Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909217 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Anyone else putting up a Saxon list?

Sorry, I've been working on my Winger list! :lol

top ten worst?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni

Your going to rub that down to a nub if you don't leave it alone.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Your going to rub that down to a nub if you don't leave it alone.
:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

That band is very underated

I could do an albums list but I haven't heard half of them. A songs list would just be from album 2 to Power and the Glory.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

That band is very underated

Not as popular as I thought , but we are all a bit Winger focused at the moment :lol

I will get my list up tomorrow and for the next band I'll make it a big one.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Nice avatar, bl5150. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice avatar, bl5150. :lol
  :)

I haven't had much time to listen to Saxon........some serious financial shit going down about now and not in "music mode" at the moment , which is a rare thing.

Having said that.........I'll just refer to the ones I have rated.

1. Innocence Is No Excuse
2. Strong Arm Of The Law
3. Wheels Of Steel
4. Crusader
5. Power And The glory

It was just me and jj so I won't bother with a summary.

Some of my favourite tracks

The Eagle Has Landed
Sacrifice
Strong Arm Of The Law
Taking Your Chances
Rockin Again
Call Of The Wild
Devil RIdes Out
Broken Heroes
Gonna Shout.

What do we like better guys ................Winger's Seventeen or Saxon's Sixth Form Girls (just sixteen...teenage dream) :lol

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Deathless

New Circle II Circle due this fall...

Following the impressive main-stage performance of Zak Stevens with SAVATAGE and TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA in front of 80,000 people at Wacken Open Air festival 2015, Zak and his band CIRCLE II CIRCLE will release their new album, "Reign Of Darkness", on October 16 via earMUSIC.

earMUSIC/Edel and Zak Stevens have enjoyed critical acclaim and commercial success together over the years with SAVATAGE albums like "Edge Of Thorns", "The Wake Of Magellan" and "Dead Winter Dead" (true milestones of hard rock and metal and some of the biggest charts metal successes of the '90s) and CIRCLE II CIRCLE albums such as "Seasons Will Fall" alike.

CIRCLE II CIRCLE is a band that has been reinventing itself through the years, but maintaining that signature sound that fans around the world love. "Reign Of Darkness" is no exception to that attitude, bringing out the very best CIRCLE II CIRCLE has to offer. Needless to say, "Reign Of Darkness" overshadows what has been done before.

Says Stevens: "You might say that 'Reign Of Darkness' represents a musical reinvention for us, but the minute you hear each song you know right away that it's CIRCLE II CIRCLE. We wanted to pay homage to the past, but we also wanted to create a musical renaissance within our genre that is fresh and energetic. This is an album that will positively pave the way for our future."

"Reign Of Darkness" features the powerful metal sound, strong hard rock riffs, both emphasizing Zak Stevens's passionate melodic rock vocals. Again, the band has created something new, something fresh and vigorous. And the artwork definitely sets new standards.

"Reign Of Darkness" track listing:

01. Over-Underture
02. Victim Of The Night
03. Untold Dreams
04. It's All Over
05. One More Day
06. Ghost Of The Devil
07. Somewhere
08. Deep Within
09. Taken Away
10. Sinister Love
11. Solitary Rain

CIRCLE II CIRCLE is:

Zak Stevens (SAVATAGE) - Vocals
Mitch Stewart - Bass/Vocals
Bill Hudson (POWER QUEST, CELLADOR) - Guitars/Vocals
Christian Wentz - Guitars/Vocals
Henning Wanner (WHITE LION, JADED HEART) - Keyboards/Vocals
Marcelo Moreira (ALMAH, SYMBOLICA, MARMOR) - Drums

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sorry I haven't been responding to the Saxon talk. A little buried musically at the minute.

Too 5 albums:
Power And The Glory
Crusader
Strong Arm Of The Law
Sacrifice
Call To Arms

I'm sure I'm missing a ton but Off the too of my head for songs:
Power And The Glory
This Town Rocks
20,000 Feet
Hammer Of The Gods
Witchfynder General
Call To Arms
Night Of The Wolf
Guardians Of The Tomb
Strong Arm Of a The Law
Dallas 1PM

I LOVE SAXON!!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Interesting pick Brent with Innocence at number 1

New Circle II Circle!!  Great news, these guys are work horses for sure.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Interesting pick Brent with Innocence at number 1

I was thinking the same thing. I basically checked out at that point.

Offline Lowdz

Power and Glory

Strong arm

Wheels of steel

Inner sanctum

Into the labyrinth

Songs? Too many

I do love 747, Dallas 1pm, suzie hold on, and the bands played on, Midas touch, crusader

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck yes for CIIC, last one was awesome.  I've seen Megadeth twice now so I probably won't bother.  Bodom would be good to see though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Tate showed some signs of coming back but just totally relapsed again.  This could easily fit on FU.  The name Operation Mindcrime shouldn't be associated with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlVE5CvFc9c

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The first song was way better.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Probably the only song on the album of it's kind I reckon.  I think they'll all be shit like this second one.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I will say that the first song is excellent, I'm playing it quite often. This one is subpar for sure. Hopefully some other decent songs on the album, but we will see

Offline Lowdz

Probably the only song on the album of it's kind I reckon.  I think they'll all be shit like this second one.

Agreed. First song was surprisingly good.this is what I would expect from Tate and the cronies who've been writing his stuff for years.
Move along. Nothing to see here.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Even the lead song, Cold from FU which still wasn't in the Ryche vein whatsoever was a really decent rock tune but every other song was garbage as we know.  I think I can safely say, there will be even worse songs on this album again.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I continue to refuse to give any of my time to Tate.

Saxon... I've tried, and find them very enjoyable, just not something I gravitate back to.  That Carere years set was a great purchase.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I continue to refuse to give any of my time to Tate.

Saxon... I've tried, and find them very enjoyable, just not something I gravitate back to.  That Carere years set was a great purchase.
Yes it is.

Saxon is your basic NWOBHM. There is nothing really spectacular about them but their longevity and consistent quality is really unmatched.

The second half of their career is as good as their first half, and in metal, that is really rare, save for Iron Maiden.

When I think of classic heavy metal, I think of Saxon.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Try some of their newer stuff.  Modern production with good songs and performances, I much prefer and always go to the last 5 or so albums.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah Chad I agree. Sacrifice and Call To Arms ( their last two ) are two of their best.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah Chad I agree. Sacrifice and Call To Arms ( their last two ) are two of their best.

Yes. Highly recommended

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't have Call To Arms but was disappointed with Sacrifice..........I loved the title track but thought nothing else came close and it was all a bit the same.  Same way I felt about the last Primal Fear - one awesome track and then just alright.  I don't think any Saxon album had any more than three 5 star rated tracks , so they were all rated around 80%......I will go back and revisit those ratings when I get a chance as my taste has changed a bit in recent times and they may get more love from me now.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ozzy554

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-confirms-he-and-axl-rose-are-friends-again-it-was-probably-way-overdue/

Satan must be skating his way to work today because hell has officially frozen over.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Deathless

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-confirms-he-and-axl-rose-are-friends-again-it-was-probably-way-overdue/

Satan must be skating his way to work today because hell has officially frozen over.

Timing of it all seems so coincidental too. Guns two main guitarists are out, Slash and Axl suddenly rekindle their friendship...

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
new album in 2025

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
I get the feeling the word "friend" here is being used generously. :lol I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of reunion.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of reunion.
Neither would I.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't have Call To Arms but was disappointed with Sacrifice..........I loved the title track but thought nothing else came close and it was all a bit the same.  Same way I felt about the last Primal Fear - one awesome track and then just alright.  I don't think any Saxon album had any more than three 5 star rated tracks , so they were all rated around 80%......I will go back and revisit those ratings when I get a chance as my taste has changed a bit in recent times and they may get more love from me now.

Sacrifice was much more of a grower compared to the last few before them.  I also wasn't floored by it at first, but it just never more spins.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Just got through my first listen of the new Lynch Mob and it has a couple of really strong tracks but as an album there's too many plodders for my liking. Oni sounds fantastic but it just doesn't rock enough overall.   78%

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I liked the Robert Mason Lynch Mob album the best from what I've heard from them. What would you rate the first two LM albums Brent?