Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 902407 times)

Offline Lowdz

I'd have been all over this at the time if I'd heard it. Is it one of those $1000 on eBay jobs?

Nah.............single figures should be the go.

They aren't "all killer" but their good songs are very good.  The album is called Crest Of The Martyrs.  Another one of those bands that should've been bigger but nothing fell in to place.  The original singer passed away sadly - he had a great voice.

The full thing is on Youtube (of course). Listening now as I'm meant to be working...  :metal
£36.95 on Amazon  :o

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Before I posted I checked the Discogs marketplace and there's a number for <10 Euro , so I think if you search around you won't have to pay Amazon price.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

Before I posted I checked the Discogs marketplace and there's a number for <10 Euro , so I think if you search around you won't have to pay Amazon price.

Cool.
Really liked it. That's what power metal should sound like, but doesn't usually. A bit of early Vicious Rumors in it. Not the shite that their new single is.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Just spun Crest of Martyrs.  Pretty nice.  Hard core, old school power metal.  I dig it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Twisted Tower Dire & Glacier  :metal :metal

Keep these bad boys coming Brent

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Rite?!?!  It' not like we've gone 3 years without a B&B Podcast.  We're in withdrawal!!!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Rite?!?!  It' not like we've gone 3 years without a B&B Podcast.  We're in withdrawal!!!

Whammy!!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Has it really been 3 years!?  Wow, time just speeds by.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Yeah, and even that one was a year late. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

A podcast a day will keep Tim away from that growlie shit.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

A podcast a day will keep Tim away from that growlie shit.

:iagree:

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
The last podcast was in 2019...........not quite 3 years.  Who knows...........if my business goes down the toilet I might have time to do one.  :lol    Was just starting a very gradual return to normal and now we're basically in lockdown again until September (at the earliest)  ::)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The last podcast was in 2019...........not quite 3 years.  Who knows...........if my business goes down the toilet I might have time to do one.  :lol    Was just starting a very gradual return to normal and now we're basically in lockdown again until September (at the earliest)  ::)

I was going to say it, I thought it wasn't that long.

Yeah, was going to PM you mate.  You guys are absolutely hurting at the moment.  :'(

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah - and it was seemingly so avoidable.   The whole of the country paid a price to keep this thing under control with the first lockdown and we (Melbourne) stuffed up the handling of Aussies returning from overseas.  Obviously NSW and Victoria bore the brunt of it due to being the major airports but whichever dickhead decided to employ Dodgy Brothers Security to manage our quarantine hotels would want to lay low for a while.  Lots of angst around here.

Every state except ours (due to "jobs for their Union mates) accepted the offer of federal military assistance to manage hotel quarantine.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 08:33:06 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah - and it was seemingly so avoidable.   The whole of the country paid a price to keep this thing under control with the first lockdown and we (Melbourne) stuffed up the handling of Aussies returning from overseas.  Obviously NSW and Victoria bore the brunt of it due to being the major airports but whichever dickhead decided to employ Dodgy Brothers Security to manage our quarantine hotels would want to lay low for a while.  Lots of angst around here.

I could imagine.  The cases are increasing so rapidly again too.  Feel for you down there mate, and yeah, shouldn't have happened at all.  I'm sure some heads are gonna roll if they haven't already.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Yep - time for some Judas Priest  :metal  ;D

The other thing that many think contributed was all the professional troublemakers that used the Black Lives Matter stuff as an excuse to hold a massive protest in the city while everyone else was told to stay cooped up.  The Government let it all happen and all the people in lockdown looked at it and thought "Fuck this!" and people started acting out a bit.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

The other thing that many think contributed was all the professional troublemakers that used the Black Lives Matter stuff as an excuse to hold a massive protest in the city while everyone else was told to stay cooped up.  The Government let it all happen and all the people in lockdown looked at it and thought "Fuck this!" and people started acting out a bit.

Those protest here just shows we live in a world of stupid fucking sheep.  With everything going on with the pandemic and for something that happened in America to cause us to protest and put everyone at risk for no fucking reason or gain is just mind blowing.  It never should have happened.

Yes, I shouldn't have made light of it to throw in a Priest reference but I couldn't help myself.  :biggrin:

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Sorry to hear about all of that Brent.

Offline Lowdz

Same has happened here in the UK. Expecting a big spike in the next week or so after everyone went to the beach a couple of weeks ago, rioting and now the reopening of the pubs. Boris is blaming everyone but himself as usual.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm worried that's gonna happen here too.  We've gone thru a couple of re-opening phases in 2-week increments, and the full reopening (for the most part) is gonna happen within the next week or so.  Time will tell, but I have no faith in people taking the right precautions, and am fully expecting a rise in cases.  The jingle.family is still gonna be keeping a low profile.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Interesting world we live in...............our city (Melbourne) is killing everyone's sanity and jobs/businesses with a return to months of lockdown because we crossed 100 new cases per day for a few days.   Florida (which I believe also has a Melbourne) has about 4-5 times the population of Melbourne and is finding 10,000 per day with far less intensive testing and as I understand it just has basic guidance in place for the most part.

I think we should use the Trump method- do less tests and the numbers will fall  ;D

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Jobs and economies will recover. The dead will not.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Jobs and economies will recover. The dead will not.

I agree..............was more a (sarcastic/tongue in cheek) comment on the different approaches overseas rather than ours being wrong.  I get my comic relief each day by watching JL Cauvin do his scarily accurate Trump impersonations.

We needed to go back into lockdown - the outbreak was entirely preventable though.  Union controlled state government here was the only one in the country that turned down the Federal Government offer of Australian military help to enforce quarantine -  so they could give the jobs to their mates in the private security industry who then subcontracted to even more dodgy companies to try and make some coin etc......  Now there's hell to pay and our local economy will be stuffed for years.   The first 3-4 months of lockdown did severe damage but this is the final straw.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:24:52 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
“Stuffed for year” is an understatement here. Canada just confirmed an almost $350B deficit for this year, pushing our debt over $1T. More spending this year than anytime since WWII.

So yeah... I thin the DECADE of 2020 is going to stuff all of us.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
“Stuffed for year” is an understatement here. Canada just confirmed an almost $350B deficit for this year, pushing our debt over $1T. More spending this year than anytime since WWII.

So yeah... I thin the DECADE of 2020 is going to stuff all of us.

I'm not a fan of 2020

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
It's only half over...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Lowdz

What’s next? Godzilla?

Offline Lowdz

I was listening to an interview with Marc Ferrari from Keel and he hinted that there is to be a new Cold Sweat album with the original lineup. Looking forward to that. Their only album is very underrated and Rory Catley is a great and underused singer.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I was listening to an interview with Marc Ferrari from Keel and he hinted that there is to be a new Cold Sweat album with the original lineup. Looking forward to that. Their only album is very underrated and Rory Catley is a great and underused singer.

Ron Keel will save 2020??  What will Tim think of Keel saving 2020?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Keel blows and couldn't save whatever years their supposed prime was 30+ years ago.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Keel blows and couldn't save whatever years their supposed prime was 30+ years ago.

Tim doesnt have the Right to Rock

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Neither does Ron Keel.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Neither does Ron Keel.

:metal :metal The Right to F*&%ing Rock.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't know what I'm saying but its funny.