Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 905857 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :rollin

Once again, sorry Wolfster (HnE)

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Once again, sorry Wolfster (HnE)

Please tell me Tim is one also?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Bobby “The Brain” Heenan made famous the Ham n Egger zinger and made it a popular word for wrestling fans. But to my knowledge, the first time Ham n Egger was mentioned was by Rocky Balboa in Rocky 1 when he was proposed the initial match against the legendary Apollo Creed. So yes both Kade and Tim are Ham n Eggers for their lack of wrestling knowledge, but it’s with complete respect lol.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Chad, you are taking all of those Ham n Eggers in the roulettemania to school with your promos and wrestling knowledge.

Tryin my best.  I was quite disappointed you didn't show up in time.  Why TAC was given the Natch moniker is anybody's guess.  He's more like Doink the Clown.  Or El Dandy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Please don’t deny or discount Bastion Booger

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Shockmaster!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Shockmaster!

He fell flat on his ass!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
 :lol

You guys think Ham N Egger is actually an insult? Isn't that cute...

Kade, be proud! You've actually seen a vagina.

edit: Sorry guys, this Sheik persona is hard to shake.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:39:58 AM by Podaar »
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Indiscipline

• Ponce
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Apply IMO --->
Chad, you are taking all of those Ham n Eggers in the roulettemania to school with your promos and wrestling knowledge.

Tryin my best.  I was quite disappointed you didn't show up in time.  Why TAC was given the Natch moniker is anybody's guess.  He's more like Doink the Clown.  Or El Dandy.

There's still time to show up

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah, JJ, you could take over my spot! I'll sell it to you real cheap. Free.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
:lol

You guys think Ham N Egger is actually an insult? Isn't that cute...

Kade, be proud! You've actually seen a vagina.

edit: Sorry guys, this Sheik persona is hard to shake.

This all makes no sense, but yes thank you, I have seen a vagina, plus more.

Offline Lowdz

Bobby “The Brain” Heenan made famous the Ham n Egger zinger and made it a popular word for wrestling fans. But to my knowledge, the first time Ham n Egger was mentioned was by Rocky Balboa in Rocky 1 when he was proposed the initial match against the legendary Apollo Creed. So yes both Kade and Tim are Ham n Eggers for their lack of wrestling knowledge, but it’s with complete respect lol.

And I always thought it was a cricketing term for medium paced bowling 😱

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Mike Lepond Silent Assassins May 29th.  Whore of Babylon.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I’ll be the first to admit I was acting too casual with this thing initially. But once getting more informed and doing more research, I realize the gravity of the situation. But now I am glad that Rob has stressed that it is  :metal :metal :metal :metal to social distance and quarantine (and not cool to be a hoarder) I feel even better lol!

Speaking of Priest, who else is interested in hearing this new material from KKs Priest? KK said the new songs are sounding incredible. But I’m still hoping KK gets invited to a Priest show later this year for the anniversary

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
New Gibson promo........Faulkner interviewing Iommi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBoLMFl0jLY
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
re: KK's Priest -- I have mixed feelings. While I like the lineup, and have interest in the music, I think naming the band "KK's Priest" is childish and really wrong. Just call it a real band name, and if you must reference priest, just say "featuring former Judas Priest members K.K. Downing, Les Binks, and Tim "Ripper" Owens.

Honestly, I think they do a disservice to themselves with that current band name. I hope they reconsider before the album is promoted. Looking forward to hear it though.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
New Gibson promo........Faulkner interviewing Iommi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBoLMFl0jLY

Love Faulkner... great guy too
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
re: KK's Priest -- I have mixed feelings. While I like the lineup, and have interest in the music, I think naming the band "KK's Priest" is childish and really wrong. Just call it a real band name, and if you must reference priest, just say "featuring former Judas Priest members K.K. Downing, Les Binks, and Tim "Ripper" Owens.

Honestly, I think they do a disservice to themselves with that current band name. I hope they reconsider before the album is promoted. Looking forward to hear it though.

I agree, didn’t think much of the name. They probably would still have time to change the name officially before the album gets released. Go through the entire Priest discography and songs and pick a band name based on a song title. Electric Eye for example. Not sure about copy right issues

Offline Lowdz

To be fair, there’s more Priest in KK’s band than real Priest though.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
How did I miss this was coming out??  I suppose I could/should have put this in the Frontiers thread, but since it's good music ...

To celebrate FUTURE WORLD’s 30th Anniversary, over the course of 2017-18 Pretty Maids hit the road to play the album in its entirety to mark the release of this landmark album in their discography. The band decided to record and film a live performance of the album in Tokyo, Japan where the band was set to play on two nights in November of 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTa65iPPAQs

Release date: May 22, 2020 on CD/DVD, Blu-ray, and 2xLP. 

Shut up and take my money!

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Got my press advance of the new Firewind earlier this week. After one spin, I'm liking it more than the last couple. Gus said it harkens back to the earlier FW days, and I'd agree with that. More as I listen further...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Hells yeah!

BREAKING NEWS:
Primal Fear recently finished the recording of their upcoming 13th studio album, set to be titled „Metal Commando“. The title of the album speaks for itself - „Metal Commando“ contains 110% PRIMAL FEAR and is full to the brim with power and energy. The album was produced by Mat Sinner and mixed by Jacob Hansen – an experienced dream-team.

„I don't want to throw around superlatives, but each of us went to their utmost limits and we are all very happy with the sound and song material. It's pretty safe to say that this is a top album and maybe even our strongest record to date“, comments bassist and producer Mat Sinner. „It's the perfect mix between our origins and our current style, a perfect balance and all band members did an awesome job playing and recording it. For me, „Metal Commando“ is the right album at the right time!“.

The album will be released on July 17th and it will contain 11 tracks @ Nuclear Blast. The pre-order will start on May 15th, just in time for the release of the first single, 'Along Came The Devil', a hard-hitting PRIMAL FEAR bomb.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Metal Commando  :lol :lol :lol

So, this will be the third Magnus album released in the space of five months.  That's quite incredible.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
How did I miss this was coming out??  I suppose I could/should have put this in the Frontiers thread, but since it's good music ...

To celebrate FUTURE WORLD’s 30th Anniversary, over the course of 2017-18 Pretty Maids hit the road to play the album in its entirety to mark the release of this landmark album in their discography. The band decided to record and film a live performance of the album in Tokyo, Japan where the band was set to play on two nights in November of 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTa65iPPAQs

Release date: May 22, 2020 on CD/DVD, Blu-ray, and 2xLP. 

Shut up and take my money!

Saw that advertised a while back.  Their last DVD was excellent.  If I were to see it I'd buy it but probably won't go out of my way to order it or anything.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Got my press advance of the new Firewind earlier this week. After one spin, I'm liking it more than the last couple. Gus said it harkens back to the earlier FW days, and I'd agree with that. More as I listen further...

I'm looking forward to it.  The single was straight ahead but very good.  I loved the last album but enjoy their early stuff to.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I just heard a song on my Spotify Release Radar. Rising Fire.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
I just heard a song on my Spotify Release Radar. Rising Fire.

Old fogey, that's you every single day after 2 p.m. Let's be honest here.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Truth, brother!  :lol

I get home from work, have a snack and turn on my laptop. After about 15 minutes, I am out! 45 minutes usually. :lol :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
Truth, brother!  :lol

I get home from work, have a snack and turn on my laptop. After about 15 minutes, I am out! 45 minutes usually. :lol :lol

Amen. LOL. Have  a great weekend!

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I know I shouldn't have, but I snuck out on the weekend and quickly grabbed the new Testament.  Only listened to about 5 songs in the car but.......well.......you know what you're getting.

Skolnick is such a monster though.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm really enjoying the new Conception record. A few clunkers but otherwise it's a collection of really good songs.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Lowdz

https://youtu.be/JTgayZ3_3KY

New House of Lords. Not bad but the production isn’t great, even allowing for shitty YouTube compression

Better than the first track though.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
House of Lords seems to be a pretty consistent band as far as releasing quality material. I’m only really familiar with the self titled and Demons Down, which is an excellent album.

They seem to have been releasing new material constantly since around 2004. Has anyone been listening to all their newer stuff? Haven’t heard everything but what I have heard sounds pretty similar to the older albums