Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902114 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hanging in there mate , but it's a month to month thing.  How many people are going to get jack of in person...............online..........in person...........not sure etc....., so there's never any certainty about anything and you spend half your life updating customers about the latest changes and hoping they read their emails etc....  I am glad to be getting back outside cos after a few weeks of 14hrs a day in front of a screen I'm having issues with dizziness , eye strain etc..

No kidding mate.  Kudos to you for still being in the game.  The uncertainty from a week to week viewpoint would be beyond stressful I'm sure.

Keeping up with all the COVID updates and restrictions is a full time job in itself, not to mention the people that can't take it seriously.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

Hanging in there mate , but it's a month to month thing.  How many people are going to get jack of in person...............online..........in person...........not sure etc....., so there's never any certainty about anything and you spend half your life updating customers about the latest changes and hoping they read their emails etc....  I am glad to be getting back outside cos after a few weeks of 14hrs a day in front of a screen I'm having issues with dizziness , eye strain etc..

We’ve got a government who don’t give a fuck now and are just happy for everyone to die, especially if they don’t contribute.

That same government employs me though, so I don’t have to worry about paying bills. Must be tough. I’d stay away from the Yngwie album for now!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just had a listen to the new Yngwie.  I'm actually surprised, and while it helped to have zero expectations, I thought this was pretty damn enjoyable.  Same licks over and over, but it kind of held my attention the whole way through.  The vocal songs are quite catchy and Yngwie sounds pretty shit when you compare him to past vocalists, but he's not awful.  The production isn't that bad either, sounds similar to me to the Doogie albums truthfully, maybe a bit rougher and muddier, but it's fine.  I'm surprised, getting a real KICK out of this one;

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So the same vocal melodies over the same five licks..........I am racing out to buy as I type!

Actually, this isn't far off the truth.

Offline Lowdz

Yeah, I think I said before, he’s making a big deal out of spending a year making the album but 10 months of that was auto tuning the vocals 😁

Offline Lowdz

Just stumbled across this on YouTube and really enjoyed it. Has Ben Jackson from Crimson Glory, and it’s very much in the vein of the first two CG albums.

https://youtu.be/AGjtE4Yj4uI

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Just stumbled across this on YouTube and really enjoyed it. Has Ben Jackson from Crimson Glory, and it’s very much in the vein of the first two CG albums.

That album was definitely mentioned in a podcast.  It does have a diehard following out there as a bit of an underground classic.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

That album was definitely mentioned in a podcast.  It does have a diehard following out there as a bit of an underground classic.

Yeah well... we're fogeys - you can't expect us to remember that far back!   :biggrin:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Yeah well... we're fogeys - you can't expect us to remember that far back!   :biggrin:

Feel the burn!!! One way of saying it’s been too long. I think there are probably some mitigating circumstances for that though  ::)

I mentioned on the what album are you listening to that Brent would pop up to say it was on a podcast 😁.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
 ;D ;)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline cfmoran13

So, apparently Rudy Sarzo is returning to Quiet Riot in 2022.  Frankie Banali wanted a "founding member" back in the band.  Kinda funny considering Rudy wasn't a founding member.  Wasn't he like the 3rd bassist in the band?!?  How much longer are they gonna beat this dead horse?!?  I think it's time to put QR out to pasture.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Quiet Riot has been dead for decades now anyway. I've always said, I'll never behoove anyone from making a living, so if that's what Rudy needs to do (I doubt it), then so be it. But I am not interested in the slightest.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't have any real interest in the band these days (Dubrow was irreplaceable) but I don't see an issue with Sarzo being considered an original member.  He's as much an original member as Michael Anthony was in Van Halen and was in the band before Randy Rhoads left which is early, early days.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Having a listen now as I'm in the office solo.  This is really good.  I get more of Queensryche feel with some early FW too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I have a major announcement to make!

When listing my Top 10 bands I usually go something like this..

1a. UFO/Michael Schenker
1b. Dream Theater
1c. Iron Maiden
4. Alice Cooper
5. All things Dio
6. Thin Lizzy
7. Kiske Era Helloween

and then it's kind of fluid..

Flotsam & Jetsam
Armored Saint
Metallica
Accept

I am making a major adjustment to my rankings!

1a. UFO/Michael Schenker
1b. Dream Theater
1c. Iron Maiden
4. Alice Cooper
5. Helloween
6. Thin Lizzy

Due to finding my love of the Andi Deris Era over the last few years, it is music that I cannot live without. Things would've been a lot different if Time Of the Oath was their first album out of the gate and not Master Of The Rings.

Anyway..

:metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm glad you've finally embraced this amazing era Tim.  So many great albums, so much great metal.  :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Coming to the coolest fucking thread on the internet for Post #50,000!

DTF is my second family and you guys are the greatest.

Tim

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Congrats Tim, that's a massive effort!  :metal

Here's to 100000.  :yarr

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Coming to the coolest fucking thread on the internet for Post #50,000!

DTF is my second family and you guys are the greatest.

Tim

:ruben:

:biggrin:

This place wouldn't be the same with out you.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Words cannot express just how amazing this album is. This band ended way too soon.

Offline Lowdz

It’s a belter all right.

And congrats on 50 000.
I’m the John Myung around here obviously 😁

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That Lost Horizon album is an absolute power metal classic.  One of the most amazing vocal performances ever also.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It’s a belter all right.

And congrats on 50 000.

Are you saying Tim is MP then?  ;D

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That Lost Horizon album is an absolute power metal classic.  One of the most amazing vocal performances ever also.

I know you're working on a new Top 50, but if I ever did another one, this album will definitely be added.

It’s a belter all right.

And congrats on 50 000.

Forever more, into the night, blistering.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I know you're working on a new Top 50, but if I ever did another one, this album will definitely be added.

These are some of the sorts of albums I'll be looking through again though.  Ones that somehow missed the first list but classic records that I have some attachment to that deliver over and over again.  Not saying this will be here, but there's a couple of songs on this album that have stood the test of time, so you never know.  I've listened to a couple of others I thought might make it but even one I listened to yesterday and thought, 'hmmm.....maybe not.'  It's a challenging process but enjoying it.  This one will get a spin no doubt.

It’s a belter all right.

And congrats on 50 000.

Forever more, into the night, blistering.

:lol  If you can sing that while playing your drums Tim then let's do it.  The DTF DT cover band is slowly coming together.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Joining the Lost Horizon love!  :heart
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline nick_z

Words cannot express just how amazing this album is. This band ended way too soon.

I have never checked this band out, for some reason. My understanding is that the vocalist, Daniel Heiman, is very highly regarded, correct?

BTW, if I may join in on the celebration -  congratulations on the 50,000 milestone!  :) I am very new here in terms of posting, but it's certainly been a pleasure interacting and reading your posts!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Thanks Nick and you've been a refreshing and welcome addition to the DTF community.

A Flame To The Ground Beneath is their 2nd of two albums. If you've never heard this, you need to fix that immediately. :)

Offline nick_z

Thanks Nick and you've been a refreshing and welcome addition to the DTF community.

A Flame To The Ground Beneath is their 2nd of two albums. If you've never heard this, you need to fix that immediately. :)

I'm on it  :)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Good stuff mate.  Post more and yeah, you've been a more than welcome addition here.

Yes, Daniel Heiman is an incredible vocalist.  Just wait to you hear him on Think Not Forever and Highlander.  The latter is ridiculous.  Amazing album.

Their first album was very enjoyable too, but this is another level.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I listened to both today at work.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I haven't listened to the debut in a very long time.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I haven't listened to the debut in a very long time.

Sworn In The Metal Wind. :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Good stuff mate.  Post more and yeah, you've been a more than welcome addition here.

Guess that makes Nick the Mike Mangini in the cover band?  Definitely nice to have new members to the cool kids thread.

Offline nick_z

Guess that makes Nick the Mike Mangini in the cover band?  Definitely nice to have new members to the cool kids thread.

:rollin