Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896604 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!
« Reply #12495 on: September 23, 2020, 05:07:50 AM »
Saw that at the weekend. Loved it. There’s some talent there. Dino is the new Ronnie Romero! 😀

He's miles better than Ronnie.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND TAKE THAT BACK!!!!

Okay, he's kilometres better than Ronnie.

Well played, ya bogan.  Well played
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!
« Reply #12496 on: September 23, 2020, 05:21:22 AM »
Saw that at the weekend. Loved it. There’s some talent there. Dino is the new Ronnie Romero! 😀

He's miles better than Ronnie.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND TAKE THAT BACK!!!!

Okay, he's kilometres better than Ronnie.

Well played, ya bogan.  Well played

You are a bogan for knowing the word bogan.  Just sayin'  ;D
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12497 on: September 23, 2020, 05:27:07 AM »
 :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #12498 on: September 23, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »
But I also agree with the Chadster.........X Factor and Virtual X1 just doesnt seem to connect no matter how many listens.....for the vast majority, I'm sticking with NOTB-SSOASS.......I'm content with that.

I'm with ya brother, if you throw in the all conquering Killers too.  :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #12499 on: September 26, 2020, 11:12:17 AM »
https://youtu.be/Kh4p112gUp4

Not sure whether it’s awesome or an abomination 😀😀😀

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12500 on: September 26, 2020, 12:42:55 PM »
I think that is very cool

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12501 on: September 28, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »
Earlier I was listening to Van Han best of volume 1 (I doubt volume 2 is ever coming out lol). But gotta say, “Can’t Get This Stuff No More” and “Me Wise Magic” are still pretty kick ass tunes. I can’t fathom how Eddie thought they would have success after teasing a reunion with Dave, releasing these two songs, and then going with Gary Cherone. It was doomed for failure basically immediately. Gary is a great singer but I thought for the most part VH3 was dreadful.

Only a casual fan of the Sammy material but those first six Van Halen albums are at the very top of my all time favorite music  :metal

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12502 on: September 29, 2020, 11:08:01 AM »
Our new album, "The Ghost Xperiment - Illumination" will be released on December 4, 2020

Hells yeah.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12503 on: September 29, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »
New song was pretty decent too, hopefully this'll be a bit better than their latest.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #12504 on: September 29, 2020, 01:59:46 PM »
New song was pretty decent too, hopefully this'll be a bit better than their latest.

New song was typical VP, so yeah, was great.

https://youtu.be/UKAeRyNXErI

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12505 on: September 29, 2020, 03:41:28 PM »

I wasn't sold on it initially but ended up getting into it.  It's very good even if it is VP by numbers.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12506 on: September 29, 2020, 03:42:51 PM »
The song was actually pretty decent, but I still hate that guy's voice.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12507 on: September 30, 2020, 05:39:47 AM »

They really seem to be heavily stuck in the same formula.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12508 on: September 30, 2020, 05:51:54 AM »

Indeed.  Just like most acts that are 10ish albums deep in their career at this point.  Ayreon, Primal Fear, Magnus Karlsson <anything>, Evergrey, Firewind, Pretty Maids, HEAT, all come to mind.  Thankfully, it's a really enjoyable formula.

Chocolate cake is still chocolate cake  :metal  And if I want a piece of cake, I fucking eat it!!!   :lol

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #12509 on: September 30, 2020, 12:44:59 PM »
New Persuader.

https://youtu.be/mrRJ-lp7CUA

I was listening to it, liking the riff, seemed to take forever to get to the chorus, then it happened and I thought itwas poor - then the real chorus happened and all was forgiven.

The singer really couldn’t sound any more like Hansi Kursch.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12510 on: September 30, 2020, 01:36:57 PM »
Anyone (Tim) sample The Waymaker album (couple months back, they released their cover of Soldiers Under Command).

Just an 8-track shorty, but damn it's nice.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12511 on: September 30, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »

Indeed.  Just like most acts that are 10ish albums deep in their career at this point.  Ayreon, Primal Fear, Magnus Karlsson <anything>, Evergrey, Firewind, Pretty Maids, HEAT, all come to mind.  Thankfully, it's a really enjoyable formula.

Chocolate cake is still chocolate cake  :metal  And if I want a piece of cake, I fucking eat it!!!   :lol

Yeah I know but seems VP for me are becoming more same due to this.  It was hard for me to get into the last album because of this, but I'm sure I'll warm to it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12512 on: September 30, 2020, 04:35:53 PM »
Vanilla Plas
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12513 on: September 30, 2020, 05:04:14 PM »
Vanilla Plas

Their old stuff each had such a unique flavour, feel and sound but they have just gotten stuck in a rut now IMO.  It's a high quality rut mind you but just no personality between each album anymore.  I know that can be said about a lot of bands like Chad mentioned.  Just a little disappointing.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Anyone (Tim) sample The Waymaker album (couple months back, they released their cover of Soldiers Under Command).

Chad, thank you for reminding me about that, it totally slipped my mind. I've been immersed in the UFO thread.

Listening now. Yes that's the dude from Golden Resurrection on vocals. I just Saved it on Spotify.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Chad, thank you for reminding me about that, it totally slipped my mind. I've been immersed in the UFO thread.

Listening now. Yes that's the dude from Golden Resurrection on vocals. I just Saved it on Spotify.

Speaking of new albums from a band with a dude you love ... Lowdz... did you check out the new Brother Firetribe?  Lead singer is from Leverage (though, since they've already got a handful of releases, you probably know them already).

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow!  The new Accept song is shit.

Offline Lowdz

Speaking of new albums from a band with a dude you love ... Lowdz... did you check out the new Brother Firetribe?  Lead singer is from Leverage (though, since they've already got a handful of releases, you probably know them already).

I gave it a listen the other day but it didn't particularly stand out. I love the first two I did prefer Leverage over Brother Firetribe. The Tides album is awesome. i used it in a roulette and it did well. Was it your?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I gave it a listen the other day but it didn't particularly stand out. I love the first two I did prefer Leverage over Brother Firetribe. The Tides album is awesome. i used it in a roulette and it did well. Was it your?

Not in mine.  But I'll take note of giving their back catalogue a spin

Offline Lowdz

I loved that Brother Firetribe called their first album False Metal. The ManOwaR fan in me loved that.  :lol

Offline gazinwales

Pekka actually is not in Leverage anymore, their last album had a different singer.
BFT great band, the only MR band that is vaguely interesting to me, new album is a little different to the previous 4, has a very high tech west coast sound to it.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m digging the short snippet of the new AC/DC song. Wolf you mentioned you didn’t think much of the new Accept. I listened to most of it, it’s seems like a bit of a different direction. Not sure yet on that one

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I’m digging the short snippet of the new AC/DC song. Wolf you mentioned you didn’t think much of the new Accept. I listened to most of it, it’s seems like a bit of a different direction. Not sure yet on that one

I'll reserve judgement until the full album, but damn I was disappointed.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
No fucking way.

Just listened to The Undertaker. That is a great song. They started to sound a bit samey honestly.

I love the Princess Of The Dawn style feel to it. Real old school feel to it.

The video is wild.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
No fucking way.

Just listened to The Undertaker. That is a great song. They started to sound a bit samey honestly.

I love the Princess Of The Dawn style feel to it. Real old school feel to it.

The video is wild.

I'll make sure I give it another shot.

Offline gazinwales

I thought it was absolute garbage and turned it off after the first chorus...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I thought it was absolute garbage and turned it off after the first chorus...

Thanks.  Thought I might have been going mad.

Offline Lowdz

The vocals ruined it for me. I enjoyed the riffing, and the production sounds great.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
What I took notice with the lyrics too were just awful.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
What I took notice with the lyrics too were just awful.

And yet (cuz I literally just read this page in the UFO thread) ...

Lyrics were never something I paid much attention to with any music I've ever listened to.  It just doesn't carry much weight for me.