Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907149 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Doesn't sound good for Ronnie. :'(

Just awful.

Yea, terrible.  I feel bad for him and anyone who gets that kind of devastating news.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Doesn't sound good for Ronnie. :'(

Just awful.

Yeah.  My first reaction was "I hope he's around to see it released".   :-\ :'(
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Eclipse released a live album/bluray, here's the video of Downfall of Eden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLVKJFACEQ8

I bought the blu-ray and it came with an immediate digital download of the audio, pretty cool  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Eclipse released a live album/bluray, here's the video of Downfall of Eden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLVKJFACEQ8

I bought the blu-ray and it came with an immediate digital download of the audio, pretty cool  :metal

I used to love this band but jeez they turned into a pile of shit for me.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Iron Savior

https://youtu.be/sw_XL8V3dgc

I like these guys.  They have been surprisingly consistent and the last one was very good.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I should check them out.  I think I've tried them here and there, but don't really remember much.

Right after I listen to the new Pyramaze that dropped today.   :metal
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I should check them out.  I think I've tried them here and there, but don't really remember much.

Right after I listen to the new Pyramaze that dropped today.   :metal

Didn't realise that was out already.

Yeah, IS is nothing remarkable, probably wouldn't do much for you I'm guessing, but they are very good heavy metal.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Speaking of Keel;

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ron-keel-is-planning-to-perform-special-black-sabbath-set-in-honor-of-his-time-with-the-band/

:rollin  What an absolute flog!  Hey Ron, you forgot you didn't join Sabbath for a reason, and I guarantee most fans never knew you were even looked at.  I sure didn't, nor do I give a fuck.

Oh damn, it's such a shame Tony went with the legend that is Glenn Hughes for the next album.  Would have much preferred Ron Keel!! LOL!!!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I barely remember him being in Keel! ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:rollin

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Iron Savior does an excellent version of Desert Plains.

I’m with Paul with Keel. The Right to Rock rocks, pure 80s.  When it comes to 80s Sabbath, it’s pretty interesting seeing how many different singers had a cup of coffee with the band. Ray Gillen had a few shows with the band. I think Ron Keel and Dave Donato had a photo shoot with the band lol.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

:rollin
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Love Martin but, Gillans version of TEI.  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I’ve listened to both...would you pick Gillian over Martin? Obviously Ronnie wins it all

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I’ve listened to both...would you pick Gillian over Martin? Obviously Ronnie wins it all

Nah, don't think so.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Ronnie right?  :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The Martin stuff has always been a personal fav, but there's no comparison between the two vocally.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The Martin stuff has always been a personal fav, but there's no comparison between the two vocally.

Martin era is underrated no question, we’ve talked about this and they deserve a true reissue. But those two albums, Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules will always be true heavy metal classics  :metal

Offline Lowdz

:rollin :rollin

I can’t generally stand Glenn Hughes so would have taken RK instead of him.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

:rollin :rollin

I can’t generally stand Glenn Hughes so would have taken RK instead of him.

I think Hughes is great on Seventh Star.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Seventh Star is a good album. I believe it was supposed to be a Tony solo album but the record company made him stick the Sabbath name to it

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Seventh Star is a good album. I believe it was supposed to be a Tony solo album but the record company made him stick the Sabbath name to it

Correct.

Offline Lowdz

New track from Dino Jelasic, where he put vocals on a Bumblefoot instrumental. Great job considering the restraints of doing it this way.

https://youtu.be/3jw5QFSIEF4

Kind of reminds me of Ark, only better.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Dino Jelasic?

Is that dinosaur rock from the jelasic period?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
It's funny having Tim type that out.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Dino Jelasic?

Is that dinosaur rock from the jelasic period?

Offline Lowdz

Just seen a video on Facebook from Biff, Saxon are doing a covers album. 🥱. Covers albums should be banned.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just seen a video on Facebook from Biff, Saxon are doing a covers album. 🥱. Covers albums should be banned.

Why would a band of this age bother?  They have been on a roll, just keep cranking out new tunes

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Did it mention what songs they would cover?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Just googled it, no track list yet. But I’ve never been much into cover albums either

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Why would a band of this age bother? 

I was listening to The Salentino Cuts last night, the final album by UFO. It's a covers album too. It is also like Saxon's, which is them doing old songs that inspired them. But I have no interest in some interpretation of some old track. Like I care to hear UFO cover Break On Through?

Actually the two best tracks on the album are not really old songs. They are John Mellancamp's Paper In Fire and Mad Season's River Of Deceit.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Saxon did a cool cover of You’ve Got Another Thing Coming on a old Priest tribute album. There were two volumes, I think they were called legends of metal. They were actually pretty good; UDO, Fates Warning, Iced Earth, Virgin Steele, Helloween, etc were on it.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
I like a cover here and there, especially if there's a new interpretation to the original. But a whole record of covers isn't cool. Always makes me think that the band is running out of ideas. And when they cover artists they are influenced by, it's always the same old songs, so boring.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I like a cover here and there, especially if there's a new interpretation to the original. But a whole record of covers isn't cool. Always makes me think that the band is running out of ideas. And when they cover artists they are influenced by, it's always the same old songs, so boring.

Plus as Tim said, it's songs we normally don't give a fuck about or want to hear in the first place.