Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908217 times)

Offline nick_z

Although I quoted you, the comment was directed to Nick mostly.

:blush :blush :blush :blush :blush

:) :)

I'm a sucker for some good Iron Maiden worship, so I'll be sure to give Monument a try

Offline jammindude

Saw this on a new album ticker..

Dorothy-Gifts From The Holy Ghost

Here's a video to the song Rest In Peace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg2P3MH5WYs

Pretty standard musically, but holy shit she has an amazing voice! Gonna check out the rest of the album and will report back..

That song was so country I thought it was gonna marry its cousin.

:lol

Country? :lol

If you don’t hear the country in that song, then you haven’t heard modern country.

She’s got a good voice, but I really don’t care for that “waitin all day for a Sunday night [football]” type of modern country rock style.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Hope it was a banger of a date, Brent.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks mate..................if I'm honest it was pretty average.  Been laid up with neck/back issues so spent the first half of the day cold packing and loading up on painkillers and the second half of the day working.

Meanwhile it was a public holiday (for most) and the rest of the family went out and had a great day at the football   Something not right there  :lol

Lots of nice messages though which put a smile on my dial  :tup
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh shit it’s Brent’s birthday?!!

Happy Birthday, Brother!!!!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks mate..................if I'm honest it was pretty average.  Been laid up with neck/back issues so spent the first half of the day cold packing and loading up on painkillers and the second half of the day working.

Meanwhile it was a public holiday (for most) and the rest of the family went out and had a great day at the football   Something not right there  :lol

Lots of nice messages though which put a smile on my dial  :tup

Shit, sorry I missed it mate!  All the best.

And hey, what's wrong with the footy?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks Tim and Kade  :)

Nothing..........I was referrring to the family going out and having a great time on my birthday and me staying at home icepacking my back and working.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks Tim and Kade  :)

Nothing..........I was referrring to the family going out and having a great time on my birthday and me staying at home icepacking my back and working.

Ah yeah.....that's actually a pretty fair point!  :lol

Offline nick_z

Oh shit it’s Brent’s birthday?!!

Happy Birthday, Brother!!!!

Ah! Happy Birthday from me too! I'm kinda new here, but this is your thread and it seems to me it's only fair to celebrate the host  :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Brent is a living legend, Nick. Not sure if the links are still active but his podcasts in the OP are outstanding.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Brent is a living legend, Nick. Not sure if the links are still active but his podcasts in the OP are outstanding.

Yes, and we are still waiting anxiously for the next one!  ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Appreciate the sentiments guys..............they're more popular now than when I was doing them  :lol   Who knows...........I might need to survey you guys and create a podcast of the best of the last few years for my own benefit seeing as I've been off the grid.  Would need to remember how to do it all though.

Thanks Nick and Bolsters (good to see you back around)

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Sharing here a brand new interview I did with Rachel Bolan of Skid Riw:

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-rachel-bolan/

Offline Deathless

Michael Schenker did a Rainbow tribute song with Michael Kiske singing and the Rainbow rising rhythm section of Bob Daisley and Bob Rondinelli. I haven't checked out as much MSG lately but may need to check this upcoming album out...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tW4UqC16nvM

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 07:32:50 AM by Deathless »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Michael Schenker did a Rainbow tribute song with Michael Kiske singing and the Rainbow rising rhythm section of Bob Daisley and Bob Rondinelli. I haven't checked out as much MSG lately but may need to check this upcoming album out...

Moving to the UFO Thread.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Deathless, lyrically, it's actually a tribute to Ronnie Dio. We've been talking about it in the UFO Discography Thread. Mind you, Schenker has no idea what any of his songs are about. :lol

Offline Lowdz

Appreciate the sentiments guys..............they're more popular now than when I was doing them  :lol   Who knows...........I might need to survey you guys and create a podcast of the best of the last few years for my own benefit seeing as I've been off the grid.  Would need to remember how to do it all though.

The software is probably 4 or 5 generations further on it’s been that long .. should be a piece of piss 😁😁

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The software is probably 4 or 5 generations further on it’s been that long .. should be a piece of piss 😁😁

The way it's going, Ben will be running the podcast with his own son at this rate!  ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

The way it's going, Ben will be running the podcast with his own son at this rate!  ;D

10/10 ... would listen.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

10/10 ... would listen.

Plenty of Judas Priest so I'm set!  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

10/10 ... would listen.

That's the problem though. It'd just be 10 of us...but it'd be ALL 10 of us! :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni

Wrong thread. This belongs in the soft cock thread.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Wrong thread. This belongs in the soft cock thread.

Stop trolling or I’m going back to the golf thread to blow you guys up.

Offline gazinwales

They totally nailed this one, sounds more Rainbow than Rainbow and MS does a great Richie Blackmore impression.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Riot V played a show in Houston last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXEEKgAkKDU

Todd Michael Hall  :hefdaddy

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Riot V played a show in Houston last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXEEKgAkKDU

Todd Michael Hall  :hefdaddy

:metal

I notice Flyntz has ended up in another one of those endless Frontiers project bands

I got a laugh this morning out of this Facebook post from Blabbermouth and comment from our friends in Teramaze  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :rollin

Brent, what project is Flyntz involved with?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Cleanbreak

https://youtu.be/k0UOjYvW7MI

Certainly not the worst thing on Frontiers

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cleanbreak

Janick on bass?

That's not bad. Is this out? *checks Spotify* Nope, just the single.

I'm happy to see Mike Flyntz appear out of nowhere on this. Looking forward to this.

Flyntz crushes that solo.
The drummer is a fucking poser though. Drumsticks on an airplane? GTFO! :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
It's Perry Richardson (Firehouse/Stryper) on bass and the poser is Robert Sweet from Stryper.   :lol  Stryper seem to have been added to Frontiers roster of "house" players.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's cool. Hopefully Flyntz balls this up a bit.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cleanbreak

I'll check this later.  Flyntz is a really solid guitarist.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cleanbreak

I'll check this later.  Flyntz is a really solid guitarist.

I'm a big fan, so this project will get some extra rope from me, but this track was more than solid enough.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Cleanbreak

This actually reminds me of when Frontiers were putting out solid melodic rock.  Good song.

Not gonna lie, for some reason, I thought Flyntz was the long hired guitarist in Riot.  This guy who is actually Mike Flyntz can rip it up.