Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 894561 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Bit of an Aussie flavoured mashup for you Kade  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJIIGpuuuYQ

Guitar solo should please you  ;D

I missed this but will check out tonight.

While I'm here, your inbox is full Mr popular!!  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ha!  I actually watched that a couple of weeks ago.  How well Tiptons solo fits in there is quite scary truthfully.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
So I'm listening to Manowar's 80's and 90's material, after never feeling that I needed anything beyond Louder than Hell (THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL... :metal). 

I can't say that there's one album that I feel is truly necessary, but they definitely have some fun songs peppered throughout the albums.  So far, I'm enjoying the Hell on Wheels live album the most, since it pulls most of those good songs together.

Offline Zoom E

So I'm listening to Manowar's 80's and 90's material, after never feeling that I needed anything beyond Louder than Hell (THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL... :metal). 

I can't say that there's one album that I feel is truly necessary, but they definitely have some fun songs peppered throughout the albums.  So far, I'm enjoying the Hell on Wheels live album the most, since it pulls most of those good songs together.

Hail to England and Sign of the Hammer are my favourites, though I haven’t listened to a lot of their later albums.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory

Hail to England and Sign of the Hammer are my favourites, though I haven’t listened to a lot of their later albums.

Hail To England is a perfect metal album, imo. The sound is thick, over-loud and distorted but it works. The songs are great. Viking battle glory, vampires, more battle slaughter, England and metal, metal fans, stupid bass solo, satanic worship. What's not to like?  :metal
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim pimped us the Lightbringer if Sweden when their last album came out.  I thought it was fantastic and go back to it quite often.  Just noticed they have a new one that came up in my YouTube recs.

Haven't listened to it yet though myself.

https://youtu.be/xpmGCUELpmY

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Nice.  I'll give it a spin.  They released a single from this very early last year, and I've been waiting for the album ever since!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yes!! I haven’t had a chance to spin the whole thing but dropping the needle on it, it’s quite easy on the ears.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
Tim pimped us the Lightbringer if Sweden when their last album came out.  I thought it was fantastic and go back to it quite often.  Just noticed they have a new one that came up in my YouTube recs.

Holy shit. Pretty good first song (after the intro). I'll have to listen to this for real this weekend.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Holy shit. Pretty good first song (after the intro). I'll have to listen to this for real this weekend.

Check the first album if you haven't already Brian.

Offline Deathless

Hell yeah! That's a great share, thanks all.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...

Check the first album if you haven't already Brian.

Will do.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline TheSoylentMan

• Nothing ever happens on Mars
Here's something cool I found while thrifting today.  :metal

I had no idea what Foundations Forum was; I'm doing my reading on it. Looks like the previous complation from '88 included a Majesty/DT track.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's cool!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Ditto - some real solid bands/songs on that.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, that's cool as fuck.  There are some awful band names in there though.  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, that's cool as fuck.  There are some awful band names in there though.  :lol

You mean, you don't want to go to the big Joy Thunder, Sleez Beez, Cherri Rocket show??

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

You mean, you don't want to go to the big Joy Thunder, Sleez Beez, Cherri Rocket show??

No, because I'll already be at the Cats in Boots show with support act Toy Roz.

Offline Deathless

It's wild to compare the industry then to what it is now. Back then you had major labels signing all these random rock and metal acts to deals. Today I doubt Elektra or anyone will touch you unless you're already a platinum-selling artist/group.

Very cool share.

Offline TheSoylentMan

• Nothing ever happens on Mars

LOL I know. I showed this to my brother and we had a good laugh about some of band names. Sleez Beez  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Good to hear that Dave Meniketti has been given the  :tup after his prostate cancer treatment and is in remission  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's beautiful news.   :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Coming soon...........................Tim's been waiting almost a decade for this  :metal

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :o  YES MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Found an old home movie from when Wolfking was a little kid..

https://youtube.com/shorts/yI3j6npHZG4?feature=share

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Found an old home movie from when Wolfking was a little kid..

https://youtube.com/shorts/yI3j6npHZG4?feature=share

I never got to pet that fucking goat!  :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
It‘s not a goat, it‘s a goit, whatever that is.  ;)
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It‘s not a goat, it‘s a goit, whatever that is.  ;)

I dunno, but you could probably have it lanced.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
I stumbled onto this the other week. Absolutely excellent, afaic. Tons of early Maiden worship and fun to be had.

https://youtu.be/IehkMkrIEbw

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I stumbled onto this the other week. Absolutely excellent, afaic. Tons of early Maiden worship and fun to be had.

I remember checking them out a few years back and yeah.........they have some good stuff.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline nick_z

Yes! Audrey Horne! Great band...I've sung their praises more than once here on DTF...

This last album of theirs definitely upped the Maiden and NWOBHM influence, but their more recent few are generally very classic rock/metal-oriented. Check out in particular Youngblood and Pure Heavy, they are fantastic.

If you want something a little weirder/more unique, go back a little further and try Le Fol (their second album) and the self-titled (their third)...there is some Faith No More/alternative influence creeping in on those.  All good stuff.

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Nice.  :smiley: Will definitely check more. The whole Devil's Bell album is a hugely satisfying chunk of heavy cheese.

I expect it to be up there with my personal favourite in this category, Spidergawd: https://youtu.be/x6zpDIyb85I