Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907812 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, so Jon Schaffer’s a fucking nutter 😀

Yeah, the more I think of it, the more that I don't think it will affect me listening to IE all that much.  Probably won't spend any more money on his shit though in the future.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf always makes sense of things

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf always makes sense of things

Being an Aussie probably makes that thought easier.  I can see you guys taking way more offence though.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Back to Saxon and Judas Priest

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Sounds like a fine plan to me.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Wolfster, how awesome is Defenders of the Faith?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The best.  Timeless classic.

Offline Lowdz

The best.  Timeless classic.
:metal :metal :metal
Their best for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Defenders, Painkiller and Jugulator are my top 3.

Offline ozzy554

Cathedral Spires is a real overlooked gem.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Cathedral Spires is a real overlooked gem.

Indeed.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Thankfully, I was never an IE fan to begin with.

New Evergrey single out today.  I dig it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le6ZPkIEb-k

And a new Michael Schenker Group single too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmWYrhIYhEw.  You guys must really be torn, with Ronnie on the mic  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Thankfully, I was never an IE fan to begin with.

New Evergrey single out today.  I dig it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le6ZPkIEb-k

And a new Michael Schenker Group single too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmWYrhIYhEw.  You guys must really be torn, with Ronnie on the mic  :lol

I've never had a problem with his voice, just the overexposure.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Interesting interview with KK..

https://youtu.be/TcvJz_w76EU?t=1
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

He loves that story of nabbing the flying V under Schenkers nose.  Heard that one before.

He was asked to join Scorpions, interesting.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm interested to hear this KK Priest with Ripper, should have a release soon.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

He loves that story of nabbing the flying V under Schenkers nose.  Heard that one before.

Well, Michael asked him to join Scorpions. Not clear of the Scorps were actually aware of it. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Well, Michael asked him to join Scorpions. Not clear of the Scorps were actually aware of it. :lol

Pretty sure Michael wouldn't have given a fuck. KK would have just rocked up with Michael one day he told them he was now in the band! :lol

Offline RodrigoAltaf

I have an interview with Michael Schenker tomorrow. Pretty excited for it!!!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Rodrigo, any chance you could ask him about not working with Doogie any more. He made some of the best music of his career with him, and I say that as a Schenker fan, not a Doogie fan.

Maybe you could phrase it like, I noticed you didn't use Doogie White again. Is there any reason you did not? Your work with him was outstanding.

Seriously, I would love to know.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Rodrigo, any chance you could ask him about not working with Doogie any more. He made some of the best music of his career with him, and I say that as a Schenker fan, not a Doogie fan.

Maybe you could phrase it like, I noticed you didn't use Doogie White again. Is there any reason you did not? Your work with him was outstanding.

I can ask! I listened to recent interviews where he said that doing the "Michael Schenker Fest" thing is difficult because of the logistics and costs involved. But it's worth clarifying!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I can ask! I listened to recent interviews where he said that doing the "Michael Schenker Fest" thing is difficult because of the logistics and costs involved. But it's worth clarifying!

So, before the 2 Michael Schenker Fest albums and tours, he made two albums with Doogie White on vocals, Bridge The Gap (2013) and Spirit On A Mission (2014). These are two of his best albums since the early classic MSG period. Doogie did sing on the 2 MS Fest albums, and those were the best songs. My point is they seemed to have a great chemistry and the output showed that.

Doogie did participate on the MS Fest tours, with the other singers. It seems that Michael wanted Ronnie Romero for this album, and I understand Romero is contracted to do the tour. Apparently Romero had quarantine issues so while waiting, Ralf Scheepers was available in Germany. While still waiting for Romero, they somehow got Joe Lynn Turner to do a couple of tracks.

Doogie was his singer up to and including the MS Fest tours. I'm just curious how/why he ended his thing with Doogie.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

Ok, I'll ask!

Honestly, his last few albums sounded a bit formulaic to me, but I ran listening to the new one today, and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Can you ask him how Rudolf is these days?  ;D

But yeah, those two albums Tim mentioned are two of his best, it's a shame he isn't currently working with Doogie.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'd like to know if the MS Fest band is the way he sees his career playing out.  I love the idea, but I always usually prefer a solid lineup with a single singer more than rotating singer thing, but that's a personal thing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'd like to know if the MS Fest band is the way he sees his career playing out.  I love the idea, but I always usually prefer a solid lineup with a single singer more than rotating singer thing, but that's a personal thing.

Well, Romero is supposedly doing the next tour, and was supposed to be the only singer on Immortal, which is a Michael Schenker GROUP album., not a MS Fest album.

I have no idea what he'll do next. It doesn't seem like he's slowing down, and wouldn't be surprised to see Romero fronting the next album.

But he has NEVER had a stable lineup.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Well, Romero is supposedly doing the next tour, and was supposed to be the only singer on Immortal, which is a Michael Schenker GROUP album., not a MS Fest album.

I have no idea what he'll do next. It doesn't seem like he's slowing down, and wouldn't be surprised to see Romero fronting the next album.

But he has NEVER had a stable lineup.

True, you just answered that then Tim.  I didn't pay that much attention that this wasn't a Fest album.  And Ronnie on a whole album......... :|

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Schenkerstorm
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Not a bad name actually.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline RodrigoAltaf

i was just reading the liner notes, and Doogie IS actually on the album! I didn't recognize his voice on my first listen, but he does sing there. Also Joe Lynn Turner and Ralf Scheepers. Ronnie was supposed to sing on the whole album, but Covid got in the way apparently.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

i was just reading the liner notes, and Doogie IS actually on the album! I didn't recognize his voice on my first listen, but he does sing there. Also Joe Lynn Turner and Ralf Scheepers. Ronnie was supposed to sing on the whole album, but Covid got in the way apparently.

There's a re-recording of In Search of the Peace of Mind, with Gary Barden, Doogie White and Robin Macaulay sharing vocals, and Simon Phillips on drums. It's fitting that he included this version on the album - it's the first song he ever wrote, and he's celebrating 50 years of recording career.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

There's a re-recording of In Search of the Peace of Mind, with Gary Barden, Doogie White and Robin Macaulay sharing vocals, and Simon Phillips on drums. It's fitting that he included this version on the album - it's the first song he ever wrote, and he's celebrating 50 years of recording career.

Yes, I do know that Doogie is on that song, as are a number of singers.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, sucks he doesn't get his own song or two.