Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 904084 times)

Offline RodrigoAltaf

I don't know where else on the forum to post this, so here it is - my interview with Wolf Hoffman of Accept, to promote their new album: https://youtu.be/OH-ibt04vek

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
This is the perfect place to post it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Interview with Joel Hoekstra of Whitesnake, about his upcoming album with Russell Allen, Derek Sherinian, Vinnie Appice and  Tony Franklin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6k2a1aTKc0

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Interview with Joel Hoekstra of Whitesnake, about his upcoming album with Russell Allen, Derek Sherinian, Vinnie Appice and  Tony Franklin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6k2a1aTKc0

Which I'm sure will be disappointing as hell.

How'd the Schenker interview go?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Which I'm sure will be disappointing as hell.

How'd the Schenker interview go?

Joel's album is KILLER, man. Pure 80's hard rock.

Schenker was confusing...I called him MANY times, and when he finally picked it up, he said Niclear Blast messed up his whole schedule. We rescheduled the chat for tomorrow, and now I have a conflict. Stupid work getting in the way of having fun with these musicians!!!!  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline RodrigoAltaf

so the chat with Schenker finally happened...he was great, and very talkative! I asked him three questions and he just took off speaking about the new album. He briefly mentioned Rush at the end, and also Ozzy, Aerosmith, Metallica etc. He bashed his brother Rudolf as usual, with some cheap punches about him not being able to write songs. Look at this compliment barely disguised as criticism: "I'm happy for him - for all his limitations, he is extremely successful!"

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
so the chat with Schenker finally happened...he was great, and very talkative! I asked him three questions and he just took off speaking about the new album. He briefly mentioned Rush at the end, and also Ozzy, Aerosmith, Metallica etc. He bashed his brother Rudolf as usual, with some cheap punches about him not being able to write songs. Look at this compliment barely disguised as criticism: "I'm happy for him - for all his limitations, he is extremely successful!"

Talk about a backhanded compliment.  That's like saying "Yngvie doesn't sweat much for a fat guy"
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Schenker slams him every interview.  It's certainly not an anomaly.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Talk about a backhanded compliment.  That's like saying "Yngvie doesn't sweat much for a fat guy"

Man...I asked him this: "after 50 years of recording career and almost as many albums, would you consider writing a biography?". Then he went off on his usual rant against his brother, why he refused invitations to join Ozzy's band, Aerosmith, Deep Purple etc. For a guy who went through rehab, he does have some unresolved issues!!!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm well aware of the sexual tension between Kade and Issa in the shitcock thread, but I don't recall female classic rock singers being mentioned in this thread much at all.   Lee Aaron, Darby Mills (Headpins) are standouts in Canada.  But top three for me would have to be Stevie Nicks, Heart, but the clear top pick for me would have to be Pat Benatar.

Blondie is pretty cool too.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, Ann Wilson takes the prize for me as best ever female rock vocalist.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods

One of the only ones that does great renditions of Led Zeppelin songs. Her vocals, and Hearts music, made Robert Plant tear up when they played Stairway to Heaven.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm well aware of the sexual tension between Kade and Issa in the shitcock thread, but I don't recall female classic rock singers being mentioned in this thread much at all.   Lee Aaron, Darby Mills (Headpins) are standouts in Canada.  But top three for me would have to be Stevie Nicks, Heart, but the clear top pick for me would have to be Pat Benatar.

Jason, don't say her name in here.  You know better than that.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

What's wrong with Lee Aaron!?!?!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

What's wrong with Lee Aaron!?!?!

I don't even know who that is lol.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Me too.  Don't laugh, but I think she's hot too.  There's something I find sexy about her.

Anyone that doesn't think she is a good call here:  https://youtu.be/ZH9khvoSk48 or any of the latter-day versions of "Alone" where they do it acoustic or stripped down.

Also, can't not mention Johnette Napolitano; the music may not be your cup of tea, but the woman can sing.

Offline ozzy554

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAk4Z3sX0F4

On the 4th Anniversary of his death someone posted a demo of Heaven and Hell featuring Geoff Nicholls on bass. It's an Interesting listen and I wonder if more demos like this will be posted.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Lowdz

Hi all. Just dropping in to say hi. Been in hospital 9 days with COVID. Back home now so I’ll have a catch up with the posts tomorrow. Missed you fuckers!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hi all. Just dropping in to say hi. Been in hospital 9 days with COVID. Back home now so I’ll have a catch up with the posts tomorrow. Missed you fuckers!

Oh Shit! Glad you made it out! How are you feeling? Do you know how you caught it?

Offline Lowdz

Oh Shit! Glad you made it out! How are you feeling? Do you know how you caught it?

Caught it at work, probably a day or two before I had the vaccine.

I’m good now but the last two weeks have been hell. I ot the gastroenteritis version rather than the breathing - though if I walked two paces I was wheezing like an asthmatic.

Glad to be home. I had no headphones or phone charger with me so couldn’t even listen to music once I felt better.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I had no headphones or phone charger with me so couldn’t even listen to music once I felt better.

Oh NO!

I may have to pack a Covid bag just in case!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy shit Paul.  After your troubles you certainly didn't deserve that.  Too scary.  Glad you are okay.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Wtf? Glad you're feeling better. And hopefully you will fully recover. All the best to you.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Holy shit Paul.  After your troubles you certainly didn't deserve that.  Too scary.  Glad you are okay.

This so much.

Phew.

Seriously.  No more cool kids getting this, ok??

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
All the best Paul - hopefully no lingering effects.

New Sweet Oblivion : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV2-XJ5aOxk&feature=youtu.be

The sound is decent enough and Tater sounds okay - the song sounds pretty much like you'd expect I guess.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Meh.  It's solid.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New album by Warrior Path in out on March 5, featuring DANIEL HEIMAN on vocals! :metal

Beast Of Hate
Savage Tribe

This band is not to be confused with Lost Horizon, but at least Heiman is able to SING in this band. Some of the things he's done have really restricted him. He seems to be letting loose here. I am all over this when it comes out.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck Daniel Heiman!  Will check later.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline gazinwales

I hope it's just the YT compression and poor quality MP3 uploaded, as it sounds bloody awful, very amateurish.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Fuck Daniel Heiman!  Will check later.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline Lowdz

All the best Paul - hopefully no lingering effects.

New Sweet Oblivion : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV2-XJ5aOxk&feature=youtu.be

The sound is decent enough and Tater sounds okay - the song sounds pretty much like you'd expect I guess.

It was ok but I thought Tate’s vocal was buried under the music. Might just have been my tv.