Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908239 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Good performance.  Why did he even go on this show?  Is there a chance he simply did it to subliminally get more recognition for Riot?

Should do the thing that we started at the start of the year which fizzled and go through all the Riot records and comment.  I only know Thundersteel and Fire Down Under.  I checked a newer one too and was solid.  Might go back and discover more.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
An early demo from an album that Tommy Skeoch is shopping around..............sounds more like Tesla than Tesla.  I'm digging it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSH3B_ll-s&feature=youtu.be
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
An early demo from an album that Tommy Skeoch is shopping around..............sounds more like Tesla than Tesla.  I'm digging it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhSH3B_ll-s&feature=youtu.be

I was skeptical, before I heard it, but after I feel worse about it. It's a nothing song. Got a guy to sound like Jeff Keith. I mean fishing for middle aged Tesla fans that might remember a guy that played in a band thirty fucking years ago?

The guy's got to make a living, so whatever. I'll listen to an actual album, but I have no idea why anyone would invest in this any further, either monetarily or energy wise.

Sorry Brent! Not jumping on you. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Fair enough.............what Tesla has done since Psychotic Supper/Bust A Nut has been depressing and so I am a sucker for anything that sounds like that era.....so yeah middle aged Tesla fan here :lol  And I am cutting him some slack because this (I'm guessing) will be an attempt at a "single" and the sound quality is damn good for a demo , in fact better than most of what passes for finished product these days.

The song itself is very good to me without being great , but certainly has me interested enough to follow up on it if/when an album arrives.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:50:12 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Although I haven't listened to it in ages, I remember thinking Forever More was pretty decent. Is it true they have only made 2 albums since Bust A Nut? Now that is depressing.

No one loved Tesla more than me back in the day. Saw the a number of times between '86-'94. Just great solid rocking.

I'm actually seeing them in a couple of months...opening for Alice Cooper. Looking forward to it.

But honestly, I am a big believer in bands making new music. I honestly don't care to hear the same songs I heard 30something years ago.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Gotta say, I love the new Tommy Skeoch (Resist & Bite) tune.

I've been a hardcore Tesla fan since the start, and the moment they ousted Tommy (which to be fair, was deserved), the band went from this great hybrid of blues/hard rock/metal with a bit of an attitude, to this middle-aged, washed up, classic rock band. Forever More was OK, but everything after it was horrendous. And to be honest, I really don't even bother with anything after Into the Now. That's not to say Dave Rude wasn't a great replacement -- he is. But the problem is, he's a Bay Area hippy guy, and has way too much in common with Frank, from a playing standpoint. It makes things...vanilla.

Tommy was their balls. The edge. He had and has, his demons. But the edge and metal vibe he brought to them is sorely missed. And this new song from his new band -- that's sorta how Tesla SHOULD sound like to my ears. Can't wait for the record (if it actually gets made).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Gotta say, I love the new Tommy Skeoch (Resist & Bite) tune.

I've been a hardcore Tesla fan since the start, and the moment they ousted Tommy (which to be fair, was deserved), the band went from this great hybrid of blues/hard rock/metal with a bit of an attitude, to this middle-aged, washed up, classic rock band. Forever More was OK, but everything after it was horrendous. And to be honest, I really don't even bother with anything after Into the Now. That's not to say Dave Rude wasn't a great replacement -- he is. But the problem is, he's a Bay Area hippy guy, and has way too much in common with Frank, from a playing standpoint. It makes things...vanilla.

Tommy was their balls. The edge. He had and has, his demons. But the edge and metal vibe he brought to them is sorely missed. And this new song from his new band -- that's sorta how Tesla SHOULD sound like to my ears. Can't wait for the record (if it actually gets made).

Agree with pretty much all that.

Although I haven't listened to it in ages, I remember thinking Forever More was pretty decent. Is it true they have only made 2 albums since Bust A Nut? Now that is depressing.

Four studio albums since Bust A Nut and I don't own any of em  ;D   I have Tesla demos that are better than anything they've released since then , so not interested.   As Brian said Skeoch was the balls in the guitar department and listening to this new track got me back in the Psychotic Supper vibe.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
Forever More wasn't that bad, even if it was no match for their earlier output. But those two records after that were mostly boring.

Haven't heard the Skeoch tune but will probably give the album a spin when it's out, and if it sounds like Tesla of old, there are worse things than that.  :D
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXZRpHq1Lk&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3dXQjYyP5zTzzyp3Hh1h1gaBVWDg3QuK_GXpQM7zJfAErUl6ZuuFV0UgY

Fifth Angel sounding pretty damn good with their new singer , his hair and Ethan Brosh on guitar.

Very "studio live" but nonetheless count me pretty impressed........

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Sounds good!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXZRpHq1Lk&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3dXQjYyP5zTzzyp3Hh1h1gaBVWDg3QuK_GXpQM7zJfAErUl6ZuuFV0UgY

Fifth Angel sounding pretty damn good with their new singer , his hair and Ethan Brosh on guitar.

Very good  :metal  :metal

Offline Lowdz

Tesla pretty much died after Psychotic Supper for me. Bust A Nut was half a great album and after that I pretty much disliked everything. Wasn’t there an album with no solos?

Fifth Angel sounds great. Ethan Brosh can play. Guess he has to be good seeing as his sister is pretty good too. Can’t be outplayed by your sister 😀

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Ethan Brosh joined Fifth Angel? I've seen the name but have no idea who that is.

What is the singer's name?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I just read up on him, Steve Carlson. He sings in a Motley Crüe tribute band. Saw more clips from this concert and he definitely does a good job!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
He sings in a Motley Crüe tribute band.

Well, that would explain the ridiculous looking bleach blonde hair.....

…..and the belly.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Brosh played on both Michael Sweet's solo albums also.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Ethan Brosh joined Fifth Angel? I've seen the name but have no idea who that is.

What is the singer's name?

The band is really happy with both Brosh and Carlson. I haven't met either of them yet, but you guys who know me, know that Ed and I are good friends. They all really dig this chemistry they have. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do together moving forward. Brosh, to his credit, is really working on his lead parts, but also working on the rhythm stuff. A lot of the Fifth Angel rhythm guitar parts are more intricate than they seem, and Ed is a stickler for accuracy. Those two, despite living across the country from one another, are really dialing it in.  :tup
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Good to see Dog the Bounty Hunter with a new gig.

Seriously though, his vocals here were bloody terrific.  Very very impressive.  Ethan plays well or though you can tell he's still a little apprehensive with the parts.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Should do the thing that we started at the start of the year which fizzled and go through all the Riot records and comment.  I only know Thundersteel and Fire Down Under.  I checked a newer one too and was solid.  Might go back and discover more.

I might be working on something. ;D

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I might be working on something. ;D

I forgot I even mentioned this already.  :lol

I'll leave it to you mate.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Holy carp... New Almanac album dropped today.

Brent... where are you to keep us up to date!?!?!?!  That'll be next on my list tomorrow morning.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I didn't even bother with the last one.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah... as I recall it wasn't nearly as good as the first.  It was pretty good though.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I didn't think the first one was worth all the hype you guys gave it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

It's good to see you're comfortable in your wrong-ness.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I'm well experienced with it. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

I'm well experienced with it. :lol

We all are - with our own wrong-ness.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Honestly, I thought it was great out of the blocks but didn't age well for me at all.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Honestly, I thought it was great out of the blocks but didn't age well for me at all.

Never heard of them. Are they solid?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Freefall on May 8th!!  A couple of b-grade Frontiers singers though.  At least, Mike is back plus Ronnie and Tony Martin.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, the new song released from it is really good.  I don't know who this Dino Jelusick is but dude has some pipes.  Some refreshing songwriting from Magnus and a little bit of thought in his solos too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Wow, the new song released from it is really good.  I don't know who this Dino Jelusick is but dude has some pipes.  Some refreshing songwriting from Magnus and a little bit of thought in his solos too.

Great singer................fronts Animal Drive and is the singer on George Lynch's  Dirty Shirley album.  Has some pretty cool live cover versions on Youtube too.........sounds like Ray Gillen reincarnate when he sings that style.

Seems a good fit for Magnus too.  Not a great song from start to finish IMO but the chorus kicks some butt.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Have to check him out.  Maybe he isn't a b-grade Frontiers singer then.  :lol

He rips on this track.