Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907222 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That guy makes Winger look cool. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

If that's not of interest then I'm sure this will be  :lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd1Sn1igFNV/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

I just found the reason why I'm still alive.  It's the Brett Michaels diamond fold.  And he even showed me for free.  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Holy shit! Ozzy/Randy footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHP6ROtnqeI

Chilling!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

I’m halfway through the new Schenker album and is very good. Enjoying this a lot.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Another classic Vince Neil subtitle video - some of the comments underneath gave me a laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTJ8OWcFmCk
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
True... some of those comments were gold.  But I'm thinking the music was dubbed.  There were a lot of shots where the drum audio and video did not match at all - particularly coming out of the solo.  I wonder if the band really does sound decent, or if they're all just a trainwreck.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Who would pay money for that?

Offline Setlist Scotty

Holy shit! Ozzy/Randy footage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHP6ROtnqeI

Chilling!
Thanks for sharing. At about 6:04 into the video, you see history being made: the moment the photo that ended up being the cover for the Randy Rhoads Tribute album was taken!
https://youtu.be/aHP6ROtnqeI?t=364

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribute_(Ozzy_Osbourne_album)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
True... some of those comments were gold.  But I'm thinking the music was dubbed.  There were a lot of shots where the drum audio and video did not match at all - particularly coming out of the solo.  I wonder if the band really does sound decent, or if they're all just a trainwreck.

Yeah.........the music did sound touched up at the very least.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Jeez, I didn't realize all of these album covers were done by the same guy..

https://bravewords.com/news/kiss-rainbow-manowar-artist-ken-kelly-dead-at-76

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

New Stratovarius pretty good

https://youtu.be/deL5dM9csNc

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I thought it was awful. The chorus sounded like video game music.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought it was awful. The chorus sounded like video game music.

:lol  Found that funny for some reason.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Alec John Such RIP. Dead at 70.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Not sure who this is.

Offline nick_z

Not sure who this is.

Original Bon Jovi bass player...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Oh, that sucks.  :'(

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Sad to hear that.  He seems to have been a fairly silent member of the band in terms of writing etc......but , coincidence or not , his departure coincided with them becoming shite.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline The Realm

Very sad to hear Alex has passed away. He was always in the background but did a solid job on the bass.

On a related topic, anyone heard Jon Bon Jovi 'sing' lately? He has completely lost the ability to correctly hold a note, no idea what is going on, seems to be some serious issue with his technique apart from anything else....

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah we discussed Bon Jovi's vocals not long ago somewhere, maybe here.  Yeah, he's completely fucked.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah we discussed Bon Jovi's vocals not long ago somewhere, maybe here.  Yeah, he's completely fucked.

previous page

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol  Well there you go.  That shows less about me and more about the lack of good hard rock getting released lately.

Offline The Realm

Apologies, I missed the previous Bon Jovi singing discussion. As someone who does a bit of singing, I do find this deterioration fascinating. The video where he actually stops singing (the very detuned) Wanted Dead or Alive and starts again is just so bad! He is kind of whispering and then making all kind of facial contortions to get a sound out, just not good in any way..

Online DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
Sorry to hear about Alec. They were the band that got me into rock in the first place... You Give A Love Bad Name was the first rock record I bought.

In general classic rock terms, Spidergawd VI is still pumping me up on a regular basis. Fantastic album.

https://open.spotify.com/album/70EGqcOMAJCLlVfKXSYZtT?si=eCSP9-OcTC-Uvoijwt5ygg&utm_source=copy-link

And one other I recently discovered - that isn't quite classic rock/metal but has a lot of retro vibe and metal touches - reminds me of a heavy BÖC in places - is Kaleidobolt:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2nHH8FJgi3ZiBWCgPHCAzK?si=5GUThl86TmKz8nryAwAIEg&utm_source=copy-link
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Apologies, I missed the previous Bon Jovi singing discussion. As someone who does a bit of singing, I do find this deterioration fascinating. The video where he actually stops singing (the very detuned) Wanted Dead or Alive and starts again is just so bad! He is kind of whispering and then making all kind of facial contortions to get a sound out, just not good in any way..

Oh wow, haven't seen this one.  Got a link?

Offline The Realm

Sorry, at work and can't access youtube etc but if you search on youtube for: Bon Jovi Wanted Dead or Alive Nashville 4.30.22. Check it out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry, at work and can't access youtube etc but if you search on youtube for: Bon Jovi Wanted Dead or Alive Nashville 4.30.22. Check it out.

Lol, he needed to detune lower.  It's painful watching him try and sing that.

In the video description it says best show of the tour.  Lol, fuck me.

Offline Deathless

Have you all heard of the band 21 Guns? Formed by Scott Gorham (Thin Lizzy, etc) in the early 90's. Their first album is really, really good. I've been listening to it this morning and it's been an enjoyable album thus far. Going to check out the others later today.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth

This is as bad as it gets. And the beginning of that song isn't that hard to sing. Seems like he can't sing at all anymore.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline The Realm

This is as bad as it gets. And the beginning of that song isn't that hard to sing. Seems like he can't sing at all anymore.

Yeah, it is very sad really. The way he starts off with that whisper type vocal suggests he has absolute zero confidence of getting a correct sound out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah, it is very sad really. The way he starts off with that whisper type vocal suggests he has absolute zero confidence of getting a correct sound out.

And the way he has to contort his face for the 'only the names will change,' line which is just horrid and hard to watch, especially with what comes out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I've watched a number of videos from this tour, and he is a train wreck. It's unbeleivable.

Offline The Realm

That face contortion is just unbearable. I really can't watch it.