Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 901882 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline gazinwales

Re: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!
« Reply #12461 on: September 18, 2020, 01:48:43 PM »
Yeah saw it last night with 3/5 of the classic Accept line-up involved.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!
« Reply #12463 on: September 18, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »
That’s interesting when classic line ups seem to slowly test the waters. But I can’t see Wolf joining them but could easily be wrong

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12464 on: September 18, 2020, 03:17:17 PM »
I think it's amazing that Stefan Kaufman became a guitarist. He sounds really good, and I know he was in UDO's band for a long time.

But I LOVED him as a drummer.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #12465 on: September 18, 2020, 05:39:59 PM »
I think it's amazing that Stefan Kaufman became a guitarist. He sounds really good, and I know he was in UDO's band for a long time.

But I LOVED him as a drummer.

He probably played guitar for many years, now if UDO could get Herman Frank in this line up would be amazing.
BTW I don't think there is a chance in hell of UDO working with Wolf ever again.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12466 on: September 18, 2020, 06:29:18 PM »
Maybe UDO can bring in our Wolf to replace Wolf and start up UDO'S Accept.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12467 on: September 18, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »
I would Accept that!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12468 on: September 18, 2020, 06:34:43 PM »
 :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12469 on: September 18, 2020, 07:07:09 PM »

:metal  What a dream come true that would be, seriously.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12470 on: September 18, 2020, 07:09:02 PM »

:metal  What a dream come true that would be, seriously.

:metal :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12471 on: September 18, 2020, 07:10:21 PM »
Wolf, would you have no problem learning everything from Accept or do you already know most of it?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12472 on: September 18, 2020, 07:20:17 PM »
Wolf, would you have no problem learning everything from Accept or do you already know most of it?

Nah, Accept were never one I played much.  I was mainly Maiden, Sabbath and Priest when it came to the older bands back when I was learning.  Plus Satch, Yngwie etc.

If that opportunity was a possibility, I'd learn ever single Accept and UDO song front to back, no question.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12473 on: September 18, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »
Accept kicks ass especially Restless and Wild, Balls to the Wall and Metal Heart  :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12474 on: September 18, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
Accept kicks ass especially Restless and Wild, Balls to the Wall and Metal Heart  :metal

...and Russian Roulette. That is a great 4 album run. 5 if you include Breaker.

It's funny, but I think once a month I'll do that run. Great albums. Such happy music. Metal Heart is on of my all time favorite albums.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12475 on: September 18, 2020, 07:35:11 PM »

...and Russian Roulette. That is a great 4 album run. 5 if you include Breaker.

It's funny, but I think once a month I'll do that run. Great albums. Such happy music. Metal Heart is on of my all time favorite albums.

Definitely.  Breaker and RR are awesome, but both just slightly outside the box of the big three for me personally.  But those are the five main Accept albums for me.  Everything else is great, but those are the go to albums.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12476 on: September 19, 2020, 04:31:16 AM »

Metal Heart is the winner here.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #12477 on: September 19, 2020, 08:12:10 AM »
DIRKSCHNEIDER & THE OLD GANG - Where The Angels Fly (2020)

I mean come on now, that's just so  :metal

That was a really good song.

Never heard any Accept, except ( :biggrin:) Balls To The Wall and maybe another song I heard from Satellite Radio.

If this is how Accept albums sound. What album should I get.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #12478 on: September 22, 2020, 02:32:21 PM »
Another goodie but very diffrent: Joel Hoekstra/Dino Jelusick/Virgil Donati/Tony Franklin - Stormbringer

That's the most tame i've ever heard Virgil play in a song....until the solo part came of course.  :lol

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #12479 on: September 22, 2020, 03:00:32 PM »
Saw that at the weekend. Loved it. There’s some talent there. Dino is the new Ronnie Romero! 😀

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12480 on: September 22, 2020, 03:27:11 PM »
Saw that at the weekend. Loved it. There’s some talent there. Dino is the new Ronnie Romero! 😀

He's miles better than Ronnie.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #12481 on: September 22, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
Romero is this generation's Graham Bonnet. STFU already! :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12482 on: September 22, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »
Up next after UFO, the Ronnie Romeo listening party for Tim.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12483 on: September 22, 2020, 04:42:13 PM »

Wolf, impressive you didn't go for the soft ball Winger zinger.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12484 on: September 22, 2020, 04:47:47 PM »

Wolf, impressive you didn't go for the soft ball Winger zinger.

Soften him up with Ronnie then a blindside Winger attack!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12485 on: September 22, 2020, 04:49:07 PM »
A Winger discography and listening party thread would really be classic

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #12486 on: September 22, 2020, 04:55:56 PM »

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND TAKE THAT BACK!!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12487 on: September 22, 2020, 08:53:03 PM »
I 100% agree with the Wolfster............Judas Be My Guide is such a kick ass tune  :metal :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12488 on: September 22, 2020, 09:34:02 PM »
But I also agree with the Chadster.........X Factor and Virtual X1 just doesnt seem to connect no matter how many listens.....for the vast majority, I'm sticking with NOTB-SSOASS.......I'm content with that.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #12489 on: September 22, 2020, 10:24:17 PM »
Wrong thread, Jay.  But still, the right message.   :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12490 on: September 22, 2020, 10:39:40 PM »

I only 98% check out The Official Hard Rock/Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread, I should always get a break  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12491 on: September 22, 2020, 10:52:39 PM »

He can write that shit in any thread he likes lol  :metal :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12492 on: September 22, 2020, 10:53:47 PM »

Okay, he's kilometres better than Ronnie.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12493 on: September 22, 2020, 10:54:48 PM »
I read and analyze many threads but my opinion also comes down to the Official Hard Rock/Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread  :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12494 on: September 22, 2020, 10:56:10 PM »

Okay, he's kilometres better than Ronnie.

Is that a Canadian zinger?