Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 907426 times)

frogprog and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Crucify Me rips.  Should have been on disc 1.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Is Ralf saying 'bugger off' in Leave Me Alone?  :rollin :rollin :rollin  WTF!?

Must've picked that up on the Aussie tour.  :D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Is Ralf saying 'bugger off' in Leave Me Alone?  :rollin :rollin :rollin  WTF!?

Must've picked that up on the Aussie tour.  :D

Lol yeah, crazy.  He mustn't be.  I must be hearing it wrong.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Usually Primal Fear has the lyrics in the cd booklet.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Usually Primal Fear has the lyrics in the cd booklet.

No lyrics for the bonus cd tracks.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, Infinity is some song.  That chorus melody is huge and I love the lyrics.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Hell yes. I listened to this a few pages ago in this thread. I actually forgot I did until you mentioned Infinity, which is indeed awesome!
I just can't get through an entire album of Ralf in one go.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Hell yes. I listened to this a few pages ago in this thread. I actually forgot I did until you mentioned Infinity, which is indeed awesome!
I just can't get through an entire album of Ralf in one go.

Yeah I remember you saying it was a SOTY nomination.  First listen I wasn't so sure, but 3 listens in and holy shit, this song is unbelievalbe.  It's very simple, but the whole atmosphere of it is just really comforting.  The verses are so straightforward but powerful and that chorus is so strong.  This actually gives me an older Gamma Ray feel for some reason.  Could be one of Magnus' best choruses. These lyrics strike a chord with me;

I can't stop thinking about you, it's burning my soul
 I'm fighting my demons, I just wanna die here alone
 I walk through the ruins of my life, there's nowhere to go
 Bury my dreams, let me bleed, I'm alive and not gone

and this line;

Bullets can't hurt me, my heart died a long time ago

Holy shit.

The outro made more sense when I listened to it in the car this morning and the power of the song really came to light.

The album is pretty good.  It's good to see Tom writing a few more and adds some diversity.  It's a pretty damn good album.  The band have released strong work every 2 years since 2012.  That's impressive.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Still not in the same stratosphere as “Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove”

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

This is probably the most bizarre choice for a bonus track ever!  Like why was this only a bonus track?  :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

This is probably the most bizarre choice for a bonus track ever!  Like why was this only a bonus track?  :lol

I’m sure we have both listened to a shit ton of Primal Fear.......best song ever from Primal Fear? Not sure it’s even worth a debate lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Not many metal tracks where I’ve stopped in my tracks and done a double turn at the metal awesomeness ......another example is Queensryche- Queen of the Reich.......Rollercoaster from Primal Fear also deserves honourable mention from the band itself

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I’m sure we have both listened to a shit ton of Primal Fear.......best song ever from Primal Fear? Not sure it’s even worth a debate lol

You know, I don't think I've ever really thought about a best of list for PF.  Wouldn't know where to start there's so much good shit.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I have always found Primal Fear a bit hot and cold................sometimes samey............but Jay sent me that track in a roulette (I must've had them as one of my "convince me" bands) and yeah -   might've got Jay a 10 that one  :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I have always found Primal Fear a bit hot and cold................sometimes samey............but Jay sent me that track in a roulette (I must've had them as one of my "convince me" bands) and yeah -   might've got Jay a 10 that one  :lol

I remember that now you mention it.

Hard to believe they are up to 13 albums.  I might have a crack at a top 20 or something after I do my Maiden list.

Offline Lowdz

Had a casual listen to the PF the other day but wasn't really concentrating. Nothing was grabbing me and Ralph's vocals on the first song were putting me off. Sounded weak and shrill.Will give it a proper go soon, at a decent volume - that might help.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Seven Seals is the earliest release I have.  I also have Metal Is Forever compilation, so that's the extent of my pre 2005 PF.  I skipped New Religion (not sure why), but have everything since 16.6.

Very much looking forward to the S-X/PF/Firewind show next May (assuming it happens).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Nuclear Fire and Black Sun are classics.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Nuclear Fire and Black Sun are classics.

Yeah, I spun Nuclear Fire today, and fuck was it good.  Really struggling with whether I should buy it.  I mean, I already have 7 PF albums that I don't listen to frequently enough - and that doesn't even count Metal Commando!   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm pretty sure I've seen a package with like the first 5 albums for a good price.  Something along those lines anyway.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
The cover tunes on that Metal is Forever album are  :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The cover tunes on that Metal is Forever album are  :metal :metal

Yeah, that's an awesome covers album. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
This is what I was thinking of Chad.

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd-boxset/primal-fear-the-nuclear-blast-recordings-6cd.html

Well damn. If it wasn’t for the fact that shipping to Canada is almost the same price as the box set itself, I would have considered it.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :corn
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/cd/cd-boxset/primal-fear-the-nuclear-blast-recordings-6cd.html

Well damn. If it wasn’t for the fact that shipping to Canada is almost the same price as the box set itself, I would have considered it.

Just think, it will arrive a few weeks before May 21st, 2021.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm sure if you searched you may be able to find it locally no?

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Like usual with a Wolfster response......... :metal :metal

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Am I the only one who really couldn't give a shit about this?

;D

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Am I the only one who really couldn't give a shit about this?

;D

I think the answer is yes.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Wolfster  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, the new Pyramaze song is awesome

https://youtu.be/-DcCPYiNu20

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I like it , although I hear a LOT of very familiar sounds.   Hansen is a deadringer for someone I can't put my finger on at the moment - perhaps the dude from Saint Daemon-  and I also reckon their current sound is heavily influenced by a band called Divided Multitude (who yes....were around before Pyramaze).   The other thing I struggle with is the production - as soon as it started I was a bit put off.  Just such a wall of muddy sound.

All that said , I found it a pleasant listen  :lol

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I like it , although I hear a LOT of very familiar sounds.   Hansen is a deadringer for someone I can't put my finger on at the moment - perhaps the dude from Saint Daemon-  and I also reckon their current sound is heavily influenced by a band called Divided Multitude (who yes....were around before Pyramaze).   The other thing I struggle with is the production - as soon as it started I was a bit put off.  Just such a wall of muddy sound.

All that said , I found it a pleasant listen  :lol

I liked that but yeah, the muddiness probably comes down to 7 string guitars. i hate them.