Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907701 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
First thing I thought of. :lol

I mean there was a point in the second verse I think (listened to it once), where they were a bit predictable.

The lyrics didn't bother me at all.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What I took notice with the lyrics too were just awful.

And yet (cuz I literally just read this page in the UFO thread) ...

Lyrics were never something I paid much attention to with any music I've ever listened to.  It just doesn't carry much weight for me.

So that's saying something.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
That happens to me. I don't often pay much attention to lyrics in general, but they definitely stand out as a negative when they are particularly bad.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That happens to me. I don't often pay much attention to lyrics in general, but they definitely stand out as a negative when they are particularly bad.

Indeed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I am only posting this video because I was laughing so hard at the comments, I was crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3QmqP9DPw
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I am only posting this video because I was laughing so hard at the comments, I was crying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3QmqP9DPw

I wonder if the drummer got fired missing his cue at 2:18.

I watched the whole thing.  I just love watching this dude play.  So many jealous, bitter people commenting that just wish they could play a tenth as good as him.

He's gone a bit weird the last few years but damn he's one of my fav guitarists.  Wish he respected musicians around him and still played with high calibre musicians.  I don't get why people hate on him for his attitude.  I mean he loves himself and is a rude prick.  Who gives a shit, that's his perogative.  One guy in the comments says that Yngwie told him to fuck off lol.  I'd probably tell him to fuck off too.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

I know there is a post for this but fuck, EVH is gone.

Changed music as we know it.

So sad.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I’ve mentioned before how much I love those first six Van Halen albums. At the very top of my all time favorite music ever and really the definition of hard rock.

😢

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Never a big influence on me but he changed the game.  Only 65 too.

Offline Lowdz

He will have been, indirectly, through the players you love.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

He will have been, indirectly, through the players you love.

Oh yeah mate, I know that all too well.  I hear so much of him in a lot of a lot of my fav players, just thinking now.  His influence is unmatched.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Alright, the Accept was a little better on the second listen.  I know I said I don't pay attention to lyrics, but come on, that first verse was written by a 5 year old.  I hear the Princess of the Dawn flavour too.  I'll wait for the album.  I think this song will be better and more acceptable in the context of the album.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Had to save this from Page 2.  Found on Borealis' FB page today

Recording Update: What a year its been 😅. We started tracking in late February right before the pandemic and had to put things on pause for a while.

We got back at it in May and have slowly been making progress.

We're about 3/4 of the way through tracking all instruments (overdubs and guitar solos are being recorded now) and then we're on to tracking vocals.

Then its mixing and mastering time.

:metal

Also, new Lords of Black.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzywPFn7dK0

Yeah yeah... let the Ronnie bashing begin.  Nothing terribly original from LoB, but I'm a fanboi, so yeah.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I saw this posted yesterday and I thought of you.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Of course you did.  :zydar:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

It's ok. It really needs a chorus though.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Me too.  I didn't click on it though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Me neither. :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Me neither. :lol

:lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That's a world class gif.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Well fuck.

Ronnie Atkins Official FB

As promised a week ago here’s a little update on my current health situation.

I’m not gonna go into details, but just state that unfortunately I’m still battling cancer!! After some pain issues and following a scan just before Easter this year I was told that the cancer had spread and I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, which in principle means incurable!

Now there were two paths I could go by! I could sit down in a corner and feel pity for myself (which I guess I did for a while) or I could try to carry on living and do what I do best and I chose the latter.

So with great back up from my family and true friends I decided to keep on writing music and lyrics plus the fact that I had a lot of ideas/songs that I wanted to get out of my system. So that’s what I’ve been doing on/off for the last couple of months.

That eventually means that some new music is coming from me in the immediate future, but more details on that later.

All that said, I must state that I feel good these days and have done for a while. I still get treatments, mainly immune therapy. I have some permanent pain issues and other sequelaes that I have to deal with! And mentally, I have my good days and my bad days, so be it !

But I feel that I’m in good hands with the doctors and staff who’s treating me, so everything considered I’m in good spirits!

It is what it is and I can’t change that whatsoever, so I simply aim to get the best out of life. 😊

Finally another huuuuge thank to all of you out there who’s been rooting for me and cheering me up through this process ! Means a lot to me 🙏

Love ❤️
Ronnie

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sad news

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That totally blows.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just awful.  Fuck cancer.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
And to offset that with some good news ...

VOODOO CIRCLE: Vocalist David Readman and drummer Markus Kullmann re-join the circle / New album „Locked & Loaded“ to be released in January!

Fans of classic hard rock will be delighted to hear that VOODOO CIRCLE, the band lead by guitar wizard Alex Beyrodt, is rejoined by vocalist David Readman and drummer Markus Kullmann. Beside Alex and bassist/songwriter Mat Sinner (who is a constant in the band since day one), David and Markus returning to Voodoo Circle now sees the original line-up back together again!
The group has already finished work on the successor to 2018’s „Raised On Rock“. The new album, titled „Locked & Loaded“, will be released on January 15th. Once again, Voodoo Circle were able to secure the services of Jacob Hansen for mix and mastering. „Devil With An Angel Smile“, the first single off „Locked & Loaded“, is expected to arrive on October 30th.

Offline Lowdz

And to offset that with some good news ...

VOODOO CIRCLE: Vocalist David Readman and drummer Markus Kullmann re-join the circle / New album „Locked & Loaded“ to be released in January!

Fans of classic hard rock will be delighted to hear that VOODOO CIRCLE, the band lead by guitar wizard Alex Beyrodt, is rejoined by vocalist David Readman and drummer Markus Kullmann. Beside Alex and bassist/songwriter Mat Sinner (who is a constant in the band since day one), David and Markus returning to Voodoo Circle now sees the original line-up back together again!
The group has already finished work on the successor to 2018’s „Raised On Rock“. The new album, titled „Locked & Loaded“, will be released on January 15th. Once again, Voodoo Circle were able to secure the services of Jacob Hansen for mix and mastering. „Devil With An Angel Smile“, the first single off „Locked & Loaded“, is expected to arrive on October 30th.

Yay. Whitesnake are back baby 🤘

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really wish Alex would focus more on Silent Force personally.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

A reunion with DC would be pretty cool

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

A reunion with DC would be pretty cool

I liked the last fella but this would be sweet.  Might get some inspiration back into his songwriting and guitar playing.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
He did a very good job, but DC..... :metal :metal :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf......how awesome is “Wild Child” by W.A.S.P.........seriously an outstanding song  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's a great tune.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolf......how awesome is “Wild Child” by W.A.S.P.........seriously an outstanding song  :metal

Fucking classic tune.  So good.