Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909206 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
THIS sounds interesting.
https://bravewords.com/news/zierler-featuring-beyond-twilight-fates-warning-scar-symmetry-members-to-release-debut-album-in-october

It sure fucking does.

And you pansy's that don't like melodeath, Per Nilsson is simply an incredible guitarist.  First day buyer of this for sure.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Black Sabbath's Final Tour
https://bravewords.com/news/black-sabbath-the-end-dates-announced-for-the-final-tour-video-announcement-streaming

So excited for this. The last time they came here to Oz a few years ago was when everyone decided to tour at the same time, and I couldn't afford them all. I'm glad I'll get the chance to see Sabbath.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Black Sabbath's Final Tour
https://bravewords.com/news/black-sabbath-the-end-dates-announced-for-the-final-tour-video-announcement-streaming

So excited for this. The last time they came here to Oz a few years ago was when everyone decided to tour at the same time, and I couldn't afford them all. I'm glad I'll get the chance to see Sabbath.

I missed them too.  I'm there.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another Stryper song.  The weakest so far, but solid groove.

https://youtu.be/HVXjDNDlgiU

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Some memorabilia that fell out of a box around 'ere today..........

Van Halen Tour Books ( 1981, 1986,1988) .........awesome photos in the 1981 especially
Van Halen Looney Tunes radio promo red vinyl (still sealed) for Van Halen 1 (1977-1978)
Ozzy Osbourne Souvenir Single w/patch from Donninton 1986

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

They've spelled Donington wrong on that  Ozzy patch. Only one n. I was at that festival Though it wasn't one of the best Monsters of Rock lineups.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I like it!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I like it!

Yeah, not bad, but I like the first two a lot more.  Seems like it's gonna be a good album though.

Offline Lowdz

New wASP track is really good. Last Runaway. Listened to it last night on Apple music.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
How is Apple Music compared to Spotify?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

I'm still using both as the apple music is free. I think spot iffy has more of the obscure stuff. Delve too deep in Apple music and it doesn't do it. Don't think I'll subscribe when the trial is up.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm still using both as the apple music is free. I think spot iffy has more of the obscure stuff. Delve too deep in Apple music and it doesn't do it. Don't think I'll subscribe when the trial is up.

I was wondering if/when I should start my trial.

Offline Lowdz

I was wondering if/when I should start my trial.

It's worth a free trial. There are chunks missing from discographies though, even of fairly well known bands.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New wASP track is really good. Last Runaway. Listened to it last night on Apple music.

Yeah, it is.  Unfortunately the second track they released was the usual WASP formula reworked yet again.  It sounded good though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't think he would ever do this.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
JLT has been talking about this for ages and Blackmore has been quoted as saying JLT won't be involved  :lol..........JLT does tend to be full of shit.  Coverdale tried to get Blackmore involved in his Purple thing and it didn't work out.   It'll be interesting to see who is involved from the old lineups - I'm guessing not too many.

And just 4 dates? 

And he takes his current lineup much more seriously?

Okey dokey.  ::)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Even JLT would be laughing at the way these bozos look.

I'm thinking Coverdale and Hughes might be involved, they have been talking shit too.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Blackmore mentioned this a little while ago, but I don't think there was a set date yet. Even though I enjoy Blackmore's Night, I've wanted this for ages. Blackmore still has the chops, and it would be a shame to not see him rock out one last time.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn't think that reunion would happen

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
JLT has been talking about this for ages and Blackmore has been quoted as saying JLT won't be involved  :lol..........JLT does tend to be full of shit.  Coverdale tried to get Blackmore involved in his Purple thing and it didn't work out.   It'll be interesting to see who is involved from the old lineups - I'm guessing not too many.

And just 4 dates? 

And he takes his current lineup much more seriously?

Okey dokey.  ::)

Next time I win the Caption Contest, this is the pic I'm going to post!

I can't see any of the current Purple guys doing it. Glover? Airey? Paice? I guess never say never.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Blackmore mentioned this a little while ago, but I don't think there was a set date yet. Even though I enjoy Blackmore's Night, I've wanted this for ages. Blackmore still has the chops, and it would be a shame to not see him rock out one last time.

I totally agree with bolded part.

Even though nothing beats first BN album, Shadow of the Moon, I thought Secret Voyage was great and their latest, Dancer and the Moon, was enjoyable.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni

I totally agree with bolded part.

Even though nothing beats first BN album, Shadow of the Moon, I thought Secret Voyage was great and their latest, Dancer and the Moon, was enjoyable.

Secret Voyager is easily my favourite, although I enjoy a lot of the earlier stuff too. I only enjoy one or two songs since though.

Offline Lowdz

I would think glover and pace would be reluctant without gillan, and I can't see him doing it with Ritchie even for a huge retirement pot.

Jlt would be the singer who could still hit the notes. DC and Gillan couldn't.
Candace will have the casting vote. She seems to wear the trousers (tights?) in that relationship.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
Coverdale has already spoken about reaching out to him to organize something similar recently, and it didn't happen. The current members of Deep Purple are probably all just doing their thing. Not sure on JLT.
I'm not expecting anyone major to return; I think it will be a bunch of nobodies who are happy to do whatever Blackmore says.

Offline Lowdz

Doogie white again?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Doogie white again?

Exactly who I thought of too.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Well he's in Schenker's band at the moment.

These four shows basically amount to a one off and with the fact that they are so far off, I think anyone is fair game as far as participation. I doubt Doogie would be part of this very much. He really has nothing to do with Deep Purple, or even Rainbow for that matter. If he's there, he's only doing a song or two. I mean Ritchie could trot anyone out for this.

I am expecting Coverdale, Hughes, and JLT.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have been given the heads up to get my roulette underway......we won't be in full swing for 7-10 days though.  It took a lot of persistence from Chad to convince me to do one and I know there's probably as much if not more trepidation about finding stuff for mine as there is for Chad's.

I've tried to drop some hints in the upcoming OP but if you're worried about not having anything to submit .............don't be .  It took me 15 mins to line up dozens of possibilities for Chad and Tim and also bear in mind that  there are gaps in my collection for most bands ,  even the big ones.

For example:

- I don't have Rocka Rolla by Priest
- I don't have Master of the Moon by Dio
-  most of the big power metal bands I just have a few albums.  Even for my faves like Strato there's a big gap between Infinite and Polaris.  I only have one or two Hammerfall albums, zero Dragonforce, a few Gamma Ray.   I have only two Primal Fear albums.
- up until the recent thread feature here on WASP (another all time fave) I was missing most albums after The Crimson Idol.
- the only Maiden songs I have from the reunion era are on From Fear To Eternity (best of)
- Ozzy is an all time fave and I don't have anything post Ozzmosis other than Black Rain.
- I don't have any Tate era Queensryche after Promised Land aside from OM2 and Dedicated to Crap.
- I have very little Malmsteen post Facing The Animal
- I don't have Subhuman Race by Skid Row
- I don't have any of the Gary Moore blues albums other than the first one.
- there are a number of Deris era Helloween albums I don't have
- I don't have Endgame and a number of other recent Megadeth albums

I could go on and on and most of the bands mentioned above made my Top 50..............you guys have heaps of stuff I don't have.    I have given a number of pretty good hints above I think and there's plenty more where that came from if you just ask.   if you're desperate float some bands that you know I like and assume I have everything from .......I may not.  Just float some ideas via email/PM and I will help.  ;)

Obviously the main purpose of the exercise is to discover some new bands - that's what will get me most   :metal  - but any album I don't have by any artist will be allowed. 

It would be awesome to see as many thread regulars here as possible having a go  :heart

And Kade.........I have all my submissions ready for your roulette , unless you throw some curveballs I am not expecting :lol  :impatient:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:32:41 PM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And Kade.........I have all my submissions ready for your roulette , unless you throw some curveballs I am not expecting :lol  :impatient:

Good lord, I only announced it 2 day or so ago and it's not running for another 6 months.  :rollin  Guess I can't back out now.

How the fuck am I gonna be in two roulettes at once?  I'm going crazy enough with Chad.  And yes Brent, there is probably gonna be stuff that can be sent, but it's gonna be a mission.

Online bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Good lord, I only announced it 2 day or so ago and it's not running for another 6 months.  :rollin  Guess I can't back out now.

How the fuck am I gonna be in two roulettes at once?  I'm going crazy enough with Chad.  And yes Brent, there is probably gonna be stuff that can be sent, but it's gonna be a mission.

I agree it's not ideal with Chad and I at the same time . I am in two at the moment myself and it's quite possible that with Evermind's up next I will be running one and participating in two or three at the same time , so you have it easy  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au