Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 905077 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks Bill, I'll have a crack at those songs.

Have a piss at the movie Twister, the songs Child in Time and Human Beings are amazing

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
I have no idea where Aerosmith gets talked about here, but Joey's wife died. Now we know why he took his recent leave of absence.

https://people.com/music/joey-kramer-wife-linda-dead-3-months-after-drummer-takes-aerosmith-leave-of-absence/
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow, that's awful. Only 55. Damn.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That's sad to hear.  I really like Aerosmith but can't see the band playing too many more shows.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just awful.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening to the first three Def Leppard albums; this was a really heavy band during this time.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Listening to the first three Def Leppard albums; this was a really heavy band during this time.

Well, High n Dry was anyway. But compared to what they make now, it's practically death metal.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Well, High n Dry was anyway. But compared to what they make now, it's practically death metal.

Pyromania is excellent.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Did someone call for me?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Did someone call for me?

You're Foolin if anyone likes that death metal shit.

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
I was driving home from picking up my daughter at her summer camp yesterday and Dream On came on the radio.  I found myself wondering when we'd eventually lose some of these guys from Aerosmith...Steven Tyler is already 74, though you wouldn't ever know it by looking at him. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Did someone call for me?

You're Foolin if anyone likes that death metal shit.

:metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
haha

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
That Early Years set that Def Lep put out is gold, in my opinion. The concert alone is worth the price. I mentioned in their thread that it was probably the heaviest I ever heard them. So glad they put that thing out.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The first three DL albums are classic but I really enjoy Hysteria too.

Online ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face

They cease to exist for me after Hysteria. I bought the next album only to sell it and never looked back (forward?). I really wonder how things would've turned out had Steve not died. Wonder if they would've wussed out like they did or if he would have helped them keep a bit of an edge.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

They cease to exist for me after Hysteria. I bought the next album only to sell it and never looked back (forward?). I really wonder how things would've turned out had Steve not died. Wonder if they would've wussed out like they did or if he would have helped them keep a bit of an edge.

Yeah totally agree with you PP.........first 3 three DL albums are kick ass, Hysteria was clearly the album for money and women which I respect, havent paid much attention to them since then.  I did listen to a Classic Rewind show on Sirius a few weeks ago which was pretty good.... 90% first 4 albums
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:44:37 PM by jjrock88 »

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

They completely jumped the shark with Make Love Like a Man.  What a horrible, HORRIBLE, piece of trash that is.  There are the odd gems after Hysteria, but yeah... I don't even think I bought that album.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Make Love Like A Man?  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg1ogWFqedA

Bet you don't last 60 seconds.  Double entendre notwithstanding.  (the lyrics in) This song is 3-bag ugly.  I really don't know which is worse, this, or Let's Get Rocked - actually, I do... it's the latter*.  At least MLLaM has some tolerable riffs and melodies - the lyrics are just so brutal (and not in a good way). 

* "Let's get the rock out of here".   :lol  They sure fucking did!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Bet you don't last 60 seconds.  Double entendre notwithstanding.  (the lyrics in) This song is 3-bag ugly.  I really don't know which is worse, this, or Let's Get Rocked - actually, I do... it's the latter*.  At least MLLaM has some tolerable riffs and melodies - the lyrics are just so brutal (and not in a good way). 

I remember bagging Let's Get Rocked in Deadeye's thread but I seemed to be the odd one out.  I think it majorly blows and sucks
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I remember bagging Let's Get Rocked in Deadeye's thread but I seemed to be the odd one out.  I think it majorly blows and sucks

It's quite possibly the worst lyrics I've ever heard.  And I'm not exaggerating.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Let's Get Rocked!?  :rollin

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, that's fucking horrid.  Not even an attempted solo anywhere in sight.  Collin is a shit guitarist anyway but fuck.

The way Elliot sings that song it sounds like he's ducked embarrassed to sing, like he's trying to stop the words coming out of his mouth.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 02:53:31 PM by wolfking »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
That Early Years set that Def Lep put out is gold, in my opinion. The concert alone is worth the price. I mentioned in their thread that it was probably the heaviest I ever heard them. So glad they put that thing out.

I second this; it's basically the only Def Leppard I listen to at this point (except for the Hysteria b-sides).

Oh, and I too found "Let's Get Rocked" silly.  I'm not a huge fan of the "We're ROCKERS and we're gonna ROCK" type songs anyway, but that's a new level of cringe-worthy. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
I have no idea where Aerosmith gets talked about here, but Joey's wife died. Now we know why he took his recent leave of absence.

https://people.com/music/joey-kramer-wife-linda-dead-3-months-after-drummer-takes-aerosmith-leave-of-absence/

I'm going to see the Fenway show in September; Aerosmith with Extreme opening.  The show has been postponed I think 47 times so far, so we'll see, but I'm sort of excited about it. I've heard great things about the new Extreme record (I don't know if they will play anything at a show like that) and no matter what I feel about Aerosmith on record these day (they haven't put out a record I really, really like since Pump, though I like parts of Nine Lives) they have always been very good in my experience.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
Collin is a shit guitarist anyway but fuck.

Tell me more. I'm not saying I don't agree, but he's been one of those guys that defies logic for me. I don't know how to rank him. Like, he SHOULD be good, but it's not like I can point to "hey, listen to that solo on Highway Star" or whatever kind of good.  Even in the style of music he plays, if he's "good" you should be able to tell (see Blackmore in Rainbow) but it has eluded me all these years. 

He does have great abs, though. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Tell me more. I'm not saying I don't agree, but he's been one of those guys that defies logic for me. I don't know how to rank him. Like, he SHOULD be good, but it's not like I can point to "hey, listen to that solo on Highway Star" or whatever kind of good.  Even in the style of music he plays, if he's "good" you should be able to tell (see Blackmore in Rainbow) but it has eluded me all these years. 

I think that's the thing.  I'm not a DL fan in the slightest but I guess I haven't heard him really do anything, and the little bits I have heard seem some novice like.  That little solo in Photograph comes to mind.  Just so simple.

But yes, I'd kill for his abs.  Who gives a fuck how you play when you have a washboard like that.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I think that's the thing.  I'm not a DL fan in the slightest but I guess I haven't heard him really do anything, and the little bits I have heard seem some novice like.  That little solo in Photograph comes to mind.  Just so simple.

But yes, I'd kill for his abs.  Who gives a fuck how you play when you have a washboard like that.

Certainly not the ladies.

Offline Lowdz

I second this; it's basically the only Def Leppard I listen to at this point (except for the Hysteria b-sides).

Oh, and I too found "Let's Get Rocked" silly.  I'm not a huge fan of the "We're ROCKERS and we're gonna ROCK" type songs anyway, but that's a new level of cringe-worthy.

I’ve never had a problem with this album. Both the songs mentioned here are meant to be tongue in cheek, fun songs, not poetry. They had similar shit lyrics on the previous album, let’s face it.  Women, Rocket, Animal, PSSOM, Armageddon It…

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Armageddon It?!  :lol

Offline Lowdz

How is this news to you?  :omg:
It’s sold a billion albums 😂😂😂

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

How is this news to you?  :omg:
It’s sold a billion albums 😂😂😂

I told you all, I've never really followed them at all besides the hit songs.

I sampled one of the early albums Tim recommended and that was actually pretty good, apart from that, yeah nothing.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I’ve never had a problem with this album. Both the songs mentioned here are meant to be tongue in cheek, fun songs, not poetry. They had similar shit lyrics on the previous album, let’s face it.  Women, Rocket, Animal, PSSOM, Armageddon It…

I don't disagree, but they took it to a whole new level with 'Make Love ..' and Let's Get Rocked.  I get it, they aren't Neil Peart, but ffs, put a little effort into it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening to that Make Love Like A Man song, to me it doesn't really come across as tongue in cheek, it seems kinda serious.