Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907118 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I actually liked the Polar Bear song. I had high hopes for that album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ozzy554

Haven't listened to the full album either but that's not surprising if he was half assing it in the studio as much as they said he was. If the face of the band and main lyricist doesn't want to be there it's going to show. According to them it sounds like he really only tried on about a handful of the songs. like 3 out of 14.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

Though if they do make an album with Doogie they have to knock it out of the park. The songwriting for it I think will either make or break that band.

Well, Born Innocent fucking blows chunks so it won't be hard to top that.

I didn't check the album but I liked the Polar Bear song.  Based on knowing you and what blows chunks, I won't bother.

i think I gave it one listen and it was ok. Don't remember much tbh. I felt that the lyrics were out there for the sake of it - Graham always did try to stay away from the usual cliched lyrics, but th epolar bear lyrics were just off putting.
The band was so good when I saw them last year though. Joe Stump out Yngwie'd Yngwie. And Graham was excellent, from his stool because of his bad back. Doesn't get any more rock n roll than that!  :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
New Saxon video:

Paint It Black

Here's the track listing:

1. Paint It Black
2. Immigrant Song
3. Paperback Writer
4. Evil Woman
5. Stone Free
6. Bomber
7. Speed King
8. The Rocker
9. Hold The Line
10. Problem Child
11. See My Friends

This is not a must buy, but I am looking forward to hearing Bomber, Speed King, and Problem Child.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I may listen, but I have zero interest in this.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
When I heard there was going to be a cover of Paint it Black I thought they could have picked a different song that hasn’t been covered constantly over the years. But this was much better than I expected, really good. I am curious to hear Problem Child, Rocker and Hold the Line

Offline Lowdz

Can it beat this version though?  :omg:

https://youtu.be/pJIcwD5gm34

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Can it beat this version though?  :omg:

https://youtu.be/pJIcwD5gm34

What a fucking awful, awful guitarist.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You know a good Paint it Black cover?  Glenn Tipton.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Ronnie Atkins first single - Real, from the album One Shot to be released March 12th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oIp7dQx9k

Pretty much exactly as I would've expected.  Me likey.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ronnie Atkins first single - Real, from the album One Shot to be released March 12th.

All the best Ronnie, much love to him, but this fucking sucks.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Out of respect to Pretty Maids I lasted a minute and half before tapping out

Offline Lowdz

i liked it too. Seems we're alone!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Actually I relistened to the whole thing and I change my mind; it’s a really catchy song. I might have just been taken a back because it wasn’t what I expected.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

i liked it too. Seems we're alone!

I mean, the *video* aspect to it wasn't great, but the music and lyrics were rock solid.  I was also kinda touched with the real personal side to it as well.  Some of those lyrics ...  :-[ :'(

From the first breath, to the last sigh
Every day is a gift
In the end, I wouldn't change a single thing
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

It certainly brings a poignancy to the lyrics, knowing what he’s facing.

On a separate note, to bring some Christmas cheer, https://youtu.be/vbdm60hA2Qg

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Whoa

Offline Lowdz

Just posted by Magnus Karlsson on facetube

So I made a metal opera together with some awesome people! Check out the first press release!

"Coming March 12, 2021, the debut album from Heart Healer! Entitled "The Metal Opera by Magnus Karlsson", this album is epic in scope and execution and features seven stunning singers: Adrienne Cowan (Seven Spires, Sascha Paeth's Masters Of Ceremony, Avantasia), Ailyn (Her Chariot Awaits ex-Sirenia), Netta Laurenne (Smackbound, Laurenne/Louhimo), Youmna Jreissati (Ostura), Noora Louhimo (Noora's corner official, Battle Beast), Margarita Monet (Edge Of Paradise), and Anette Olzon (The Dark Element, ex-Nightwish).
More details and first single coming on January 25th.....
Early pre-orders available now at https://www.frontiers.shop (EU). For U.S. customers, Amazon should have pre-orders up soon and they will also be available from our BRAND NEW U.S. store that is launching in January!"
Tracklisting:
1. Awake
2. Come Out Of The Shadows
3. Who Can Stand All Alone
4. Back To Life
5. Into The Unknown
6. When The Fire Burns Out
7. Evil’s Around The Corner
8. Mesmerized
9. Weaker
10. This Is Not The End

Can’t say I’m sleepless with excitement to be honest but who knows. I’m not particularly keen on female symphonic vocals. Except for Floor - she makes me cry.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, I saw this.  Naturally, I'm all over it like a cougar on a wounded chicken.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wow! No Ronnie Romero??

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
As much as I love this guy, the thought of something with all female singers makes me want to cry.  Not keen for this at all.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member

So I made a metal opera together with some awesome people! Check out the first press release!

"Coming March 12, 2021, the debut album from Heart Healer! Entitled "The Metal Opera by Magnus Karlsson", this album is epic in scope and execution and features seven stunning singers: Adrienne Cowan (Seven Spires, Sascha Paeth's Masters Of Ceremony, Avantasia), Ailyn (Her Chariot Awaits ex-Sirenia), Netta Laurenne (Smackbound, Laurenne/Louhimo), Youmna Jreissati (Ostura), Noora Louhimo (Noora's corner official, Battle Beast), Margarita Monet (Edge Of Paradise), and Anette Olzon (The Dark Element, ex-Nightwish).
Early pre-orders available now at https://www.frontiers.shop (EU). For U.S. customers, Amazon should have pre-orders up soon and they will also be available from our BRAND NEW U.S. store that is launching in January!"
Tracklisting:
1. Awake
4. Back To Life
5. Into The Unknown
8. Mesmerized
9. Weaker
10. This Is Not The End

Can’t say I’m sleepless with excitement to be honest but who knows. I’m not particularly keen on female symphonic vocals. Except for Floor - she makes me cry.
For a sec I thought that was Magnus speaking.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Tracklisting:
1. Awake
4. Back To Life
5. Into The Unknown
8. Mesmerized
9. Weaker
10. This Is Not The End

For a sec I thought that was Magnus speaking.  :lol

That's what we need from Frontiers - an honest press release!!

"Coming in March 2021 , yet another half assed project featuring seven 2nd rate singers you've never heard of, (and who have never heard of each other......or been in the same room as each other)  produced by the usual suspects .   Appallingly badly shot video coming soon - get your pre-orders in now!"

Noora from Battle Beast is actually pretty decent and maybe one or two others but like the others I am not anticipating much.   Ronnie Romero in drag would've been interesting though.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 05:31:31 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Ronnie is a little bitch anyway.  He'd fit in perfectly.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
You do have to give it to Magnus, he never stops working.  Maybe metal opera means a little variety in the songs at least, but I'm not hopeful.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
You do have to give it to Magnus, he never stops working.  Maybe metal opera means a little variety in the songs at least, but I'm not hopeful.

And you have to respect that. As you found out with Michael Schenker, the guy has been writing music NON STOP since the early 70's. It doesn't always work but it's still admirable.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey Kade, there’s this coming up too in 2021

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Wrong damn thread!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

And you have to respect that. As you found out with Michael Schenker, the guy has been writing music NON STOP since the early 70's. It doesn't always work but it's still admirable.

Schenker popped into my mind as I was typing that.  Haha.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Hey Kade, there’s this coming up too in 2021

Fuck........

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
This thread is getting too modern for my liking. Boys, let’s dial it back a bit please

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This thread is getting too modern for my liking. Boys, let’s dial it back a bit please

Haha, it's turning into the Frontiers thread for sure with that Issa bitch getting thrown in here.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni