Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 901677 times)

Offline Lowdz

New Malmsteen;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F74Tw99qfRg

This is probably better than what he's been doing on the last few, but that's not saying much.  A real singer might have made this listenable, cause it has potential actually, but this sounds like the demo version, especially with the production.  Muddy as fuck.  A shame.

Funny, every Youtube comment is positive too.  He must approve them and delete the negatives ones.

Yeah, I actually liked the intro - thought it was different- but the sing8ng just kills it. I don’t know how he thinks this is acceptable. The YouTube fanboys are lapping it up, as thought he’s this great singer.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I've been on a massive Satriani kick lately, but I just now realized that Musterion (from Satchafunkilus and the Musterion Of Rock) is almost like a reworking of his track Not Of This Earth.

This has to be intentional, but I couldn't find any info on it.

Does someone here have inside information?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Not sure about that K...................both of the above artists have been off my radar for ages.  The last album of Malmsteen I own is Magnum Opus and the last Satriani was Crystal Planet.   I haven't heard much since to make me change my mind.

New KK's Priest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqOZJAZR1XM&t=2s

Sounds pretty phoned in to me and Ripper seems to have lost a few gears vocally.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline ozzy554

Not bad but it sounds like it was specifically written to be an opener. You can even hear where the pyro would go to pop the crowd.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hellfire Thunderbolt?  :lol

Watched on my phone but I couldn't hear the rhythm guitars.  Seemed to lack grit in that department.  The solos were choppy as fuck too.  I'll listen again, I kind of didn't mind it but at the same time it was kind of shit.  Dunno how that works.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Not bad but it sounds like it was specifically written to be an opener. You can even hear where the pyro would go to pop the crowd.

That's the hellfire thunderbolt.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Look at these song titles..

"Incarnation"
"Hellfire Thunderbolt"
"Sermons Of The Sinner"
"Sacerdote Y Diablo"
"Raise Your Fists"
"Brothers Of The Road"
"Metal Through And Through"
"Wild And Free"
"Hail For The Priest"
"Return Of The Sentinel"
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Straight out of the generic song-title-generator, metal edition  :D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good Lord!  :facepalm:

Offline gazinwales

Sounds like a load of old bollocks!
I really don't think I could listen to a whole album of this stuff.

Offline ozzy554

Look at these song titles..

"Incarnation"
"Hellfire Thunderbolt"
"Sermons Of The Sinner"
"Sacerdote Y Diablo"
"Raise Your Fists"
"Brothers Of The Road"
"Metal Through And Through"
"Wild And Free"
"Hail For The Priest"
"Return Of The Sentinel"

The Sentinel is a top 5 JP song for me so I hope that one is good. I know Priest could lean into the cheese sometimes but all these song titles could be used on some kind of 80s metal parody album.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everytime I look at those song titles I feel sad.  Even Primal Fear would laugh at these song titles they are so ridiculous.

Offline gazinwales

Even Rhapsody (of Fire) would be embarrassed by those song titles...

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Even Rhapsody (of Fire) would be embarrassed by those song titles...

Steel Panther probably gave them some pointers.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gazinwales

St**l Pant**r don't count as they are not a proper band, just a poor joke that ain't funny  :o

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
St**l Pant**r don't count as they are not a proper band, just a poor joke that ain't funny  :o

Ok, Spinal Tap would be embarrassed by those titles
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think I should check out the new Blaze album, I've liked all his work I've listened to but haven't even sampled anything from his recent albums.

It's really good.

Yeah, I listened to it again yesterday.  Really strong.

Got it shortly after this convo, but finally listened to it a few times this week and I'm really enjoying it

Offline ozzy554

At least they know what they are and have never claimed to be anything but. It's another thing to accidentally blunder your way into self parody.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

At least they know what they are and have never claimed to be anything but. It's another thing to accidentally blunder your way into self parody.

This.  Other than the bass player and the mirror gag, which was lame on day one, I think Steel Panther is amusing.  The Weenie Ride video is aces as far as I'm concerned.   

But that song list is exactly why I DON'T hold Priest in the same regard as Maiden and Sabbath.  It's just a shade into "cartoon" and "pandering" land for me.   "Hail For The Priest"; like I haven't heard "Call For The Priest" 800 brazilian times?   I can't imagine Dave Murray releasing an album with songs like "Sprint To The Hills", or "The Second Leg Of The Flight Of Icarus". 

I'll still give it a listen though; out of respect if nothing else.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I just completed a daylight robbery with a new guitar.............check the Post Your Instrument thread if nice guitars are your thing.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I just completed a daylight robbery with a new guitar.............check the Post Your Instrument thread if nice guitars are your thing.

Awesome.  They aren't 'my thing', but this is still awesome.  How's the business going, mate?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Awesome.  They aren't 'my thing', but this is still awesome.  How's the business going, mate?

Hey Chad.  Good I guess................flat out with quite a waiting list.  Only trouble is because of the way I do things (perfectionist) I spend heaps of unpaid time on follow-up , updating our app, creating online practice lessons (like GuitarPro etc..) which means a fairly low cap on numbers . When all is said and done after an 80hr week my hourly rate is barely double digits and that's pretax.  So working myself into the dirt for not much but have created a strong reputation and setting the platform for something a bit more viable down the track.  Only trouble is I have to find time to work on the other ideas as well .  I'm too old for this shit  ::)

Maybe one day I might buy a house again - for now a mispriced gem of a guitar is about as good as it gets  :lol    It's the old trader in me............when I need equipment I scour Ebay for people making stupid mistakes .   :hat

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Maybe Ben could take over doing the podcasts.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully all that ground work pays off soon Brent.  Having a waiting list is a very good sign you are doing things right!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hopefully all that ground work pays off soon Brent.  Having a waiting list is a very good sign you are doing things right!

This exactly.  Overnight success usually takes years to build.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

This exactly.  Overnight success usually takes years to build.

Brent obviously has the patience for his craft.  I had that with playing, but when it came to all other aspects, I just never had the attention span for it.  The behind the scenes work he would be doing also wouldn't be very fun either.

Offline ozzy554

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/warlord-guitarist-composer-william-j-tsamis-dead-at-60/

Warlord was one of those bands that I think could've been something but they could not keep a lineup together long enough to really do much. Which is a shame because Tsamis and Zonder sounded great together and it's sad that we wont be getting anything else from them. R.I.P
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I saw that yesterday. Only 60..

I love the album they did with Joacim Cans.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
https://bravewords.com/news/chalice-of-sin-feat-wade-black-streaming-new-song-sacred-shrine

Chalice Of Sin is a sensational new heavy metal machine masterminded by vocalist Wade Black (Crimson Glory, Seven Witches, Leatherwolf), who started working on new music for the project in 2019....The self-titled debut is due out June 18, and today, fans can get a taste of the album with the song "Sacred Shrine".

https://youtu.be/SFzghupG2_k

Nice!  It's too good for the Frontiers thread  :D

Offline gazinwales

I lasted 22 seconds, dreadful  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://bravewords.com/news/chalice-of-sin-feat-wade-black-streaming-new-song-sacred-shrine

Chalice Of Sin is a sensational new heavy metal machine masterminded by vocalist Wade Black (Crimson Glory, Seven Witches, Leatherwolf), who started working on new music for the project in 2019....The self-titled debut is due out June 18, and today, fans can get a taste of the album with the song "Sacred Shrine".

These vocals are hilarious.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
To each their own, I guess.  I dug it.

Offline Lowdz

Just putting this here for the shredders. I really like Lost Symphony and this is an instrumental with Marty Friedman, Nuno and Alex Skolnik sharing the spotlight.

https://youtu.be/4umRs4RhxGc

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just putting this here for the shredders. I really like Lost Symphony and this is an instrumental with Marty Friedman, Nuno and Alex Skolnik sharing the spotlight.

https://youtu.be/4umRs4RhxGc

Nice.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

These vocals are hilarious.

Sounds like me in the shower singing heavy metal songs. :lol