Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908226 times)

Online Anguyen92

Oh, Guns N Roses have announced a summer stadium tour!

Fuck that? I wonder how much tickets are. So how's their new album?? Exactly.

Let's play our 35+ year old songs and see how many suckers we can get to give us their money.

I'm thinking that it's going to be $150.00 minimum for the nosebleed seats at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood.  if Motley Crue and Def Leppard is getting away with charging $100.00+ (fees included) for crappy nosebleed seats, I can see GNR pushing even farther.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the fact that I'm seeing Alice Cooper at Hollywood Bowl in May for like $27.00 for a nosebleed seat.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I'm seeing Alice Cooper too.

Is SoFi the new stadium near the Coliseum?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

I'm seeing Alice Cooper too.

Is SoFi the new stadium near the Coliseum?

SoFi is the new stadium next to the Forum.  Banc of California Stadium is next to the USC Coliseum.  It's like about 8 miles away from each other.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Damn, that's a lot of new stadiums. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Anguyen92

Damn, that's a lot of new stadiums. :lol

It's all by design to get ready for the Olympics in LA, I think.  Still a long time to get there though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Oh, ok. Makes sense.

Hopefully they'll be useful once the Olympics are gone.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
They mentioned today on Hair Nation that the new Ozzy Osbourne album is his best since Diary of a Madman! I think that is one of the biggest stretches I've ever heard, and for me I haven't been able to make it through any of the new songs in their entirety without turning them off.  Besides a few tracks off Ozzmosis, I haven't cared for anything Ozzy has released since No More Tears.  So maybe I'm not the best person to ask on this  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Oh, ok. Makes sense.

Hopefully they'll be useful once the Olympics are gone.

Two NFL teams moved to LA, so they will get their use plus LA being a major city, it'll be a draw for big concerts like these as well. 

As for GnR, I've never been a big fan.  THey are playing Metlife Stadium over here in NJ but I don't have any interest unless my friends were going or something.  My friend has access to his work (Bank of America) suite and offered to take me to Rammstein but I'll be at Progpower.  He gave me a suite ticket for Metallica a few years ago and it's great seats (plus free booze and food) so if say he offered to go GnR I would be there, but unlike Motley Crue / Def Leppard who I actually liked and listened to, I don't have that same interest.  Also, are there any openers?  I didn't see that in the announcement today.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I hate that kind of hype. So you're telling me that this is BETTER than Bark At The Moon?? Fuck no.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

As for GnR, I've never been a big fan.  THey are playing Metlife Stadium over here in NJ but I don't have any interest unless my friends were going or something.  My friend has access to his work (Bank of America) suite and offered to take me to Rammstein but I'll be at Progpower.  He gave me a suite ticket for Metallica a few years ago and it's great seats (plus free booze and food) so if say he offered to go GnR I would be there, but unlike Motley Crue / Def Leppard who I actually liked and listened to, I don't have that same interest.  Also, are there any openers?  I didn't see that in the announcement today.

I think we had a similar conversation about the Motley Crue tour, and obviously I was wrong, and I'll be wrong again. Plenty of people will buy tickets and have a great time. I mean, it's a live show so it should be good. Plus, for some people, it's great to hear these songs.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
GnR are very popular, I have little doubt tickets will be expensive and they will sell.  I don't have an issue with it, they just aren't a band I want to spend money on compared to Motley who may have a worse performance but for me, I've never seen and always liked (plus add the other bands and its a win for me).  If GNR announced some other awesome bands that were opening, I'd consider it, but it doesn't seem like it and maybe they don't need the support.

For my classic hard rock concerts this summer, it's actually looking really awesome, but leaves little options for good support for GnR:

June 19th - Alice Cooper, Tesla, and Lita Ford @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
June 22nd - Ozzy and Marilyn Manson @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
August 4th - Journey and The Pretenders @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 15th - Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Poison, Joan Jett @ Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia PA
August 20th - Foreigner, Kansas, & Europe @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
August 21st - Sammy Hagar & The Circle, Whitesnake, and Night Ranger @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
September 18th - Aerosmith and Extreme @ Fenway Park, Boston MA

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
That's a great lineup. I'm going to see Alice, but he's a personal favorite of mine.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I think we had a similar conversation about the Motley Crue tour, and obviously I was wrong, and I'll be wrong again. Plenty of people will buy tickets and have a great time. I mean, it's a live show so it should be good. Plus, for some people, it's great to hear these songs.

Exactly.  These shows come down to two things.  Steveweisers and Jugs.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
 :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Goddamn, look at these prices!

Online Anguyen92

Cramx.  Did you really buy one of those tickets at those prices listed?  Is those prices listed without the added fees at checkout?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Hmm I got mine during the presale and it was a bit cheaper. First row of section 29, listed at 99 but came out to $130 after fees and delivery. Not cheap, but Aerosmith isnt going to be cheap. Maybe getting one day of could be cheap, but I value things like first row of a section. I figure I could unload mine if needed. Seeing these prices already makes me feel better about my purchase.

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Hmm I got mine during the presale and it was a bit cheaper. First row of section 29, listed at 99 but came out to $130 after fees and delivery. Not cheap, but Aerosmith isnt going to be cheap. Maybe getting one day of could be cheap, but I value things like first row of a section. I figure I could unload mine if needed. Seeing these prices already makes me feel better about my purchase.

Smart move.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Their concert in Vegas was the most I've ever paid, face value, for a ticket ever.  It was actually the cheapest ticket the day of the concert at $175 (if I remember correctly) before fees.  It seems crazy to say, but it was worth it.  I don't expect the Fenway Park show to be a better experience (I was on the stage for the Vegas show), but the venue and 50th anniversary show should make it be worth the price of admission I'd imagine.

Offline Lowdz

I had Appetite for nearly a year before they broke in the uk. I loved it and was telling everyone about it. Fast forward two years and I hated it. I’d played it to death and the songs were everywhere.

I picked up Lies and that was ok but hated pretty much all of the LYI albums, and Axl’s squawk was really getting on my tits.

I wouldn’t go and see them live as I wouldn’t want to wait for Axl to decide what time he’s coming on, if at all.

I saw them at Donington Monsters of Rock where two people were crushed to death. I was at the front passing people out over my head to stewards. It was the most scared I’ve ever been as there were minutes where my feet weren’t touching the ground. It was mental. 😳

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Wow Lowdz that's crazy

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
So I just had a listen to the new Thoughts Factory album, Elements. For some reason, I couldn't get it from iTunes (I have $12 on account there and would've been happy to buy it.) I listened on Spotify, and well, I'm not sure I'll be spending any money on this.

They have a new singer on this, their follow up to their 2014 debut. Their first album is amazing.

My first thought listening was that the new singer has no character in his voice. I thought the first singer gave their music, which was at times haunting, a perfect match.

This sounds so generic prog metal. I mean, it's played amazingly, but I don't know...yawn. I'll give it another spin, but I cannot promise a third. The one song I liked the most was Frozen Planet. That song is awesome.

Dawn Pt 1 sounds a lot like OTBOA and Dawn Pt2 reminds me of About To Crash Reprise. The final song, Elements, reminded me of their first album musically, but vocally, it just lacks the character of the debut.

I'm extremely disappointed with this.

Thoughts Factory.  I'm confident I own that first album.  Should listen to it sometime.

Nope, I'm thinking of Thought Chamber.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
there were minutes where my feet weren’t touching the ground. It was mental. 😳

That happened to me once. I actually believe it was the GnR show I saw in a club in 1987. I remember picking my feet up off the ground, and I didn't move. :lol

I've posted pics from that show a number of times.

Offline Lowdz

there were minutes where my feet weren’t touching the ground. It was mental. 😳

That happened to me once. I actually believe it was the GnR show I saw in a club in 1987. I remember picking my feet up off the ground, and I didn't move. :lol

I've posted pics from that show a number of times.

We’re GnR survivors 😀

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Happy 72nd Birthday Alice Cooper! :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Happy 72nd Birthday Alice Cooper! :metal

:metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

Online Anguyen92

Ok, so the presale prices for GNR isn't too bad for the worst seats for the Inglewood show.  Only $70.00 for a nosebleed seat.  I still will pass on buying the ticket as I actually do not have $70.00 to spend until tomorrow when I get paid and by then, I probably will lose interest in buying the ticket.  Parking at that stadium will probably be very expensive.  It already cost $30.00 to park at the Forum.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
speaking of... they just announced Smashing Pumpkins are opening for GnR on select dates including the NJ... and I asked my friend if I could get access to his company's suite  :lol  I may be interested now, I do enjoy them enough to maybe go see GnR now.

also there are lots of $50 tickets as the cheapest in NJ.  I'm not going to buy, this probably doesn't sell out and I can wait to legit hear if my friend wants to go and take me, or just scoop up a ticket later if I decide to go.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 02:37:30 PM by cramx3 »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Good to hear that Ronnie Atkins has been given the all clear after his cancer treatment.   :metal
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Good to hear that Ronnie Atkins has been given the all clear after his cancer treatment.   :metal

Saw Kiss the other night, with DLR opening.  Former was pretty good; latter was borderline embarrassing - See 'DLR has lost the plot' thread.  He has absolutely zero stage presence, and just looks (and sounds) like a crazy old coot.  Band sounded good, and the piped in backing vocals (it was so obvious it was the studio tracks - you could hear Michael Anthony's voice) saved the day.  Kiss had a fantastic 'greatest-hits' setlist.  But they've clearly jumped the shark.  Stanley spent as much time talking as he did singing, and there were individual drum, bass, and guitar solos.  From three guys that would never be considered Tier-1 instrumentalists, it was somewhat comical. 

The show wasn't exactly worth the $210 CAD that the ticket cost me.  But, the first (and last) time I saw them, so I least I can tick that box now. 
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
How many kicks in the air did DLR do?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Canadian or not, that’s too much money. What a fucking cash grab.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Good stuff!

Lol @ Chad's Aussie Today show gif.  Lisa Wilkinson is one sexy milf if you ask me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
The show wasn't exactly worth the $210 CAD that the ticket cost me.  But, the first (and last) time I saw them, so I least I can tick that box now.