Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907125 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Hey Paul................sounds like your favourite singer Robert Plant  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=908805666583174&id=100023612469549

Saw that the other day - the boys got talent but the Mohawk will have to go. 😁 I’d listen to that all day over Plant.

:lolpalm:

I love you brother but that damage was done young and there’s no going back  :lol :heart

No worries... we all have our own little fails.

Except jj .  jj rocks.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Hey Paul................sounds like your favourite singer Robert Plant  ;D

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=908805666583174&id=100023612469549

Saw that the other day - the boys got talent but the Mohawk will have to go. 😁 I’d listen to that all day over Plant.

:lolpalm:

I love you brother but that damage was done young and there’s no going back  :lol :heart

No worries... we all have our own little fails.

Except jj .  jj rocks.

No one’s going to argue with that.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
You tell 'em kids   :metal    - produced by Frank Hannon of Tesla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faao3_PkcRM
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tesla should have that kid backstage singing so Jeff Keith should lip synch to it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Accept's Russian Roulette came out 35 years ago today. Damn!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Lol, I was 1!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Had a listen to the Blaze, really quite wonderful.  A bit samey but strong performances across the board, catchy songs and just a great listen.  The Hawking song was fucking amazing too.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Lol, I was 1!

It was a month before I graduated high school.

Had a listen to the Blaze, really quite wonderful.  A bit samey but strong performances across the board, catchy songs and just a great listen.  The Hawking song was fucking amazing too.

So, I've been thinking about this. I think you've really got to hand it to Steve Harris. Perhaps Blaze was or wasn't a terrible choice for Maiden, but his solo career is filled with amazing quality throughout.
Steve did a great job identifying the talent in Blaze. That's a keen eye.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

That was my favorite song off the new Blaze. "They don't know everything" sounds so defiant and badass when he sings it!!!!

Offline Lowdz

The new album has some great stuff on it rendered pretty useless by Blaze unfortunately.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Artists/bands where you only love five of their albums?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Artists where you only like every second album.

Offline Lowdz

Artists where you only like every second album.

Ooh ooh I know this one - House Of Lords! 😁

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
The new album has some great stuff on it rendered pretty useless by Blaze unfortunately.

Not a fan of Blaze?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I thought he sounded great on this one. Didn't like the way he sounded on the last 3 but he sounds great here.  Probably the production helps.

Offline Lowdz

I thought he sounded great on this one. Didn't like the way he sounded on the last 3 but he sounds great here.  Probably the production helps.

He sounds about as well as he could, but that isn’t saying much. He has the most boring voice I’ve ever heard.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, Issa should have sung on this one.  ;D

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Lowdz

All joking aside that would be great. Far better than Blaze.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

This must be code for "I'm being held hostage; send help"
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

You’re on a roll today!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I think I should check out the new Blaze album, I've liked all his work I've listened to but haven't even sampled anything from his recent albums. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think I should check out the new Blaze album, I've liked all his work I've listened to but haven't even sampled anything from his recent albums.

It's really good.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

It's really good.

Yeah, I listened to it again yesterday.  Really strong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
My friend also suggested checking it out, so between you three, I'm sold on buying the album even without sampling.  I've got no problem supporting Blaze.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeow!  Pressure is on Tim.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline Lowdz

Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere and I missed I but here’s the new Flotsam & Jetsom. Another banger. I’ve only even checked out 5he album with the ninja dude on the cover and it did nothing for me. The two songs I’ve heard from this are excellent.

https://youtu.be/_P5TaZeWwcI

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere and I missed I but here’s the new Flotsam & Jetsom. Another banger. I’ve only even checked out 5he album with the ninja dude on the cover and it did nothing for me.

No Place For Disgrace is fucking excellent. Paul!!??

Their last two albums have been really good.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere and I missed I but here’s the new Flotsam & Jetsom. Another banger. I’ve only even checked out 5he album with the ninja dude on the cover and it did nothing for me. The two songs I’ve heard from this are excellent.

https://youtu.be/_P5TaZeWwcI

Wow, that was great.  I need to finally check these guys out.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Kade, check out:

the album with the ninja dude on the cover

It's called No Place For Disgrace. It's their 2nd album from 1988. Jason Newsted only played on their debut.

Offline ozzy554

When they're good they really knock it out of the park. While I haven't heard anything from them that I thought was bad they have a lot of just okay albums in their discography. They've been killing it with their last few though.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Kade, check out:

It's called No Place For Disgrace. It's their 2nd album from 1988. Jason Newsted only played on their debut.

Okay.  I'll check this over the weekend mate.  I really liked that new song Paul posted.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Kade, check out:

I'm spinning this now.  Thrashtastic!  How have I not checked these guys before?!  Some great riffing here.