Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907284 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Circle II Circle song - "Victim of the Night"

Great song, but the production sounds a little underwhelming.  I'm sure the cd will sound better.  Possibly the heaviest riffing we've heard from CIIC.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
C2C is one of the most consistent metal bands you will ever see.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
C2C is one of the most consistent metal bands you will ever see.

They really are.  I'm really liking the darker tones of this new song too, looking forward to the album.

Offline Deathless

I'm with you Wolf, compared to their recent stuff the production is... really bad. I'm digging the heavier mood of it though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm with you Wolf, compared to their recent stuff the production is... really bad. I'm digging the heavier mood of it though.

I actually thought the last album was produced really well, but the couple before that were quite poor.  We'll see once the cd comes out.  The quality of songwriting usually makes up for it when it comes to CIIC though.

Offline Lowdz

Youtube quotes suggest the real cd sounds much better. YT does kill the sound.

Offline ozzy554

Well I was going to see The Who in october but I guess it will have to wait until spring.

https://thewho.com/postponed-2015-north-american-tour/
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Youtube quotes suggest the real cd sounds much better. YT does kill the sound.

I was surprised how much it killed the new Maiden.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Well I was going to see The Who in october but I guess it will have to wait until spring.

https://thewho.com/postponed-2015-north-american-tour/

that sucks

Offline Lowdz

Magnus Karlssons Freefall track is on YouTube. Jorn singing kingdom of rock.

https://youtu.be/Sjfly9fvmkc

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Sweet... I was looking for it this morning, since it was announced the iTunes pre-buyers now had it for download.  Not so exclusive to pre-buyers!

Digging it.  Jorn + Magnus always puts a smile in my pants.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Sweet... I was looking for it this morning, since it was announced the iTunes pre-buyers now had it for download.  Not so exclusive to pre-buyers!

Yeah it's ok. Not the first time he's played the big riff then everything stops for the quiet verse. A bit Magnus by numbers but it's fine.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah it's ok. Not the first time he's played the big riff then everything stops for the quiet verse. A bit Magnus by numbers but it's fine.

Yeah, you could definitey hear a few reprises from Allen/Lande material.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Song sounds good to me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fucking love it.  Sounds so much like Battle style Allen/Lande in the chours.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Liking it - plenty of cliches and Allen/Lande vibes but I think I like it better than anything off Freefall.  It certainly rocks  :metal

More melodic rock than hard rock but another Find Me album out December too.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Oh hell yeah.  I really liked the first one actually.  Robbie has an amazing voice.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Oh hell yeah.  I really liked the first one actually.  Robbie has an amazing voice.

Meant to post that (Find Me) yesterday.  Might check it out... Bolsters gave me that in my first roulette, but I never went looking/listening for it.

And for my tastes, it's nowhere near FF 1, but I'm cool with it.  Given the cast of vocalists, I can see it being a tad 'softer' this time around - not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Good news regarding Find Me, I enjoyed the first album quite a bit.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Metal Allegiance's version of We Rock could've been damn good but for a couple of fucking awful cameos by Chuck Billy and Steve Souza - ditch the last couple of guitar solos too.  Shame.......most of it I like.

https://youtu.be/xjxpMCiUI7Q
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Note to self, don't send Brent any Exodus or Testament.  I agree they sucked on this.  Ripper probably should have sung the whole thing.  Geez, he got fat too.

I'm not really digging what I've heard from this project too much.  Man Skolnick is a beast though.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Note to self, don't send Brent any Exodus or Testament.  I agree they sucked on this.  Ripper probably should have sung the whole thing.  Geez, he got fat too.

I'm not really digging what I've heard from this project too much.  Man Skolnick is a beast though.

Never was much into Exodus but I really like some of Testament's more melodic stuff - I also dislike plenty too.   But he just sounds shit there and Souza WTF!.........if that's the current state of his voice I can't even imagine him singing metal of any kind.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Only have a couple of Exodus albums, but haven't followed them so I couldn't tell you.  It was pretty comical though, almost a joke.

Testament have some real gems in there but some filler also.  Their newer stuff has been really good.  I didn't think you'd like any Testament Brent cause of Chuck's vocals, but I guess their music is so good, some is hard to ignore.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah Chuck has been a bit up and down over the years (partly due to health) but he was never the strongest vocalist - on some of their better material they sort of mask it with reverb.   I am more a fan of stuff like (songs) Practice What You Preach,  Electric Crown  :metal etc.......and yeah if it wasn't for Skolnick I may not have bothered,.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm the same re Testament cause of Skolnick, he's just incredible.

I also love Over the Wall, New World Order, they were two of my favs along with those two you mentioned.

I never fully explored the stuff they did with James Murphy, he's great too, although a bit heavier probably not up your alley.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Yeah, Chuck Billy and the dude afterwards were an absolute joke. I skipped the solo section, but otherwise it was not bad. I'm not a fan of the alternating vocals approach; at least stick to one vocalist per song. It felt like We're Stars, except on the wrong side of 1990.
It was nice to hear Jericho sing something cool for the first time in a decade, and this is the first time I've heard the new Arch Enemy vocalist sing, since she hasn't had that chance in Arch Enemy. There was nothing wrong with the rest of the vocalists, but it doesn't feel serious to me with so many different vocals.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I stopped with the shirts etc.....as I could've gone on forever and there wasn't a great deal of discussion ,but I reckon you will like something I stumbled onto today Kade and jj. 

I'm all Sava'd out.   I have my original Gutter Ballet shirt on which has the album cover on the front and the trash can/guitar/rat on the back.  And keeping me warm is a hoodie from the debut album tour for Circle II Circle. You won't see many of those around.  The back has tour dates etc.....

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's fucking legit, that would be so rare.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Awesome sweater and awesome band

Love that new tune from C2C

Offline gazinwales

The MA album holds zero interest for me.
The core of DA/MP/AS are pretty good, and for me AS is an absolute monster player.
But the vocalists aren't anything great.
We Rock sounds good, but nothing extraordinary.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I always dreamed of Hammett leaving Metallica and being replaced by Skolnick but no dice.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I always dreamed of Hammett leaving Metallica and being replaced by Skolnick but no dice.

That would have been incredible.

The MA album holds zero interest for me.
The core of DA/MP/AS are pretty good, and for me AS is an absolute monster player.
But the vocalists aren't anything great.
We Rock sounds good, but nothing extraordinary.

Yeah I won't bother buying it.  One album like this that I really enjoyed was the Roadrunner united quite a few years back, that was awesome.

Offline Lowdz

I thought it was ok but as gaz says, the vocalists aren't of interest to me on the whole. I'd have taken chuck on the whole thing but then I guess it would be a testament album.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Handy WASP setlist on tour:

01. On Your Knees
02. Inside the Electric Circus
03. The Real Me (THE WHO cover)
04. L.O.V.E. Machine
05. Last Runaway
06. Crazy
07. The Titanic Overture
08. Arena of Pleasure
09. Miss You / Thunderhead
10. Hellion
11. I Don't Need No Doctor (RAY CHARLES cover)
12. Golgotha
13. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue)
14. Wild Child
15. I Wanna Be Somebody

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

That doesn't seem a very long setlist. Was thinking of going, they were in Manchester recently? but never got around to it.