you probably didn't do that intentionally, but nice pun.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Michael Dennar and Hank Sherman song;

https://youtu.be/qINa6rpZxVc

Pretty fuckin' good.  Wish it was a full album though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I know you probably didn't do that intentionally, but nice pun.

:lol

No that wasn't intentional. Didn't even think of it. Completely subliminal. But  :tup for catching it!

Offline Kwyjibo

I bought the first album as I quite liked the single but there wasn't much else of note on it. Didn't bother with anything else. Can't say I'm too interested in a new album. Might have a listen .

I didn't like the single, maybe that's why I like the album because it's different from the single.  ;D

I would recommend "Menace To Sobriety" as the go to album for UKJ.

Heard some snippets from the new one and they didn't exactly excite me, so probably I won't buy it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Having a listen to the new Lynch Mob.  Not really feeling it hey.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Having a listen to the new Lynch Mob.  Not really feeling it hey.

Yeah - I thought it had a couple of strong tracks but a bit too laid back for my liking.  I think there might be some good bonus tracks floating around but haven't got onto that.

I expect to have the new Queensryche in the house tonight  :hat
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent give us a QR update after you listen to it a few times please

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I think it is going to take a few listens.   I have actually heard the first half now and it's not very immediate thus far.  Nothing bad either ,but just not much to grab you by the throat without spending some time on it.  Guardian is my fave so far.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I think it is going to take a few listens.   I have actually heard the first half now and it's not very immediate thus far.  Nothing bad either ,but just not much to grab you by the throat without spending some time on it.  Guardian is my fave so far.

I was listening to the 3 tracks they already have out there and really like them. I have high hopes for a decent album.