Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902133 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I stumbled onto this the other week. Absolutely excellent, afaic. Tons of early Maiden worship and fun to be had.

https://youtu.be/IehkMkrIEbw

This should appeal to me, but it didn't.  Didn't like that at all.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I stumbled onto this the other week. Absolutely excellent, afaic. Tons of early Maiden worship and fun to be had.

I'm with ya.  That was bland as shit.  Mind you, I'm just coming off of listening to one of the greatest prog-metal albums of all time (and a Top 10 fave of mine), so my ears may be biased a bit at the moment.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I'm with ya.  That was bland as shit.  Mind you, I'm just coming off of listening to one of the greatest prog-metal albums of all time (and a Top 10 fave of mine), so my ears may be biased a bit at the moment.

Speaking of bland as shit….

;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory

Fair play. Tastes is tastes.  :smiley:

EDIT: Did you get as far as the instrumental break just before the 3 min mark, out of interest? Might be the piece of music that's made me nod my head the hardest this year.  :metal
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:10:55 AM by DoctorAction »
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

EDIT: Did you get as far as the instrumental break just before the 3 min mark, out of interest? Might be the piece of music that's made me nod my head the hardest this year.  :metal

I hadn't, so I just went back to it.  It was better than the verses and chorus, but still largely uneventful for these ears.  TASTESTM!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory

I hadn't, so I just went back to it.  It was better than the verses and chorus, but still largely uneventful for these ears.  TASTESTM!!!

;D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Due to popular demand ( repeated calls to the promoter by some guy who goes by the name "Mr Crowley") Queensryche have announced:

"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
A fucking water park!  :rollin :rollin :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Maybe that's so you can listen to Queensryche and then go for a scuba while Winger are playing Tim.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wait.....WTF?!  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Maybe that's so you can listen to Queensryche and then go for a scuba while Winger are playing Tim.

I'm gonna need a big rubber

raft.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Why is there 5 guys in Winger?  Who is the guy on the right?  I didn't know Joe was now a member!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
And Grillo looks like Eddie's son who he had to drag out of his bedroom that he hasn't left for 3 months just for a photo.

Good to see Stone carrying the vest over from the Tate days.  Lose the cowboy hat though mate.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Why is there 5 guys in Winger?  Who is the guy on the right?  I didn't know Joe was now a member!

Paul Taylor ain't it?   So it's original members plus John Roth.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Paul Taylor ain't it?

It is?!  Jesus, how long has he been back?

EDIT:  2018 according to wiki!

Actually I remember seeing him in that new video.  Man, looks....different.  That's cool though, nice lineup.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Paul Taylor ain't it?

Actually I remember seeing him in that new video.  Man, looks....different.  That's cool though, nice lineup.

He hasn't played on the last couple of albums but I think has been touring with them for the better part of the last decade.......  His looks have changed a lot more than the others yeah

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You guys are officially in the wrong thread.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Paul Taylor ain't it?

He hasn't played on the last couple of albums but I think has been touring with them for the better part of the last decade.......  His looks have changed a lot more than the others yeah

Yeah, crazy that the last album was 9 years ago!  No wonder I had no idea then.  Don't keep up with bands these days unless it's for a new release.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Actually, it seems you are.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Actually, it seems you are.

:blush

Someone let me know when it's safe to come back.  :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Hey, you're the Mr Crowley that kept ringing the promotor it seems!  :biggrin:

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
What went on in my head?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What will Queensryche play?  I mean, Winger could come up with a pretty decent set of older cheesy stuff that could kinda go along with the whole water theme environment but not sure about Queensryche.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

I have an interview with Kip Winger tomorrow. Will try yo ask about this show. I've only seen Winger with Mr. Big  - a much better fit, in my opinion.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have an interview with Kip Winger tomorrow. Will try yo ask about this show. I've only seen Winger with Mr. Big  - a much better fit, in my opinion.

Ask him who he thinks has been the biggest thorn in Winger's side over the course of their career  : 

A) Beavis & Butthead
B) Lars
C) TAC

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Ask him who he thinks has been the biggest thorn in Winger's side over the course of their career  : 

A) Beavis & Butthead
B) Lars
C) TAC

:lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

A) Beavis & Butthead
B) Lars
C) TAC

Not really a fair matchup for Lars and B&B.  They have no chance.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

A) Beavis & Butthead
B) Lars
C) TAC

Not really a fair matchup for Lars and B&B.  They have no chance.

Agreed!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd like to know a little more on why it took 9 years for this album to come out.  I'm guessing COVID and all that will be the standard answer but even though there was still 5 years between Karma and Better Days, they seemed to be on a bit of a roll. 

I'd also like to know if they have thought about the 9 year gap in relation to the next album.  Would be nice to see them get on a bit of a roll with a few more albums late in their career.

Offline nick_z

New song from Sacred Outcry, "The Voyage", with Daniel Heiman on vocals (I know there are a few fans here  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GlXopKZ6sw

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New song from Sacred Outcry, "The Voyage", with Daniel Heiman on vocals (I know there are a few fans here  :))

Oh hell yes! Awesome tune, and I'll be all over this.

Along those lines, here's the new song from Ashrain, featuring Iuri Sanson from the old Hibria albums on vocals.
Pater Baltes from Accept on bass, and Nozomu Wakai on guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCM7sqpJC4o

Album out April 14th!

Offline nick_z

Oh hell yes! Awesome tune, and I'll be all over this.

Their first album was pretty awesome, so I am excited about this!

Along those lines, here's the new song from Ashrain, featuring Iuri Sanson from the old Hibria albums on vocals.
Pater Baltes from Accept on bass, and Nozomu Wakai on guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCM7sqpJC4o

Album out April 14th!

Huh, I have no knowledge of any of this  ;D Anything I should be checking out from Hibria?

THAT bass in the song, by the way! Baltes certainly made sure he could be heard  :biggrin: Good stuff!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:09:55 AM by nick_z »

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Huh, I have no knowledge of any of this  ;D Anything I should be checking out from Hibria?

THAT bass in the song, by the way! Baltes certainly made sure he could be heard  :biggrin: Good stuff!

Their first two albums are amazing. Oh, and speaking of bass, the bass player absolutely slays!

https://open.spotify.com/album/26hAPfcrj7QNjthBsL69Vb?si=ekSQfh_wSvKnvP4oVGOaqw

https://open.spotify.com/album/77fg9J2NUBnEBM2syylkSG?si=uCy9XpMXQNqqv50VbcmJag

Here's a quick hit..Millenium Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIrdtkmMFjs

Offline nick_z

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

That was really nice.  Haven't liked much of what he's done since LH (not that there's a lot) but that could be the nicest I've heard since.