Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902507 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I have an album called The Monster In Me from 2019 - is there another after that? 

How would you have it? Where did you hear of it, and why didn't you tell us about it??

No idea.  No idea .   Maybe not enough growls?  :biggrin:       I haven't been posting a great deal period.....probably decided to wait until I found time to properly check out the album and never did.  I still haven't listened to the full album but must've liked what I sampled enough to get it.

The last 18 months is a bit of a blur but I have still tried to at least partially keep across rare albums that may be of interest to us.......sampling plenty and getting a few.  Just never got around to properly following up , listening/posting etc.......  I have a gigantic list somewhere around here . 
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I have a gigantic list somewhere around here .

You should assign each of us like 5 albums to listen to and review.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Hard Rock Homework 😆

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I have an album called The Monster In Me from 2019 - is there another after that? 

How would you have it? Where did you hear of it, and why didn't you tell us about it??

No idea.  No idea .   Maybe not enough growls?  :biggrin:       I haven't been posting a great deal period.....probably decided to wait until I found time to properly check out the album and never did.  I still haven't listened to the full album but must've liked what I sampled enough to get it.

The last 18 months is a bit of a blur but I have still tried to at least partially keep across rare albums that may be of interest to us.......sampling plenty and getting a few.  Just never got around to properly following up , listening/posting etc.......  I have a gigantic list somewhere around here .

Where are you buying your stuff from?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Interesting idea.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Interesting idea.

Just waiting for the shaming.. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

Interesting idea.

I’d be down for this.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

Where are you buying your stuff from?

Almost all digital these days but I am so used to hunting things down that if I want a CD/album locally I can usually find it or know someone who can help. I have a decent network who will "copy a tape" for me when I cannot source something rare myself :lol  Sometimes some nice person will send me a promo too , but happens less these days .

There is a local Ebay store that has it on CD

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CARTHAGODS-MONSTER-IN-ME-NEW-CD/293660315792?hash=item445f84d090:g:UQ4AAOSwFKtfGhK8&frcectupt=true

Looks like I got this particular one in mp3 via Amazon music.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:23:22 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, that store has 10 copies!  :lol  must have brought Australias whole supply.

I've used Amazon to purchase cd's before.  It's okay.

Offline gazinwales

38 bucks for a CD is steep, I only pay that much for Japan imports.
That said music is pretty good, but that voice I actually thought it was Rick Altzi, an absolute dead-ringer for him.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
38 bucks for a CD is steep, I only pay that much for Japan imports.
That said music is pretty good, but that voice I actually thought it was Rick Altzi, an absolute dead-ringer for him.

Both Chad and I said the same thing.  I actually checked to see if it was him.  He also reminds me of David Draiman from Disturbed.

Offline Lowdz

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :metal

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Nice................. heavy and melodic  :metal   Got my attention!

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Bad ass! :metal :metal

Can't wait for the album. I love this band so much.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Posting here, cuz it sure as hell doesn't belong in the Frontiers thread!  Nice to see they got a deal with a major label.

Danish Progressive Power Metal group PYRAMAZE has just inked a record deal in order to put out their next full-length studio album called “Epitaph” via AFM Records. The album will be released on November 13th – pre-order starts now.

Both AFM Records and PYRAMAZE are extremely happy about the deal and are looking forward to a strong, professional and hopefully long partnership. This new musical union offers good prospects for both parties – while PYRAMAZE found a partner that has great expertise working with a lot of successful Progressive and Power Metal artist such as Evergrey, Orden Ogan, Redemption, Brothers Of Metal and many more, the band offers a tremendous amount of musical and technical craftmanship and quality to add to the labels roster.

This album being the third one with their current lineup, PYRAMAZE continues to fuse their signature meld of memorable melodies, powerful riffs and soaring catchy vocals to keep listeners coming back for more - pleasing both old and new PYRAMAZE fans alike. This upcoming release will prove to be their most melodic and accessible creation to date, featuring guest appearances by Brittney Slayes of Unleash the Archers, and former PYRAMAZE singers Matt Barlow and Lance King.

The first single to appear very soon, so keep an eye on the band’s and label’s social media channels.

“Epitaph” is available here: https://shop.afm-records.de/pyramaze/

I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
http://bravewords.com/news/accept-singer-mark-tornillo-s-26-year-old-son-michael-tyler-tornillo-passes-away

This is awful.

Fuckin' hell.  I'm not a father but that must be the most heartbreaking thing ever.  Awful.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Posting here, cuz it sure as hell doesn't belong in the Frontiers thread!  Nice to see they got a deal with a major label.

Danish Progressive Power Metal group PYRAMAZE has just inked a record deal in order to put out their next full-length studio album called “Epitaph” via AFM Records. The album will be released on November 13th – pre-order starts now.

Both AFM Records and PYRAMAZE are extremely happy about the deal and are looking forward to a strong, professional and hopefully long partnership. This new musical union offers good prospects for both parties – while PYRAMAZE found a partner that has great expertise working with a lot of successful Progressive and Power Metal artist such as Evergrey, Orden Ogan, Redemption, Brothers Of Metal and many more, the band offers a tremendous amount of musical and technical craftmanship and quality to add to the labels roster.

This album being the third one with their current lineup, PYRAMAZE continues to fuse their signature meld of memorable melodies, powerful riffs and soaring catchy vocals to keep listeners coming back for more - pleasing both old and new PYRAMAZE fans alike. This upcoming release will prove to be their most melodic and accessible creation to date, featuring guest appearances by Brittney Slayes of Unleash the Archers, and former PYRAMAZE singers Matt Barlow and Lance King.

The first single to appear very soon, so keep an eye on the band’s and label’s social media channels.

“Epitaph” is available here: https://shop.afm-records.de/pyramaze/

Get in me!!

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
Wow, guest spots by Matt Barlow, Lance King and Britney Slays?   :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
If all 3 singers are on the one track, that's going to be epic.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
If all 3 singers are on the one track, that's going to be epic.

It was pretty epic when Barlow showed up at PPUSA a couple years back, and they did exactly this (Lance King was their for his record label to pimp his inventory in the merch room - I think he's there every year).

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Seems S-X have rescheduled the tour, almost 1-year to the date (it's literally the exact same date for Toronto).

WE are truly excited to announce that our 25th Anniversary Tour with Primal Fear and Firewind has been rescheduled to May/June 2021!
We truly can't wait to see you all in 2021!

Get your tickets here --> https://bnds.us/zwnq7z

2021-05-12 Reverb Reading, PA
2021-05-13 bergenPAC (Bergen Performing Arts Center), NJ
2021-05-14 Worcester Palladium, Worcester, MA
2021-05-15 Mulcahy's Pub & Concert Hall, Wantagh, NY
2021-05-16 The Chance Theater, Poughkeepsie, NY
2021-05-18 The Fairmount , Montreal, QC
2021-05-19 Impérial Bell, Quebec City, QC
2021-05-21 The Phoenix Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
2021-05-22 The Agora, Cleveland, OH
2021-05-23 The Token Lounge, Westland, MI
2021-05-25 The Forge, Joliet, IL
2021-05-26 The Cabooze, Minneapolis, MN
2021-05-28 The Starlite Room, Edmonton, AB
2021-05-29 The Gateway, Calgary, AB
2021-05-31 El Corazon, Seattle, WA
2021-06-01 VENUE, Vancouver, BC
2021-06-03 Hawthorne Theatre, Portland, OR
2021-06-04 Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA
2021-06-05 Whisky A Go-Go, West Hollywood, CA
2021-06-06 Grove of Anaheim, Anaheim, CA
2021-06-07 Club Red, Tempe, AZ
2021-06-09 Sunshine Theater, Albuquerque, NM
2021-06-10 Herman's Hideaway, Denver, CO
2021-06-12 Trees Dallas, Dallas, TX
2021-06-13 Come and Take It Live, Austin, TX
2021-06-14 Scout Bar, Houston, TX
2021-06-16 The Kelsey Theater, West Palm Beach, FL
2021-06-17 The RITZ Ybor, Ybor City, FL
2021-06-18 Center Stage - The Loft - Vinyl, Atlanta, GA

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Managed to pick up the new Primal Fear 2cd version yesterday.  Won't be able to listen til Sunday night but looking forward to cranking this one.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Curious to see what you think of it

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Curious to see what you think of it

To be honest I haven't really liked the singles much I always seem to come round to them in the context of an album format.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
My money is on "solid".

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Reading all the responses on social media ....Pete Way had a huge impact on many people and musicians

:metal UFO

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
My money is on "solid".

I thought it was rock solid.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I Will Be Gone.

What the fuck is this doing in the middle of a Primal Fear album??

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
No good?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Is Ralf saying 'bugger off' in Leave Me Alone?  :rollin :rollin :rollin  WTF!?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
No good?

Pretty much the same, but really quite decent.  Halo was excellent and Banshee also ripped.  Infinity is a great closer, but I didn't really understand the outro. 

Just listening to the bonus disc now.  I'd say the first disc was 'really solid.'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, can't find lyrics on the net for Leave Me Alone. 

The lyrics on Second to None sound just as cheesy.  I guess I can see why they chose to put these tracks on a seperate disc to the same actual disc as the album.  :lol

Second to None sounds like a heavier Vega song lol.