Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 906906 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Found this Biff Byford interview by Rodrigo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVu7pr_HKA4

@ Rodrigo...nice job with the interview. Biff sounded pretty engaged, so kudos because you're probably the 2 millionth guy to interview him!  Love the conversation around the 90's time period.

Also, I though
t you were younger than you actually are.

Good Stuff   I saw and met Biff and Saxon back in 83,   great show back then....

Thanks man! And yeah, it's difficult to get the artists excited when they've talked about the album extensively. In this case, it was the last slot with Biff for the day, and he was late because the previous interview lasted too long. In other words...this interview had everything to come out terribly boring. I studied other interviews he had done and decided to ask very different questions - the one about them doing a concept album, or addressing the reality show they did a long time ago. I'm glad you liked it!

How old did you think I was? I'm 49...I guess all the running and eating right is FINALLY starting to pay off. LOL!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Accept, April 26!  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Accept, April 26!  :metal

:metal

About damn time!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Speaking of Accept, this showed up in my feed the last couple of days, and today, I decided to open it up and watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEelriz_Gc

There's a channel called Metal School, and this guy does mini documentary type videos on classic bands. On this one, he does Accept, and he does a pretty good job with it too.  Really enjoyed it.

Also, saw a teaser for their new single today, and it kind of blew. Hopefully the rest of the album is much better. Still, it's a release day purchase no questions asked.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Accept, this showed up in my feed the last couple of days, and today, I decided to open it up and watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALEelriz_Gc

There's a channel called Metal School, and this guy does mini documentary type videos on classic bands. On this one, he does Accept, and he does a pretty good job with it too.  Really enjoyed it.

Also, saw a teaser for their new single today, and it kind of blew. Hopefully the rest of the album is much better. Still, it's a release day purchase no questions asked.

I remember checking out one of those Metal Schools for a band, it was okay.

I'll go and hunt these teaser out now.

EDIT:  Eh.....does seem like a strange single choice but the second half sounded a bit better.  Will reserve judgement.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I think I've found my song of 2024 already.

https://youtu.be/8lCc6G2JbTs?si=pumv57ei_Tyqk9RF

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
wow

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Written and recorded at Oxford University, no doubt.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

So...they're banned?

Better cross them off your short-list mate.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Obviously I don't give two f$&ks about roulettes, but does this mean that the Wolfster is beginning his legendary roulette?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Obviously I don't give two f$&ks about roulettes, but does this mean that the Wolfster is beginning his legendary roulette?

Getting prepared as we speak!

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Bet the black comes in red, crimes of passion rule my head.
I need you, you want him, dressed to kill we live in sin.
I know the game you play, I know it well.
You just keep on playin' when all the bets are down.
Roulette roulette you're goin' round in a spin,
Caught up in a game you just can't win.
Roulette, you're just a fantasy.
It's everything that you want it to be.
Play the numbers one by one, fire the shot and the damage is done.
Restless lovers pay the price, cheating hearts don't think twice.
When you make the rules no one can slow you down,
You just keep 'em waiting when you're on the prowl.
Backdoor runner got away this time,
Leaves her mark at the scene of the crime.
Nothing matters, no faces, no names,
You're just a number, it's all the same.
You just love to play the game.
I know the game you play, I know it well.
You just keep on playin' when all the bets are down.
It's everything that you want it to be

I don't do roulettes, but whenever I see posts, the above comes to mind. LOL.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice. Gotta check that out. Hammerfall also released a new song today which sounds like...Hammerfall.

And that's fine by me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yes, I meant to go back to the Hammerfall vid.  Last album was really good.

The F&J is pretty much expected, short and ripping.  Not all that memorable but you couldn't have asked for anything else.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ah okay.  That's just the song, I can't see the video yet either. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
New Motley Crue is better than expected, which was pretty low so maybe not saying much, but I didn't hate it.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought the new Crue was kind of meh. Not a song I see myself going out of my way to play again. But I guess it’s cool that they released a new song.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I thought the new Crue was kind of meh. Not a song I see myself going out of my way to play again. But I guess it’s cool that they released a new song.

Yeah, I'm not hitting play again.  I kind of just wish they'd go away at this point. (and I do consider myself generally a MC fan)

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I'm not hitting play again.  I kind of just wish they'd go away at this point. (and I do consider myself generally a MC fan)

I consider myself an 80s MC fan.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
New Crue song is awful, just like any of their output since New Tattoo.

The new Accept is alright, but it lacks the punch and the songs of the last album.  I don't see myself playing this album very much compared to the other Tornillo albums.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The new Accept is alright, but it lacks the punch and the songs of the last album.  I don't see myself playing this album very much compared to the other Tornillo albums.

I played it at work (as background music), and I'm listening now with headphones, which is a much better listen.

To me, generally, lineups matter, and I've been disappointed that it's now just Wolf left after Herman Frank and (especially) Peter Baltes have fallen off. Neither were on Too Mean To Die, and I love that album. It was a grower, and I suspect this one will be as well.
Andy Sneap has really done a great job of capturing what Accept is all about, and Wolf really is strong enough to pull the whole thing off.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I played it at work (as background music), and I'm listening now with headphones, which is a much better listen.

To me, generally, lineups matter, and I've been disappointed that it's now just Wolf left after Herman Frank and (especially) Peter Baltes have fallen off. Neither were on Too Mean To Die, and I love that album. It was a grower, and I suspect this one will be as well.
Andy Sneap has really done a great job of capturing what Accept is all about, and Wolf really is strong enough to pull the whole thing off.

I have to go into this album with the same mindset.  I didn't really dig TMTD at first but I was surprised how much it grew on me.  I'll check this new one next week.