Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907140 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim sent me Millennium Quest in a roulette years ago, great song.  Still haven't followed this band up much.  Although the song Tiger Punch is sweet.  Whatever the fuck a Tiger punch is.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

I'd like to know a little more on why it took 9 years for this album to come out.  I'm guessing COVID and all that will be the standard answer but even though there was still 5 years between Karma and Better Days, they seemed to be on a bit of a roll. 

I'd also like to know if they have thought about the 9 year gap in relation to the next album.  Would be nice to see them get on a bit of a roll with a few more albums late in their career.

This will be my first question.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
I am tending to believe Mick - he was never one for the limelight and just did his job and then went home while the others all ended up on TMZ. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I am tending to believe Mick - he was never one for the limelight and just did his job and then went home while the others all ended up on TMZ.

Yeah, I lean towards Mick as well.  This came up recently when Carmine Appice spoke (seemingly on behalf of Mick) that Motley Crue's show was not live and Nikki's response to it made me think it was the truth (ignoring the comment and blaming the media). Now Mick basically is confirming that what Carmine said. 

Honestly seems legit.  I was wondering if Nikki was playing at all when I last saw them, but since VInce Neal sounds so bad, I couldn't really fathom how they'd not be playing live and let Vince sound that bad  :lol The whole band seems like a shit show at the moment.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
I'm with Mick as well. Too many of his friends have pretty much corroborated what the lawsuit is saying.

I feel bad for John 5. Such an amazing musician who literally has no business being there but is now tied up in this mess. By no business, I feel it is a huge waste of his talent, and I actually like Motley Crue.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online nick_z

New song from Sacred Outcry, "The Voyage", with Daniel Heiman on vocals (I know there are a few fans here  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GlXopKZ6sw

That was really nice.  Haven't liked much of what he's done since LH (not that there's a lot) but that could be the nicest I've heard since.

What did you think of the Dimhav album (The Boreal Flame) that came out in 2019? I haven't revisited it in a while...I remember it was a little "much" , but I was mildly intrigued...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New song from Sacred Outcry, "The Voyage", with Daniel Heiman on vocals (I know there are a few fans here  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GlXopKZ6sw

That was really nice.  Haven't liked much of what he's done since LH (not that there's a lot) but that could be the nicest I've heard since.

What did you think of the Dimhav album (The Boreal Flame) that came out in 2019? I haven't revisited it in a while...I remember it was a little "much" , but I was mildly intrigued...

Both the Dimhav and Warrior Path albums are pretty good. I mean, they'll never match the magic of Lost Horizon, but if you need a Daniel Heiman fix, they're more than enjoyable.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Never heard of Dimhav to be honest lads, I'll check them out!  The Warrior Path was okay but was just solid and pretty generic to me.  Didn't have much time for them.

Offline Anguyen92

Oh, you guys are already talking about the Motley Crue drama?  Well, since Mars filed the lawsuit, Motley Crue naturally stated that what Mars says is false because of whatever reasons they stated.

https://loudwire.com/motley-crue-statement-mick-mars-lawsuit/

Mars since then counter-stated their statement.  I liked that Loudwire used this line in their title of the article, "I Carried Those Bastards for Years."

https://loudwire.com/mick-mars-blasts-motley-crue-carried-those-bastards-years-interview/

I'm more to incline to believe Mars because even long before he was removed from the band, he seemed to be the only likable person in the band and the best musician of the bunch (and I like Sixx due to his work in Sixx: A.M., but his ego when it comes to certain things is hard to get over.).

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
*flush*

That's better.

EDIT: directed at the band, not the post 🙂
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://youtu.be/7zig9QIpc9Q

New Fifth Angel.  Not bad.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Oh man...I hope they find a way for this band to be more "continuous", for lack of a better word. Their comeback album from 2018 is KILLER!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a pretty solid song - good to see Stratovarius' CGI guy keeps getting work too   
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni

Not familiar with them, but solid song  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Good song.  Obviously a completely different sound from their first two albums in the 80s.  They didn't go retro, and sounds like a continuation of the third album.  Steve is a really good vocalist too.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Not familiar with them, but solid song  :metal

They were swept away by grunge, and came back in 2018, after playing twice on the Keep It True Festival in Germany. This festival is famous for resurrecting small metal acts from the 80s. One of their albums from the early 90's was produced by Terry Brown.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a pretty solid song - good to see Stratovarius' CGI guy keeps getting work too

:lol  Outstanding and on point!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Fans of the old tv show, VH1's That Metal Show, might be happy to learn the three guys (Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson, and Jim Florentine) just announced a new weekly show on youtube called "That Rocks" where they will be talking rock and metal.  I'd guess it will be more like a podcast than the original show though

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://bravewords.com/news/withering-scorn-feat-former-megadeth-king-diamond-fates-warning-members-announce-debut-album-prophets-of-demise-title-track-lyric-video-posted

Interesting lineup for this. The linked track is..solid. A shame this is a Frontiers release, but this will definitely get a listen when it's released.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Solid.  Reminds me a bit of post Carl Albert Vicious Rumors.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Pretty much Eidolon.  Very cool, I liked that.

Online nick_z

Another song from the upcoming Sacred Outcry album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS42Mn1mfEU

Pretty tasty power metal...and Heiman's vocals are quite insane...Looking forward to the full album, for sure.

(Is it me, or you can almost sing Paint It, Black over the first line in each verse?  ;))

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I watched that video the other day but it kicked my ass so much I didn't have the strength to post about it. :lol

The track is the closest thing I've heard him do to Lost Horizon yet. And what an absolutely gorgeous lyric video.

I cannot wait for this album.

Online nick_z

:tup

And absolutely yes to the lyric video...beautiful-looking stuff. In fact, the CD is supposed to have a 24-page booklet with the whole story...if the art is that good, I am tempted...

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
:tup

And absolutely yes to the lyric video...beautiful-looking stuff. In fact, the CD is supposed to have a 24-page booklet with the whole story...if the art is that good, I am tempted...

I'll buy that!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I watched that video the other day but it kicked my ass so much I didn't have the strength to post about it. :lol

The track is the closest thing I've heard him do to Lost Horizon yet. And what an absolutely gorgeous lyric video.

I cannot wait for this album.

Can't wait to check this out tonight.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
As a rule I prefer my power metal to not be a one paced double-kick drumathon (I generally prefer the slower , crunchier tracks from Euro power metal)  , but I did enjoy that.  And Heiman has lost little if any of his vocal prowess which is cool.  Having said that , if the whole album was that pace I'd struggle to last it out.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online nick_z

As a rule I prefer my power metal to not be a one paced double-kick drumathon (I generally prefer the slower , crunchier tracks from Euro power metal)  , but I did enjoy that.  And Heiman has lost little if any of his vocal prowess which is cool.  Having said that , if the whole album was that pace I'd struggle to last it out.

I’m with you on that, in general. Sacred Outcry’s debut definitely wasn’t all helicopter double-kick so I doubt this one will be that way.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Another song from the upcoming Sacred Outcry album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS42Mn1mfEU

Pretty tasty power metal...and Heiman's vocals are quite insane...Looking forward to the full album, for sure.

(Is it me, or you can almost sing Paint It, Black over the first line in each verse?  ;))

Oh yeah, I can get around this, very nice.

I see the whole album has already been uploaded to YouTube 2 hours ago!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Released 39 years ago today (11th May............US time)   :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I still have my picture disc 45 of it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal

What a prude bitch.  Feel sorry for her husband, his sex life was obviously very dull if he even had one.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Didn’t Dee Snider take Tippy to town during a testimony