Author Topic: The Official Hard Rock / Classic Metal Music Discussion and Memorabilia Thread!  (Read 908449 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
damn, I guess being on the other side of the world I hadn't even noticed this was a thing, usually only hear about fires in California but this seems worse.  Stay safe fellas

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
snatched this from Splent's FB page today

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
It's shocking.

I don't normally read into politics and climate change and such, but what we are experiencing really makes you wonder. 

480 million animals killed.  There is simply no God.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Considering Australia is filled with some of the worlds most dangerous animals, maybe there is a god.  I kid   :biggrin:

I never heard about the Siberian Fires before, I guess we don't mind when Russia burns. I kid   :biggrin:

Offline Lowdz

Stay safe Aussies. 🤞🏻

Offline Lowdz

We complain about it always raining here but there’s zero chance of us being in the same boat as you guys. It looks bloody awful. And to think morons are starting some of these on purpose 😡

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
I don't normally read into politics and climate change and such, but what we are experiencing really makes you wonder. 

There really isn't much to wonder.  Humanity has been killing this planet for decades.  The planet is finally fighting back.  I say that mostly in jest, but essentially that is what's happening.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
snatched this from Splent's FB page today

How are 480 million animals killed but only 13 people??

Stay safe guys.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm sure a lot of that land is where many animals and less humans who have a greater intelligence to not get trapped live.  Just my guess.  I dont think the koala's saw the news and got in their car to safety  :biggrin:  I'm sure there's lots of animal instinct but when the fires are that bad, there's not much that can be done if you are stuck in it all.  Reminds me of Bambi.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Thanks for the thoughts guys - I think our area is likely fine from here but in the worst areas............well here's today's morning news headline

Anyway...........the colour of that map has made me think of JP's Firepower :\ ..........time for some music.  :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 04:32:08 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm sure a lot of that land is where many animals and less humans who have a greater intelligence to not get trapped live.  Just my guess.  I dont think the koala's saw the news and got in their car to safety  :biggrin:  I'm sure there's lots of animal instinct but when the fires are that bad, there's not much that can be done if you are stuck in it all.  Reminds me of Bambi.

Do you guys really think we ride kangaroos to work?

This is bushland that sparks and spreads like literally wildfire.  Where are the koalas suppose to go, and the rate it spreads, how can they escape?  They kind of can't out run it.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

There really isn't much to wonder.  Humanity has been killing this planet for decades.  The planet is finally fighting back.  I say that mostly in jest, but essentially that is what's happening.

Yeah, I think that too, was just trying to not be too blatant haha.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
To change the mood a little, going back to teh three albums Jason featured, I haven't spoken about Rush yet.  I guess, to be honest, I never really understood the legendary status of this album.  I always have much preferred Signals, GUP and PW.  It's fine, but I've never been blown away by Limelight and TS.  Barchetta also I never really loved that much.  Witch Hunt is cool and YYZ is of course an instrumental classic.  I'd have to remind myself on Camera and Vital Signs too if I'm being totally honest.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni

Do you not? We ride bears to work.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Do you not? We ride bears to work.

Moose over here.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
Longhorns for us
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
To change the mood a little, going back to teh three albums Jason featured, I haven't spoken about Rush yet.  I guess, to be honest, I never really understood the legendary status of this album.  I always have much preferred Signals, GUP and PW.  It's fine, but I've never been blown away by Limelight and TS.  Barchetta also I never really loved that much.  Witch Hunt is cool and YYZ is of course an instrumental classic.  I'd have to remind myself on Camera and Vital Signs too if I'm being totally honest.

Play it again, from beginning to end.  Absolute classic album.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni

Play it again, from beginning to end.  Absolute classic album.

Alright, will do boss.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
 :tup :metal  :metal :metal :metal :metal trust me

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
For those who haven’t quite gotten Moving Pictures (wolfster), go to YouTube and watch the videos of Limelight and Tom Sawyer. It’s something about those two videos filmed it that cabin with the snowy background that just hits home (Canada), but I think will help hit home how awesome that album is for everyone else. After watching those two videos then play the album in it’s entirety. If you don’t dig it after that, than I have no further advice lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I didn't think it was possible to not "get" Moving Pictures.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
This is my last bit of advice and guidance to Wolfarama. If he doesn’t get the awesomeness of Moving Pictures after this advice, then it’s over lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
OK..just listened to Turbo.

Guys, WTF are you talking about?? This album blows such big fucking chunks. The only song that approaches not sucking is Reckless.

As for Ram It Down, just blew through that as well. Other than the title track, and maybe Blood Red Skies, I would have to say that this album sucks too. What fucking band is this? If this album was released by any no name band, it would be laughed off into eternity. Because it has the Judas Priest name on it actually makes it worse IMO.

These two albums show a band that was absolfuckinglutely lost.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:28:38 PM by TAC »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Cmon Timster you can’t say it blows chunks when you’ve jumped from the classic rock crowd into this growlie stuff you listen to now!! Turbo is a sign of the times but it’s still a great rock album. Turbo Lover, Locked In, Out in the Cold, Hot for Love and Reckless are classics!! I haven’t listened to your growlie songs admittedly, but I would bet money they aren’t as awesome as Hot for Love. That’s my honest guess

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Cmon Timster you can’t say it blows chunks when you’ve jumped from the classic rock crowd into this growlie stuff you listen to now!! Turbo is a sign of the times but it’s still a great rock album. Turbo Lover, Locked In, Out in the Cold, Hot for Love and Reckless are classics!! I haven’t listened to your growlie songs admittedly, but I would bet money they aren’t as awesome as Hot for Love. That’s my honest guess

A sign of the times? Plenty of bands released great albums in 1986. Of course plenty of bands didn't, and Judas Priest is one of them.

You know how bad Turbo is? I would take Power Windows over it 200 times over 100.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Fair enough but I’m listening to Turbo and Ram it Down and Power Windows 100000000000000000000000000x over these growlie things (I can’t even make out the names/logos).

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I did see the Turbo tour though.

June 4, 1986
Providence Civic Center

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
That’s a great concert video!!

And nobody can deny the awesomeness of Heavy Metal Parking Lot from this tour (not even Tim)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

And nobody can deny the awesomeness of Heavy Metal Parking Lot from this tour (not even Tim)

I love Heavy Metal Parking Lot. Those are my people! :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I love Heavy Metal Parking Lot. Those are my people! :lol

:metal :metal :metal that’s the Tim I know

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Hey, I roamed those parking lots back in the day. Such a great time.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni

I’m willing to bet $50,000 right now that no 1986 Camaro was blasting growlie shit while you roamed the parking lots looking for ladies in acid wash jeans lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns

I’m willing to bet $50,000 right now that no 1986 Camaro was blasting growlie shit while you roamed the parking lots looking for ladies in acid wash jeans lol

Jason, I've posted this pic before, but this was me in 1986.

Iron Maiden bumper sticker
Black AND red laces on my Nike high tops
Pooka bead necklace. :lol
Kind of mullet. :lol :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Tim of August 1986 is cool

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Here's a pic of me and my friends after the Priest concert outside of the Civic Center.

I'm on the left with my Piece Of Mind tour shirt. The two kids on the right were two of me best friends, and the kid holding his nuts was one of their cousins. And yes, he was as big of an asshole as he looks.