Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 905155 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That Y&T song is great.  Come in From the Rain I think is a better ballad from the same album.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I have no idea who anyone is talking about for pretty much this whole page.

:lol

I have now joined the club.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have no idea who anyone is talking about for pretty much this whole page.

:lol

I have now joined the club.

Welcome.  I hope you enjoy your stay.  If there is anything you need don't hesitate to try and find my number.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
AOTY contender right here!

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Attack of the Busty Zombies!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That should've been the actual title. :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
SLEEP WITH THE DEVIL, THE DEVIL WILL TAKE YOU AWAY
OH WHORE OF BABYLOOOOON
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Only had one listen, but very very good.

ides of March is a top song of the year.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Gonna pimp this here even though most of you lads won't dig it.  Ripping thrash but the vocals probably won't suit most of you.  A lot of Metallica influence mixed with some harsh influences but a lot of power metal influence too, but absolutely slays from start to finish.  Just pure fucking heavy metal done right.  AOTY contendor for me.  Defiance of Fate song of the year so far I think.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I will second this. I had their last album Saved on Spotify, but didn't know they had a new one until Kade mentioned it the other day. This album kicks major league ass.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I will second this. I had their last album Saved on Spotify, but didn't know they had a new one until Kade mentioned it the other day. This album kicks major league ass.

I literally had never heard them before and a couple of weeks ago I was flicking through my youtube recommendations and the video for The Black Hand Reaches Out so clicked it just due to the band name and holy shit!  What a groove this song has.  Then I watched a lyric video for the epic as fuck closer Glorious End and I was sold.

They have a few albums, definitely have some work to do.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So it's been a while since I posted a Classic Concert Program, but talking about Rough Cutt reminded me at how odd I thought their inclusion in the program was. But here it is. This was purchased at the Povidence Civic Center on September 11, 1985.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator

I listened to one of the pre-release singles (can't remember which), and enjoyed it.  I didn't care much for the first one, but with Sarah Teets on vox for one of the tracks, I'm looking forward to spinning this - which I'll do tomorrow morning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
That's rather appropriate ......Attack Of The Busty Zombies featuring Sarah Teets.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I listened to one of the pre-release singles (can't remember which), and enjoyed it.  I didn't care much for the first one, but with Sarah Teets on vox for one of the tracks, I'm looking forward to spinning this - which I'll do tomorrow morning.

This is the 3rd album.  The second one is brilliant.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I tried that warbringer song wolfster mentioned for song of the year. It starts off with a cool Metallica vibe. But once the vocals started I tapped out within five seconds.

Tim....I think I read before that Rough Cutt was managed by the same people that managed Dio, so they were trying to give Rough Cutt some rub. I think that’s why they were on the same tour and Shortino was on Hear n Aid

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
That program is awesome Tim.  Some classic, wonderful pics in there.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I tried that warbringer song wolfster mentioned for song of the year. It starts off with a cool Metallica vibe. But once the vocals started I tapped out within five seconds.

Tim....I think I read before that Rough Cutt was managed by the same people that managed Dio, so they were trying to give Rough Cutt some rub. I think that’s why they were on the same tour and Shortino was on Hear n Aid

The black metal Agalloch type vocals in the verses are different to the rest of them.  The vocals are pretty harsh but more thrash style vocals than the verses.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I really liked Defiance of Fate. I'll probably check the whole album based on that.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I really liked Defiance of Fate. I'll probably check the whole album based on that.

The rest is more thrash then that song but the whole albums smokes.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Yeah, that was obvious. I wonder if that's how he landed the spot in Spinal Tap.

That program is awesome Tim.  Some classic, wonderful pics in there.

Thank you. I also have the program from The Last In Line tour as well. I'll post that next week sometime.

The black metal Agalloch type vocals in the verses are different to the rest of them.  The vocals are pretty harsh but more thrash style vocals than the verses.

I found the vocals a bit easier on the ears on Weapons Of Tomorrow than their last album, Woe To The Vanquished.

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

This just killed my excitement for the album a bit. :lol I'll still check it out I guess.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

This just killed my excitement for the album a bit. :lol I'll still check it out I guess.

There's a couple more epic numbers on there but just keep in mind you heard by far the best song first.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'll work my way back through their catalog and share my thoughts.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Expecting reports!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Chad would be proud, cranked up Hot Cherie by Hardline in the car yesterday afternoon! Great tune  :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
This new Firewind is pretty damn tasty.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Chad would be proud, cranked up Hot Cherie by Hardline in the car yesterday afternoon! Great tune  :metal

:tup :tup

Hardline s/t is one of my favorite albums of all time.  Neal Schon is so awesome on that album.  Though, if you were in the car, shouldn't you have been cranking Rhythm from a Red Car??   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
.............or Life's A Bitch (a tribute to 2020)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
.............or Life's A Bitch (a tribute to 2020)

Ain't that the truth!

Offline gazinwales

So the guy that some has described a 'wasting his talent' 'full of himself' and a few more is finally finishing his solo album  ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So the guy that some has described a 'wasting his talent' 'full of himself' and a few more is finally finishing his solo album  ;D

Malmsteen has already released quite a few albums mate.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
I have no idea what that is about but I will take a stab................John Sykes?  His album has been almost finished for as long as I can remember.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I have no idea what that is about but I will take a stab................John Sykes?  His album has been almost finished for as long as I can remember.

That I'd love to hear.