Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 909087 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLwI0WJe1Y

For the KISS fan in the little kid in us.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline gazinwales

Yeah I lasted just past the first chorus, that was enough for me.
Boring Blackmore riff rip off, and Doogie sounded terrible.

Offline ozzy554

New Alcatrazz Feat. Doogie White https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdn8ppUCVBQ

While I don't think its awful or anything without Graham it sounds like a totally different band. Really the only thing that sounds like Alcatrazz here is the Yngwie inspired solo by Stump.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline gazinwales

Slightly better than the other Doogie video, I last 87 seconds, was enough for me...

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

While I don't think its awful or anything without Graham it sounds like a totally different band. Really the only thing that sounds like Alcatrazz here is the Yngwie inspired solo by Stump.

I'll give this a solid.  Yeah, the Malmsteen rip off solo was pretty laughable to me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I made it longer in the other video honestly.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I made it longer in the other video honestly.

Yeah, I waited for the solo but the blatant Malmsteen rip was enough for me.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I couldn't get past the We Rock intro. :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I couldn't get past the We Rock intro. :lol

That was pretty fucking blatant too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I'll give this a solid.  Yeah, the Malmsteen rip off solo was pretty laughable to me.

I didn't bother with the solo because I know what it sounds like without listening but what I did get through I found somewhat listenable (that's almost solid :)  ).  I thought Doogie sounded more like Mark Boals than himself at times , particularly at the very start.  But yeah- certainly nothing there I would bother returning to.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 11:39:57 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I didn’t mind this but yeah, that solo is pretty much Nite for note 😁
Joe does worship Yngwie. He even has the Yngwie overdrive in his pedalboard.

Offline ozzy554

Well more Alcatrazz news. Graham Bonnet announces Jeff Loomis for his version of the band.  https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/arch-enemys-jeff-loomis-joins-graham-bonnets-version-of-alcatrazz/

Can't say I expected this one
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Loomis and Bonnet?  What an unexpected and unusual combination.  I'll check this out though, love Loomis.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So I'm going through the new album releases today, and I come across this:

Here's the hammerific track listing:

1. Awaken The Thunder
2. Baptized By The Hammer
3. Onward To Victory
4. Hammerschlag
5. Atlantis
6. We Are The Kingdom
7. Into The Storm
8. Ashes To Ashes
9. In The Name Of The Hammer
10. King Of Kings

What fucking 12 year old's heavy metal name generator did these song titles come from. Holy shit, even Hammerfall is laughing at them.

Hammerschlag? Hammerschlag? What in the fuck is Hammerschlag?

How do I get baptized by the hammer?

Reminds me of the great Reverend Willie Runnels classic:

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Yeah, but how's the music?

Oh, and considering this is a Top 50 All-time song for me, I had to post it.  Not terrible.

Kickstart My Heart - Falset featuring JLB
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, but how's the music?

Not good..

Oh, and considering this is a Top 50 All-time song for me, I had to post it.  Not terrible.

Kickstart My Heart - Falset featuring JLB

That's pretty good. I'd love to see DT have fun with a cover like this. I heard this is James' son's band. That does he do?

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hammerschlag

:rollin

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Hammerschlag of Fire  :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline gazinwales

Brother Firetribe - Thunder Rising
https://youtu.be/sEUiEKh34ac
Killer hard rocking song and not a Gary Moore Cover  :yarr

Offline Lowdz

Brother Firetribe - Thunder Rising
https://youtu.be/sEUiEKh34ac
Killer hard rocking song and not a Gary Moore Cover  :yarr

I played the first two albums in the car earlier in the week. Love them.

Offline ozzy554

Now I try not to be overly harsh on aging vocalists as long as they're actually trying. I do get a bit more harsh when I think that they clearly can do better with just some effort. Axl Rose for example dropped a lot of weight and clearly worked on himself and he sounds better than he had in years. Vince Neil at this point is just stealing peoples money. Everybody was hoping that he would take the pandemic downtime to really get into shape for the big return to the stage. His one solo show of 2021 thus far (the second was cancelled) was a complete disaster and this is how it ended. Walking off stage mid song leaving the band to finish without him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9YE3LsPkk8
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks like the band had to keep going lest the crowd discover half the band kept playing/singing after they left the stage  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Looks like the band had to keep going lest the crowd discover half the band kept playing/singing after they left the stage  :lol

Kinda what I was thinking too.  Those backing vox were clearly piped in.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Maybe the lead vocals should have been. Saw his a couple of weeks ago. Phil Collen commented on it, saying he's got a year to get in shape. if the last year off wasn't enough, not sure what good it will be. Maybe Phil should volunteer as his personal trainer  :biggrin:

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Maybe the lead vocals should have been.

Right... pull a 'Blackie'? Can't find it now, but I remember Brent posting a fan recorded clip of Blackie "singing" while 10 feet away from the mic.

Offline ozzy554

The weird thing about Blackie is that he can still sing and his excessive use of backing tracks is completely unnecessary.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
The weird thing about Blackie is that he can still sing and his excessive use of backing tracks is completely unnecessary.

He can still sing. But he probably can't handle the strain touring takes on his voice.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
When I saw Blackie on the Crimson Idol tour a few years ago it was noticeable how many backing tracks were used.  He was still singing though for most of it.  It doesn't really bother me, he's a great performer.  If he was miming the whole lot or couldn't sing at all, that's a different story.  Ben is probably right, just takes some pressure with all the touring.  He's not a young man so I can forgive him.  They've always put on a great show.

Offline Lowdz

When I saw Blackie on the Crimson Idol tour a few years ago it was noticeable how many backing tracks were used.  He was still singing though for most of it.  It doesn't really bother me, he's a great performer.  If he was miming the whole lot or couldn't sing at all, that's a different story.  Ben is probably right, just takes some pressure with all the touring.  He's not a young man so I can forgive him.  They've always put on a great show.

His vocal style can't be too easy to maintain over a tour. It would be tough on the vocal chords I would imagine.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns