Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907883 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Lol, Tim, WTF?!  That blew ass chunks!  :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I saw that pop up in my FB feed, and was gonna give 'er a go.  I'm a big fan of Neuhauser, so I was looking forward to spinning it.  Guess I'll be the tiebreaker.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

So...that's a no? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Better than sucking ass chunks I guess.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

So...that's a no? :lol

A big fat one 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
It wasn’t terrible  I didn’t watch the video, so I’m referring to song quality only.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Mercenary - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU23X1CChGA

I dig it.

Jeez, it's about time.  Through Our Darkest Days was incredible and this song follows suit.  Good stuff.

Online gazinwales

Jani Liimatainen - 'All Dreams Are Born to Die' with Tony Kakko lead vocals
https://youtu.be/JlPgjJ3Q648

Offline Lowdz

Jani Liimatainen - 'All Dreams Are Born to Die' with Tony Kakko lead vocals
https://youtu.be/JlPgjJ3Q648

That’s better than that total shite Tim posted 😁

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Finally getting around to spinning the Tony Martin CD.  3 songs in and WTF, no guitar solos?!  >:(

EDIT:  Okay, some leads on track 4, hopefully it keeps going.

Offline Lowdz

There’s a new Sword album coming later this year

https://www.themetalvoice.com/post/new-sword-studio-album-will-be-released-in-fall-2022-says-singer-rick-hughes?fbclid=IwAR1wadS0VjV3FBv676t_9T2-WmKg_65VDWvL2PLgnH8Ox4wSlY0zxSfZQCQ

Also, I listened to a YouTube video of the Persian Risk albums from a few years ago that sounded like they were re-records of old tracks. I never reabothered with them back in the day but really enjoyed it. Will have to pick those albums up.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I listened to Bark At The Moon today. I listen to it about once a month, which is far more regularly than any other Ozzy album. I love this album, and it really gets me going. Is it blasphemous to not list one of the Randy albums as a Top Ozzy album, because I feel like Bark At the Moon has overtaken the #1 spot.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline nick_z

So I listened to Bark At The Moon today. I listen to it about once a month, which is far more regularly than any other Ozzy album. I love this album, and it really gets me going. Is it blasphemous to not list one of the Randy albums as a Top Ozzy album, because I feel like Bark At the Moon has overtaken the #1 spot.

Looks like I'm stalking you on your Ozzy-related posts, but I promise it's just random  ;D

Bark at the Moon was my first Ozzy, and on certain days it might still be my favorite too. Amazing, amazing album. And speaking of top Ozzy songs, Waiting for Darkness would no doubt be one of them for me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 07:40:01 PM by nick_z »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Looks like I'm stalking you on your Ozzy-related posted, but I promise it's just random  ;D

Bark at the Moon was my first Ozzy, and on certain days it might still be my favorite too. Amazing, amazing album. And speaking of top Ozzy songs, Waiting for Darkness would no doubt be one of them for me.

Meet you in the other thread! :lol

Offline nick_z

Looks like I'm stalking you on your Ozzy-related posted, but I promise it's just random  ;D

Meet you in the other thread! :lol

I just did  :lol

Online MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
DAMPF - The Other Side (Official Music Video)

This is a bit diffrent, i'm not sure how many that's familiar with E-Type. He did a bunch of popular eurodance songs during the 90s. He's now started a metal band.  :lol

Honestly, not to shabby.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Randy Rhoads died 40 years ago today. Damn.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Yeah........tragedy.

I started with Jake era and worked my way back, but the year I bought Randy Rhoads Tribue I listened to almost nothing else the whole year  :hefdaddy
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Damn.  :(

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I just sat and watched this entire 80 minute set from Saxon at Bloodstock 2021.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzCq9bI0OMs

I must say that besides the mighty Saxon, this might literally be one of the best filmed and edited concert videos I've ever seen. And the mix, while the bass is a tad low, pans each guitarist to each ear.

Fucking Biff Byford. Lots of chatter about James Labrie on the DT side of the forum, but Biff is like 15 years older.
 :hefdaddy

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I finally went out and picked up the new Saxon yesterday.  Can't wait to rip into it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So I just sat and watched this entire 80 minute set from Saxon at Bloodstock 2021.

I must say that besides the mighty Saxon, this might literally be one of the best filmed and edited concert videos I've ever seen. And the mix, while the bass is a tad low, pans each guitarist to each ear.

Fucking Biff Byford. Lots of chatter about James Labrie on the DT side of the forum, but Biff is like 15 years older.

I'll have a squizz at a couple of songs tonight.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Flicked through a couple of songs.  Biff sounds amazing.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll have a squizz at a couple of songs tonight.

:zydarscouch:

Offline Deathless

I had no expectations/context when I saw this, but the new Michael Monroe single is catchy! A fun song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ_nJuDkQf0&t=210s

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I had no expectations/context when I saw this, but the new Michael Monroe single is catchy! A fun song.

EDIT:

Wow, that was nice. What a great songwriter. That dude can write a chorus. I love Michael Monroe. He's the real deal, and has built an amazing post Hanoi Rocks career and discography.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 05:03:45 PM by TAC »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't think I know a single thing from this guy.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I don't think I know a single thing from this guy.

I wouldn't recommend him to you.

He was the singer of Hanoi Rocks back in the 80's. Their drummer was the guy killed in the Vince Neil drunk driving accident.

I liked Hanoi Rocks as a kid, and remember when that happened. Michael Monroe plays an LA sleaze rock style that I don't think you'd care for. But what I like about him is that he's fucking real. And a  lifer. He's had a consistent band for years now and they're tight AF. Just good barroom/rock club music. Hits a spot for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll have a listen to that link tonight at least mate and report back.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'll have a listen to that link tonight at least mate and report back.

Cool. If you can make it past the first couple of lines, you should be ok. :lol

Here's couple of cool tracks..Last Train To Tokyo

Old King's Road

Goin' Down With The Ship

He's kind of a mix of late 70's punk and LA Glam.
The dude will be 60 in a couple of months. He looks 80! :lol But hey, you gotta respect that.

He's from Finland.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 07:59:38 PM by TAC »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Made it to the end of the first chorus.  I thought this was horrible.

Tim good call, not for me.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

So is chlamydia.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D