Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 905008 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I've never actually seen anyone have a stroke before.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That face contortion is just unbearable. I really can't watch it.

:lol  I know hey, like a car crash.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I've never actually seen anyone have a stroke before.

:lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://youtu.be/rXNUhyaPWU0?t=76

More like You Give Singing A Bad Name..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Ok guys, so here's a who'd you rather (listen to) for 2022 .... Vince Neil, or Jon Bon Jovi.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
At least Vince Neil will make me laugh.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
At least Vince Neil will make me laugh.

The YT comments are where the real humour is.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I can't believe people actually bought tickets to this Bon Jovi tour. That place was packed. Those tickest couldn't have been cheap.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I can't believe people actually bought tickets to this Bon Jovi tour. That place was packed. Those tickest couldn't have been cheap.

I paid $10 for a "stadium filler" offer to see Bon Jovi 5 or 6 years ago and wanted my money back afterwards  :lol , so it's not as if this had just happened all of sudden.  He has got away with similar for a very long time , but it's finally reached the point where his teflon skin isn't enough to stop the criticism. I seriously think half any given crowd is tone deaf and hardly notice....and he could tour for another 10 years and his female fans wouldn't give a shit.  .  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 05:20:55 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The thing is, he's not even moving about the stage gracefully. He looks like he's in pain. He's not that old.

Offline nick_z

Yeah, I mean, this seems to be much worse than just his voice being shot...It's definitely true that he's been struggling vocally for a while now, but there seems to be something more serious going on.

Purely based on these videos, perhaps the band shouldn't be touring? I feel for him, but this seems to a point where it's not 100% fair to the paying fans...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

His timing also is just atrocious.  He's definitely had a stroke or something, surely.

Not sure who his guitarist is now but he's pretty solid at least.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I paid $10 for a "stadium filler" offer to see Bon Jovi 5 or 6 years ago and wanted my money back afterwards  :lol , so it's not as if this had just happened all of sudden.  He has got away with similar for a very long time , but it's finally reached the point where his teflon skin isn't enough to stop the criticism. I seriously think half any given crowd is tone deaf and hardly notice....and he could tour for another 10 years and his female fans wouldn't give a shit.  .  :biggrin:

$10.  :lol  You were right to want your money back.

I mean, I guess it wouldn't be as noticeable when you're there but it's incredible how packed it is and people still are enjoying it.  You're right though, the female fans couldn't care less.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

His timing also is just atrocious.  He's definitely had a stroke or something, surely.

The guitarist is Phil X and he is better than solid.

Actually one of my few memories of that $10 concert is that the biggest crowd response was when Phil took over the mic and sang You Shook Me All Night Long  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I meant solid.....not like.......what we call solid.  :lol

EDIT:  Ah, I see the guy you're referring to Brent.  I was referring to the other fella that played the solo on that vid Tim posted.  Haven't seen this Phil guy play I don't think.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Actually one of my few memories of that $10 concert is that the biggest crowd response was when Phil took over the mic and sang You Shook Me All Night Long :lol

So...not even a Bon Jovi song? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Actually one of my few memories of that $10 concert is that the biggest crowd response was when Phil took over the mic and sang You Shook Me All Night Long :lol

So...not even a Bon Jovi song? :lol

Do you blame him?  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Have you all heard of the band 21 Guns? Formed by Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy, etc) in the early 90's. Their first album is really, really good. I've been listening to it this morning and it's been an enjoyable album thus far. Going to check out the others later today.

I forgot to respond to this but yeah..........at least a couple of us would've owned this since around the time of release.

I think These Eyes is one of the hugest sounding melodic rock ballads of all time and there's probably another few songs I really liked.  But also more than a few fillers I wasn't rapt in.  But it's got a hell of a production on it and it's a shame that Tom La Verdi didn't do more .  One of those albums that was released into the teeth of the grunge headwind and it's a bit of a "cult classic" to some.  Plenty of great melodic rock/metal albums released in 92 that were dropped like a hot potato by their record labels.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
ooohhh... we're getting very close to 400 pages.   :hefdaddy

Offline Lowdz

I meant solid.....not like.......what we call solid.  :lol

EDIT:  Ah, I see the guy you're referring to Brent.  I was referring to the other fella that played the solo on that vid Tim posted.  Haven't seen this Phil guy play I don't think.

He does a tone perfect EVH impression that is worth seeing. He can sing too. Too good for Bon Jovi these days (see what I did there ?😁😁)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Have you all heard of the band 21 Guns? Formed by Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy, etc) in the early 90's. Their first album is really, really good. I've been listening to it this morning and it's been an enjoyable album thus far. Going to check out the others later today.

I forgot to respond to this but yeah..........at least a couple of us would've owned this since around the time of release.

I think These Eyes is one of the hugest sounding melodic rock ballads of all time and there's probably another few songs I really liked.  But also more than a few fillers I wasn't rapt in.  But it's got a hell of a production on it and it's a shame that Tom La Verdi didn't do more .  One of those albums that was released into the teeth of the grunge headwind and it's a bit of a "cult classic" to some.  Plenty of great melodic rock/metal albums released in 92 that were dropped like a hot potato by their record labels.

I am also just getting to this. I've never owned this, but I've sampled it a few times over the years. It was great to see Gorham in a project, but honestly, this is a nothing album. It is just so run of the mill.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not a hard pimp by any means, but I've been digging this album:

I think the number one thing on my wishlist each week on New Music Fridays is to simply find a nice hard rock/metal album. This doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything but I've spun it 4 or 5 times in the last couple of weeks and have been enjoying it very much.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Let's get this badboy up to 400 pages

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Where you been, man?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Holy fuck!!  Jason is back!!!?!?!?!!?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm back baby, I'm back

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
What's new with 70's/80's rock?

Offline Lowdz

Where you been, man?

Fuck yes! We missed you man. You well?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm trying to be the 400th post............how many more until then?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Any Wildranger updates?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What's new with 70's/80's rock?

We've been waiting for you to come back and tell us brother?!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Any fkn Wildranger updates?

I think he got banned for his stupid threads?!  Maybe, or he just disappeared I think lol.