Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 896990 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Makes total sense to me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Pretty good, I really like the riff at 2:08.

Smackbound - Drive It Like You Stole It

Vocals: Netta Laurenne
Guitars: Teemu Mäntysaari (WINTERSUN
Drums: Rolf Pilve (STRATOVARIUS, WINTERSUN)
Keyboards: Vili Itäpelto (TRACEDAWN)
Bass: Tuomas Yli-Jaskari (TRACEDAWN)

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That’s a great tune. The female singer is excellent and also quite bosomy

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Pretty good, I really like the riff at 2:08.

Smackbound - Drive It Like You Stole It

Vocals: Netta Laurenne
Guitars: Teemu Mäntysaari (WINTERSUN
Drums: Rolf Pilve (STRATOVARIUS, WINTERSUN)
Keyboards: Vili Itäpelto (TRACEDAWN)
Bass: Tuomas Yli-Jaskari (TRACEDAWN)

I think Dr Feelgood when I heard those drums.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Damn, she smokes!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Damn, she smokes!

quickest way to get a voice like that. :)

For those that like her she has a YT channel with live in studio versions of Dio, Malmsteen songs etc..

Her voice is a little inconsistent at times but her best is very good.  Likin' this Soto scream Tim  :)  ............https://youtu.be/a-qjWstjMqM?t=179

The way she sings I wouldn't back her to last too long on the road.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 04:19:12 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

I listened to the other songs they’ve done and they were shouty shit, but I enjoyed 5his track.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
I listened to the other songs they’ve done and they were shouty shit, but I enjoyed 5his track.
Yea I heard some other songs that was pretty shitty. I enjoyed this mostly for the music, riffs and Teemu.

Damn, she smokes!

quickest way to get a voice like that. :)

For those that like her she has a YT channel with live in studio versions of Dio, Malmsteen songs etc..

Her voice is a little inconsistent at times but her best is very good.  Likin' this Soto scream Tim  :)  ............https://youtu.be/a-qjWstjMqM?t=179

The way she sings I wouldn't back her to last too long on the road.
Yea her voice is very gritty, didn't like her voice in those small sections with only vocals.

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Lowest price tix to see Dream Theater on their upcoming tour in Melbourne....................$160  :o   
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Lowest price tix to see Dream Theater on their upcoming tour in Melbourne....................$160  :o

That is fucking nuts!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just found this Ozzy footage on youtube. Phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZZp5lxp_4Q

The 1982 iPhone is truly the shits. But 80s Ozzy is spectacular and this is actually the first time I’ve seen video footage of Randy.....he is a guitar beast  :metal

Here's some more footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LznI4-9mLbA

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Yep.  That's what I had to pay.

Offline Anguyen92

Is that in Aussie money or USD?  Even if it is in Aussie money, it translates to $107.00 USD, which I still feel it's a bit on the steepside for a cheap ticket, but Australia is pretty darn expensive to do a tour there.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Is that in Aussie money or USD?  Even if it is in Aussie money, it translates to $107.00 USD, which I still feel it's a bit on the steepside for a cheap ticket, but Australia is pretty darn expensive to do a tour there.

Australian.  At first I was a littel shocked but don't really have a problem with that price now.  The venue they are playing up here isn't massive.

Offline Lowdz

Just heard the newest track (Me & You) from Biff Byford”s solo album. Fucking awful.

https://youtu.be/AbH8kaJm28A

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Fucking awful.

It is Biff ....

(sorry, never been much of a fan)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Just based on the title of the album, I actually have no desire to listen to this. And Saxon is one of my favorite bands.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Just based on the title of the album, I actually have no desire to listen to this.

This.  And the first song was shit anyway.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
New Conception album called State of Deception out on April 3rd.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
New Conception album called State of Deception out on April 3rd.

I'll be checking it out.  Love Roy but have struggled to get into their original material.  Since they are headlining progpower, I am hoping I enjoy the new album more than their older stuff.

Offline Lowdz

Had a better listen to the Archon Angel today and there’s a pretty obvious rip of of the riff to Queensryche I Don’t Believe In Love in there. Some decent stuff, some filler.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I finally checked out the latest Pretty Maids.  After 5 songs I turned it off.  The last one was awesome as everything from Pandemonium.  WTF happened here, really crap.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
I finally checked out the latest Pretty Maids.  After 5 songs I turned it off.  The last one was awesome as everything from Pandemonium.  WTF happened here, really crap.

I don't recall thinking it was "crap", but it wasn't anything terribly interesting (and didn't even bother buying it).  I'm finding many/most bands and artists who have a long discography just don't have a lot of new creative ideas.  Only 6 of my top 20 albums from last year were from artists that I have more than 2 albums from.  Most were brand new bands - sometimes a debut album, but mostly new bands to me.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni

I was exactly the same.............they've found a formula and doing it to death.  It got mostly great reviews though so ..........
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:29:47 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

I was exactly the same.............they've found and formula and doing it to death.  It got mostly great reviews though so ..........

Maybe I should have let it run more than up to track 5, but I couldn't.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
I just saw on blabber that the lead singer of Riot of all people, Todd Michael Hall, stole the show on The Voice. I know nothing about that show but obviously it’s mega popular and you would never think someone from Riot would be on it. I’ve really liked everything I’ve ever heard from Riot but was only familiar with Fire Down Under and Thundersteel.  But after seeing that Voice clip, I listened to samples from the two most recent Riot albums with Hall, and they kick major ass. This guy can sing and the songs are awesome. Also checked out songs from the first two Riot albums and they are all great too. Riot  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I just saw on blabber that the lead singer of Riot of all people, Todd Michael Hall, stole the show on The Voice. I know nothing about that show but obviously it’s mega popular and you would never think someone from Riot would be on it. I’ve really liked everything I’ve ever heard from Riot but was only familiar with Fire Down Under and Thundersteel.  But after seeing that Voice clip, I listened to samples from the two most recent Riot albums with Hall, and they kick major ass. This guy can sing and the songs are awesome. Also checked out songs from the first two Riot albums and they are all great too. Riot  :metal :metal :metal :metal

Jason, Todd Michael Hall is awesome. The last Riot V album, Armor Of Light was decent, but the one before that, Unleash The Fire is fucking A amazing.

The first two Riot albums? Do you mean Rock City and Narita?

Narita made my Top 50. That album is great. Bought that together with Piece Of Mind back in the day. So many great tunes on that.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Yeah those were the samples I was listening to, Rock City and Narita. Great stuff, but those newest Riot songs are  :metal :metal

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Narita is amazing, I would actually take it over Fire Down Under. Waiting For The Taking, Here We Come Again, 49er, Road Racin, White Rock, and the instrumental title track. Holy shit! :metal

Check out Unleash The Fire.

EDIT: I just found the clip. He fucking nails it!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:54:11 PM by TAC »

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Awesome!

Also really liked the tune Bring the Hammer Down!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Check out Until We Meet Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ackMuZUZiiY

Which is clearly written about the late Mark Reale. Really touching lyrics.

Great tune!

Offline ozzy554

I'm just surprised that he's 50
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Woke up today thinking about Riot.

Spinning Narita this morning. Man what a great album. What I really like about it are the long extended guitar solo outros in Waiting For The Taking and Here We Come Again. I love that kind of thing. There was a time when I was in high school that 49er was my favorite song.

Jason, if you like Thundersteel, Riot V released a live album, Live In Japan, a couple of years ago where they play it in its entirety, with Todd Michael Hall. It's really good.

Have you tried the two Rhett Forester Era albums? Restless Breed ('82) and Born In America ('83). Two really cool albums right there.

Restless Breed
CIA

Running From The Law
Wings Of Fire
Born In America

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Checked out 49er and that song is awesome too. Tim do you own all 16 Riot albums? Or at least heard them all? I’m sure Brent has lol

I watched the Voice clip again and that Kelly judge was a tad condescending. She said didn’t believe rock music existed anymore. Buzz off lady

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Tim do you own all 16 Riot albums? Or at least heard them all? I’m sure Brent has lol

I don't. I have everything up through Thundersteel, and I have the last two. Too many lineup changes, and I really lost track. I think I bought the Reverance album with TMH, and found out he was singing in Riot, so I went from there.