Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907239 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Damn, this new Vanishing Point is legit.  Terrific album.

Told ya!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
With the UFO thread basically coming to a close, it's time to check out new music again.

I'll check the Vanishing Point tonight after work.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, this new Vanishing Point is legit.  Terrific album.

Told ya!

Indeed you did.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Listening now.

To The Wolves is really nice. Great chorus.

Shadow World is also really good and holy shit The Ocean  :metal

But I find I'm not really a fan of this overall style. I should like it more, but it's an onslaught on my ears.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 06:08:26 PM by TAC »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just read this article..

https://bravewords.com/features/tesla-bassist-brian-wheat-just-because-youre-in-a-rock-band-doesnt-mean-youre-not-human

I would never even consider reading his book, but holy crap, there's a lot to chew on in it..

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Just read this article..

https://bravewords.com/features/tesla-bassist-brian-wheat-just-because-youre-in-a-rock-band-doesnt-mean-youre-not-human

I would never even consider reading his book, but holy crap, there's a lot to chew on in it..

Would be a good read.

He managed to marry Sandi Saraya too - respect for that.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening now.

But I find I'm not really a fan of this overall style. I should like it more, but it's an onslaught on my ears.

I had a feeling their style may not be your cup of tea mate.  Respect for checking it, it's a cracker in my book.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Listening now.

I had a feeling their style may not be your cup of tea mate.  Respect for checking it, it's a cracker in my book.

Their earlier releases are kinda hit and miss, mostly being middle-of-the-road for me - vocally they didn’t impress me. But this one seems to hit a sweet-spot.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

Just read this article..

Would be a good read.

He managed to marry Sandi Saraya too - respect for that.

Don’t know how that happened cos he’s no oil painting. Maybe it’s because she never met me? 😀

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Not sure where else to post this, but I guess this is kind of hard rock related... if you have amazon prime, you can watch the John 5 "Live Invasion" video.  It's a ~50 minute live performance from his tour earlier in 2020 opening for Queensryche.  I saw that show and he was awesome in person.  Actually enjoyed his set more than QR.  If you want to check out a cool guitar performance, I recommend it.  Although I do not like how it has a lot of the backing videos mixed into the main video.  I'd rather just focus on the performance.  It's definitely a mixed bag of footage instead of one full performance, but it's enjoyable. He ends with a super long cover medley.  The show I saw was about 10 minutes long, but this is closer to 20 minutes and includes most of the same parts I saw but a lot more and all arranged differently.  Pretty cool to see how different and more extensive that medley is here.

https://www.amazon.com/John-5-Live-Invasion/dp/B08RBB836W

on a side note, I love how I tweeted that I was watching this last night and he liked it. I love his twitter feed playing the guitar with his cats and wife.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ronnie Romero interviewed by Mitch Lafon today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElRnpT9DVAc

Geez, he's actually a real likeable guy.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ronnie Romero interviewed by Mitch Lafon today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElRnpT9DVAc

Geez, he's actually a real likeable guy.

Actually keen to check this out later.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's only a half hour. Definitely worth it.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's only a half hour. Definitely worth it.

I'm surprised you even checked it out.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Can't stand that interviewer.  Lords of THE Black?  Do your homework dickhead.

Ronnie did come across pretty humble and down to earth.  We give him shit for whoring himself out but it's true, it's his job and he's trying to earn a living.  Great insight in that first ten minutes.  Still not happy about Sunstorm, but hardly his fault.

Offline Lowdz

Well Aussies, what’s 2021 like? Should we bother?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Meh.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Meh.

Just another Friday morning?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Meh.

Just another Friday morning?

Pretty much.  Work being closed for today is bloody nice though. 

Just did a run, now time for a recovery swim.  :metal

Enjoy the New Years lads.  Make it a good, hard and heavy 2021.

Offline Lowdz

Anyone spring for the KISS show from Dubai?
My brother has and I might’ve if I’d thought there would be any surprises. I’m expecting the same show I saw last year and the time before that.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was told it was a good show, and I think the setlist is perfect for the band. Always glad to see War Machine included  :metal

Offline Lowdz

I was told it was a good show, and I think the setlist is perfect for the band. Always glad to see War Machine included  :metal

They played that on the tour last year and it was great to hear it. I e seen a couple of clips on YouTube- IWMFLY and God of Thunder. GoT was fine but the less said about the other track the better.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
In one of my orders I got a month ago I took a punt and got the new Sorcerer.  Finally getting around to it.  My first listen I'm thinking it's not as strong as the last one but halfway through my second listen, it could be just as good, maybe even better.

Interested on what Brent thought of it since the last one was his album of that year.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ritchie Blackmore on Graham Bonnet:

https://youtu.be/oXW3Rk8umLY

Offline Lowdz

They played that on the tour last year and it was great to hear it. I e seen a couple of clips on YouTube- IWMFLY and God of Thunder. GoT was fine but the less said about the other track the better.

I was disappointed to see they changed up some lyrics that their Arab hosts found offensive.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Ritchie Blackmore on Graham Bonnet:

https://youtu.be/oXW3Rk8umLY

That was funny. "Mrs. Las Vegas" haha.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
For the rocker of jj's.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m like Frank the Tank, thanks for reminding me  ;)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Nice! Happy Birthday Jason!

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal thanks dudes

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Happy Birthday brother.  Have a rocking day.

Offline Lowdz

New Durban video. Song is ok. Dude can sing. Video is pretty awful but who cares?

Offline Lowdz

Yeah, so Jon Schaffer’s a fucking nutter 😀

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, so Jon Schaffer’s a fucking nutter 😀

Awkward, not sure what to say